• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Winx Club isn't even an anime but people were posting it so I went along with it:

Bloom ENFJ 6w7/629 so/sp

Tecna: ISTJ 513 sp/so

Flora: ISFJ 926 sp/sx

Musa: ISFP 4w3/479 sx/sp

Layla: ESTJ 1w2/172 so/sp

Stella: ESFP 738 so/sx

Non-Winx:

Chatta: ESFP 7w8/738

Digit: INTP 5w6/539 so/sp

Tune: ISFJ 1w2/126 so/sp

Lockette: INFP 9w1/926 sp/so

Amore: INFP 2w1/296 sx/so

Helia: INFP 9w1/946 sx/sp

Timmy: INTP 5w6/594 sp/so

Sky: ISFJ 2w1/216 so/sp

Brandon: ESFP 3w2/379

Riven: ISTP 8w9/846 sp/sx

Nabu: ENFJ 2w3/216 so/sp

Faragonda: ENFJ 2w1/216 sp/so

Icy - ENTJ 3w4 (38x)

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
More Winx Characters:

Darcy: INTJ 8w9/845 sp/sx

Stormy: ESFP 7w8/784) sx/sp

Icy: Agree with Deceit, maybe 6 fix?

Roxy: ISFP(?) 9w1/962 so/sp

Valtor: ENTJ 3w4/385 sp/sx

Mitzi: ESTJ 3w2/387 so/sp

Mirta: 9w1/946 sp/sx

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
More Winx Characters:

Darcy: INTJ 8w9/845 sp/sx

Stormy: ESFP 7w8/784) sx/sp

Icy: Agree with Deceit, maybe 6 fix?

Roxy: ISFP(?) 9w1/962 so/sp

Valtor: ENTJ 3w4/385 sp/sx

Mitzi: ESTJ 3w2/387 so/sp

Mirta: 9w1/946 sp/sx

I'd have went with ISTP for Darcy, she seemed to have more Se than inferior

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That could be right, but I don't really see Usagi as creative.

I don't know why, she's a very creative and curious person and loves coming up with new ideas and loves new ideas and learning new things in general, she's bad at school like Naruto another ENFP but that doesn't mean she's not creative, she definitely is for sure. Here's her listed as ENFP again here:

I think some of their character posts are mistypes like I type Gon and Luffy ENFPs, and Light INTJ in my opinion. But I agree Usagi is definitely ENFP again here too:

MBTI Anime: ENFP : mbti

I would say Sailor Venus is ESFP definitely in comparison to an ENFP like Usagi Sailor Moon.

People also called Usagi ENFP here recently in this thread:

What fictional characters to you are Enfp? : ENFP

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know why, she's a very creative and curious person and loves coming up with new ideas and loves new ideas and learning new things in general, she's bad at school like Naruto another ENFP but that doesn't mean she's not creative, she definitely is for sure. Here's her listed as ENFP again here:

I think some of their character posts are mistypes like I type Gon and Luffy ENFPs, and Light INTJ in my opinion. But I agree Usagi is definitely ENFP again here too:

I would say Sailor Venus is ESFP definitely in comparison to an ENFP like Usagi Sailor Moon.

Once again, this could be right, but I don't see her as creative. When has she ever been artistic or inventive, or come up with a new idea?

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Once again, this could be right, but I don't see her as creative. When has she ever been artistic or inventive, or come up with a new idea?

Don't worry, I'm going to do a Sailor Moon Usagi ENFP Post, she definitely comes up with lots of ideas in the series and I'll point them all out in the post. Also sometimes a characters Ne comes out even if the writers didn't want them to come up with ideas as they simply didn't want to take them in that direction as a ENFP character in their story, especially if its a film. But this doesn't count for Usagi as she does have Ne ideas anyway in her long running series and I'll point them out again in the future in my ENFP post for her, so look forward to that.

Also here's a comment and reply from that thread from that person who typed Usagi ENFP there on reddit, here's their comment down below to your response in this thread:

Habukio:

Tbh I think that the way she create good possibilities about the future in her head and the need to make the world better an example of high Ne. For me ESFP would focus on the present more. They'd go out to have fun, but Usagi nearly sacrifices herself for the better good. Usagi is kinda like a humanitarian. She doesn't just experience life, she fight for the humanity. She is usually crackheaded because she day-dreams everytime, except when she needs to fight seriously. Sometimes she also has serious mental breakdown lol

Here's the original thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ENFP/comments/ite9t8/what_fictional_characters_to_you_are_enfp/

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
School Days
Makoto : ISTP
Kotonoha : INFJ
Sekai : ENFP
Setsuna : INxJ
Taisuke : ESTP
Otome : ENFJ

SAO

Kirito : INFJ
Asuna : ENFP
Klein : ENFP ?
Yui : INFP
Sinon : INFJ
Lisbeth : ENFP
Suguha : ENFP
Kayaba : INTP

Makoto-ISFP He is a sensitive guy by default and acts on his feelings rather than logic.
Katsura-agreed.
Sekai-agreed but ENFJ is also possible in that her expressiveness and outer warmth contrasts that of Makoto's. She could be a tertiary Se user.
Setsuna-INFJ as she puts Sekai's needs above hers without hesitation and sympathizes w/ Katsura
Taisuke-either that or ESFP, unsure which.
Hikari-ESFJ very Fe-dom and Si aux personality
Otome-agreed.
Nanami-ISTP
Kokoro-ENFP
Otome’s trio-ISFJ, ESFJ and ISFP

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
Scratch that! Makoto being xNFP and Sekai ENFJ would make more sense in that he lacks Ni never thinking about future consequences of his actions. That explains why these 4 xNFJ bitches fall for a piece of shit like him.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have been getting back into Danganronpa for whatever reason and felt like typing the Class 78 characters for fun, with brief comments to summarize my rationale.

Makoto Naegi: ISFJ 9w1
-Harmonious, self-sacrificial, positive, sweet.

Sayaka Maizono: ESFJ 2w3
-Nice, helpful, protective of her loved ones, but also her public image.

Leon Kuwata: ESFP 7w8
-One of the harder ones to type for me? Outgoing, friendly, easygoing, edgy.

Chihiro Fujisaki: ISFJ 9w1
-Values peace and cooperation, shy, easily steamrolled.

Mondo Oowada: ESTP 6w7
-Counterphobic, hostile, loyal to those who've earned his trust

Kiyotaka Ishimaru: ESTJ 1w2
-Group leader, perfectionistic, wants to maintain order.

Hifumi Yamada: ENTP 7w6
-Eccentric, consumed by his own interests, easily swayed by fantasies.

Celestia Ludenberg: INTJ 3w4
-Another hard one to type. Elitist, impersonal, and image-focused.

Sakura Oogami: ISTJ 1w9
-Disciplined, principled, and protective.

Aoi Asahina: ESFJ 2w3
-Sweet, caring, protective, emotional.

Yasuhiro Hagakure: ENTP 6w7
-Unfiltered thoughts, friendly, but fearful and sometimes paranoid.

Touko Fukawa: INFP 4w5
-Caught up in her own fantasies, ostracized from others, self-deprecating.

Byakuya Togami: INTJ 3w4
-Also elitist and logical, but prideful in his own status and social power.

Kyoko Kirigiri: INTJ 5w6
-Clear-sighted objectivity, withdrawn, takes a while to trust others.

Mukuro Ikusaba: INFJ 6w5
-The third character that was hard for me to type. Faithfully devoted to her sister at her own expense. Shy and withdrawn.

Junko Enoshima: ENFP 7w8
-Zany, desperate to escape boredom and repetitiveness, aggressive and unpredictable.

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
Scratch that! Makoto being xNFP and Sekai ENFJ would make more sense in that he lacks Ni never thinking about future consequences of his actions. That explains why these 4 xNFJ bitches fall for a piece of shit like him.

Taisuke-ESTP
Trio-INFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was reminiscing over Cardcaptor Sakura and how it's my favorite series of all time, and I realized I had never typed the characters before! So I decided to do all the significant characters in the series.

Sakura Kinomoto: ESFJ 2w3
-I think Sakura is a great example of "the people's ENFP". Many MBTI beginners probably would type her as a stereotypical ENFP. She comes off as spacy and ditzy, but this isn't really a characteristic specific to ENFPs. Sakura is very polite, sweet, and courteous. She's so charming she always wins people over. She lacks the manic-mindedness of an ENFP, spewing ideas without much filter. What's most important to Sakura is preserving and strengthening the relationships that are affirming to her. I think 2 makes sense over 6 because she is definitely a positive outlook type - she is super relationship-focused as well. And the 3 wing gives her a sense of magnetism as opposed to a 1 wing, since she is not really self-disciplined at all.

Tomoyo Daidouji: INFP 9w1
-The peaceful and harmoniousness of a 9 with her 1 wing giving her a bit more aristocratic presence. Plus she's so altruistic that she selflessly allows Sakura to fall in love with Syaoran without a hint of jealousy. But I would say she is an INFP because she is often wrapped up in her own fantasies and can be fairly whimsical in pursuing them.

Syaoran Li: ISTJ 1w9
-I think this one is pretty clear, especially early on. The depth that gets added to his character later on blurs the lines a bit, but that's good because people often pigeonhole this type as robotic and unemotional. Syaoran is serious, honors tradition, and dedicated to carrying on the legacy of his family. He is protective of those he cares about, and (although he is pretty transparent) he saves his most vulnerable feelings to disclose to those he trusts the most.

Meilin Li: ESFP 7w8
-I think she and Kero are actually pretty similar. The main difference is that she is more argumentative and aggressive. I considered ESTP for her as well, but I think she's more driven by value-based judgments. She's also lively and impulsive.

Kero (Cerberus): ESFP 7w6
-Also lively and impulsive, but with a slightly more cautious streak. And he loves to get consumed in whatever is entertaining him at the time. I think this type is pretty clear as well.

Yue: INFJ 6w5
-INCREDIBLY loyal to Clow Reed and Sakura once she fights to earn his trust as well. He rarely lets others in, but for those he does he is fiercely protective of them. Keeps to himself most of the time but has a kind heart deep down. Has a certain clear-sightedness the other characters lack.

Touya Kinomoto: ISTP 9w8
-Actually one of the harder characters to type for me MBTI-wise. I was stuck between ISTP and ISFJ. He is secretly very caring and protective of Sakura and Yukito, but being responsible and a good provider doesn't necessarily mean he has to be an xSFJ. I think this could be a case like Syaoran where his character brings light to the emotional depth of introverted thinkers. Introversion is pretty clear, and I think STP makes sense for him as his natural state of being is pretty carefree and blunt. He is also athletic and sees things pretty directly without overcomplicating things. 9w8 is pretty solid since he is a peacemaker but will not allow himself to be steamrolled.

Yukito Tsukishiro: ISFJ 9w1
-First of all, him and Touya are the cutest boy/boy couple in anime history to me. What is it about magical girl series (CCS, Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, etc) that allows them to represent gay love so well? Anyways, I think Yukito's type is pretty obvious. He is harmonious, serene, polite, and courteous. He is so committed to keeping the peace that he can sometimes neglect his own needs.

Eriol Hiiragizawa: INTJ 5w4
-Absolutely a pure knowledge gatherer. Wants to deepen his understanding and connection to Clow Reed as he is his reincarnated form. I think a 4 wing is what creates an energy that sets him apart from others, and he feels this separation as well. He is calculated and compartmentalizes his emotions to accomplish what is necessary in a very Machiavellian manner.

I think I've lost my touch with instinctual variants because they're so much harder for me to type, but it is what it is :blush:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so

usagi enfp
mamoru istj
sailor mars estj anime,manga intj
venus enfj
ami infp
sailor mercury esfj
haruka esfp
michiru intj
sailor pluto isfj
sailor saturn infj
sailor galaxia entj (manga) estp(anime)
queen nehellia esfp

Tsundereshipper

MBTI Type
XXXP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
usagi enfp
mamoru istj
sailor mars estj anime,manga intj
venus enfj
ami infp
sailor mercury esfj
haruka esfp
michiru intj
sailor pluto isfj
sailor saturn infj
sailor galaxia entj (manga) estp(anime)
queen nehellia esfp

I agree with this for the most part, though I think Venus is an ESTP in the manga while she's an ESFP in the 90's anime. Saturn is only an INFJ in her Saturn form, but as Hotaru (pre-rebirth) she's either an INFP or an ISFJ I think. 90's anime Galaxia when not possessed is an ENFJ, and her Chaos possessed form you could make the case of it being her subconscious/shadow manifestation so she would actually be an ISTP (though ESTP is close enough)

90's anime Haruka is either an ISTP or an ENFJ, can't tell which one is her actual type and which is just her subconscious leaking out. I think in the manga though she might be an ESTP?

What do you think the rest of the SM villains types are? Particularly the Black Moon clan?

Tsundereshipper

MBTI Type
XXXP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was reminiscing over Cardcaptor Sakura and how it's my favorite series of all time, and I realized I had never typed the characters before! So I decided to do all the significant characters in the series.

Sakura Kinomoto: ESFJ 2w3
-I think Sakura is a great example of "the people's ENFP". Many MBTI beginners probably would type her as a stereotypical ENFP. She comes off as spacy and ditzy, but this isn't really a characteristic specific to ENFPs. Sakura is very polite, sweet, and courteous. She's so charming she always wins people over. She lacks the manic-mindedness of an ENFP, spewing ideas without much filter. What's most important to Sakura is preserving and strengthening the relationships that are affirming to her. I think 2 makes sense over 6 because she is definitely a positive outlook type - she is super relationship-focused as well. And the 3 wing gives her a sense of magnetism as opposed to a 1 wing, since she is not really self-disciplined at all.

Tomoyo Daidouji: INFP 9w1
-The peaceful and harmoniousness of a 9 with her 1 wing giving her a bit more aristocratic presence. Plus she's so altruistic that she selflessly allows Sakura to fall in love with Syaoran without a hint of jealousy. But I would say she is an INFP because she is often wrapped up in her own fantasies and can be fairly whimsical in pursuing them.

Syaoran Li: ISTJ 1w9
-I think this one is pretty clear, especially early on. The depth that gets added to his character later on blurs the lines a bit, but that's good because people often pigeonhole this type as robotic and unemotional. Syaoran is serious, honors tradition, and dedicated to carrying on the legacy of his family. He is protective of those he cares about, and (although he is pretty transparent) he saves his most vulnerable feelings to disclose to those he trusts the most.

Meilin Li: ESFP 7w8
-I think she and Kero are actually pretty similar. The main difference is that she is more argumentative and aggressive. I considered ESTP for her as well, but I think she's more driven by value-based judgments. She's also lively and impulsive.

Kero (Cerberus): ESFP 7w6
-Also lively and impulsive, but with a slightly more cautious streak. And he loves to get consumed in whatever is entertaining him at the time. I think this type is pretty clear as well.

Yue: INFJ 6w5
-INCREDIBLY loyal to Clow Reed and Sakura once she fights to earn his trust as well. He rarely lets others in, but for those he does he is fiercely protective of them. Keeps to himself most of the time but has a kind heart deep down. Has a certain clear-sightedness the other characters lack.

Touya Kinomoto: ISTP 9w8
-Actually one of the harder characters to type for me MBTI-wise. I was stuck between ISTP and ISFJ. He is secretly very caring and protective of Sakura and Yukito, but being responsible and a good provider doesn't necessarily mean he has to be an xSFJ. I think this could be a case like Syaoran where his character brings light to the emotional depth of introverted thinkers. Introversion is pretty clear, and I think STP makes sense for him as his natural state of being is pretty carefree and blunt. He is also athletic and sees things pretty directly without overcomplicating things. 9w8 is pretty solid since he is a peacemaker but will not allow himself to be steamrolled.

Yukito Tsukishiro: ISFJ 9w1
-First of all, him and Touya are the cutest boy/boy couple in anime history to me. What is it about magical girl series (CCS, Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, etc) that allows them to represent gay love so well? Anyways, I think Yukito's type is pretty obvious. He is harmonious, serene, polite, and courteous. He is so committed to keeping the peace that he can sometimes neglect his own needs.

Eriol Hiiragizawa: INTJ 5w4
-Absolutely a pure knowledge gatherer. Wants to deepen his understanding and connection to Clow Reed as he is his reincarnated form. I think a 4 wing is what creates an energy that sets him apart from others, and he feels this separation as well. He is calculated and compartmentalizes his emotions to accomplish what is necessary in a very Machiavellian manner.

I think I've lost my touch with instinctual variants because they're so much harder for me to type, but it is what it is :blush:
These CCS typings are really good, and though I agree ESFJ is a good typing for Sakura, might I suggest some sort of XSFP for her rather than the often cited ENFP? She clearly has Se and Ni, her Se shows in her athleticism and Ni in the prophetic dreams that she experiences (but it's still quite low so she wouldn't really be able to interpret it that well) I can see why some would read her day dreaminess as a sign of Ne, but I think that could also be her Enneagram at play and she could be a 4(w3) for her heart type rather than a 2. (I don't think she leads with her heart anyways, I think her main type is either a very borderline 6w7/7w6 or a 9w8)

Tomoyo's selflessness I think comes from high Fe rather than Fi, she's extremely perceptive of people in a way a Fi user wouldn't be I would think. I think she's an INFJ rather than INFP, Yue on the other hand is a clear Te user rather than a Fe user, he's not good with people at all and very private about his true feelings so he wouldn't be a INFJ, but rather some kind of IXTJ. Eriol/Clow meanwhile I think is the INFJ as he is extremely perceptive of others.

Everyone else is pretty spot on though.

I see you mentioned Sailor Moon though, have you ever typed the Senshi and other characters from that series? I'd love to hear your takes on them since typings seem incredibly well thought out. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
These CCS typings are really good, and though I agree ESFJ is a good typing for Sakura, might I suggest some sort of XSFP for her rather than the often cited ENFP? She clearly has Se and Ni, her Se shows in her athleticism and Ni in the prophetic dreams that she experiences (but it's still quite low so she wouldn't really be able to interpret it that well) I can see why some would read her day dreaminess as a sign of Ne, but I think that could also be her Enneagram at play and she could be a 4(w3) for her heart type rather than a 2. (I don't think she leads with her heart anyways, I think her main type is either a very borderline 6w7/7w6 or a 9w8)

Tomoyo's selflessness I think comes from high Fe rather than Fi, she's extremely perceptive of people in a way a Fi user wouldn't be I would think. I think she's an INFJ rather than INFP, Yue on the other hand is a clear Te user rather than a Fe user, he's not good with people at all and very private about his true feelings so he wouldn't be a INFJ, but rather some kind of IXTJ. Eriol/Clow meanwhile I think is the INFJ as he is extremely perceptive of others.

Everyone else is pretty spot on though.

I've actually distanced myself from typing solely based on Jungian cognitive functions, because the only part of the MBTI that has been empirically supported through correlation with the Big 5 is the dichotomous aspect of it. I still consider functions for sure, but I think it's also important for me to think in general terms of Feeling vs. Thinking, etc. I also try to consider the archetypes of each of the 16 types and which best exemplifies the character. And the last thing I take into consideration is interaction style (and harmonic/hornevian triads for Enneagram) because I feel using this to examine a character's demeanor sheds a lot of light on their type.

For Sakura, I could see ESFP. I think any ExFx type could be explained for her (with the exception of ENFJ, because she clearly has a Get-Things-Going interaction style as opposed to In-Charge). But I personally feel ESFJ makes more sense for her because she seems like she leads with Fe above all else. She is considerate of others' feelings, she is very polite and courteous, and she is actually very responsible and organized (keeps on top of her chores, regularly going about her day doing things for others, etc). I think Sakura is very much a girl-next-door type, which is why I see ESFJ for her. I could see Se because she is naturally athletic (which is why I gave Touya ISTP), but I don't think Se is how she primarily leads her life. I also think her athleticism and orientation towards physicality in general could just be explained by her being an S type. I also think ExFPs display a degree of self-interest that I simply don't see in her. I would have to disagree on 4 though because Sakura is definitely a positive outlook Enneagram type for me (2, 7, or 9). 4 is withdrawn, and extroversion is probably one of Sakura's biggest qualities. Sakura is also not very reflective or sullen, and I don't think self-investigation is her primary motivating force. I could see 6 for her, though, because I was torn between 6w7 and 2w3. I don't think she would be a 7 because 7 is too hedonistic and self-prioritizing, even if they are friendly and kind. But I think 6 only makes sense on the surface, since she can get anxious over very miniscule details. So ultimately I decided 2 because relationships and love seem to be her primary motivation, and when Eriol showed her what the end of the world looked like, Sakura's worst fear was the loss of love.

I can definitely see INFJ for Tomoyo though. I think Fe makes sense for her too, but I personally feel she is more Behind-the-Scenes versus Chart-the-Course, aka INFP over INFJ. I also simply think she fits more along the Perceiver end of the spectrum than Judging, because she is more spontaneous and fantastical. I think this part of her could also be explained by Ne. But I wouldn't contest someone typing her INFJ because she does kind of possess some sort of intuitive insight I associate with Ni. And then for Yue, I pretty much have the same logic but flipped. He seems very much like a Chart-the-Course type of character, because he is very level-headed and calculated while withdrawn and standoffish. I think his sense of duty and loyalty to his Mistress, while definitely attributable to being 6w5, could be reflective of Fe. I also think he falls more in line with Judgment over Perceiving because he is more tightly wound and regimented. And I kind of used the same logic for Eriol, because he seems like a clear Thinker over a Feeler to me - this is mostly what I meant when I called him Machiavellian. It's very Te for me to see him look past any feelings he may have about manipulating or hurting Sakura in order to make sure everything goes according to plan.

I see you mentioned Sailor Moon though, have you ever typed the Senshi and other characters from that series? I'd love to hear your takes on them since typings seem incredibly well thought out. :)

I'm a bad mahou shoujo stan and still haven't finished the whole franchise, I still need to watch the movies and the last season (Sailor Stars). It's harder for me to get through Sailor Moon because it can be SO episodic. CCS will always be my fave, but I still love other mahou shoujo series though :wubbie: If I had to type them on the fly, I'd say...

Usagi Tsukino: ESFP 7w6
Ami Mizuno: ISFJ 9w1
Rei Hino: ESTJ 8w7
Makoto Kino: really not sure about this one honestly
Minako Aino: ESFJ 2w3
Mamoru Chiba: IDK because he loses all of his personality after season 1
Chibi-Usa: brat!
Hotaru Tomoe: INFP 4w3
Haruka Tenou: stud
Michiru Kaiou: femme
Setsuna Meiou: INFJ 1w9

What are your thoughts?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I agree with this for the most part, though I think Venus is an ESTP in the manga while she's an ESFP in the 90's anime. Saturn is only an INFJ in her Saturn form, but as Hotaru (pre-rebirth) she's either an INFP or an ISFJ I think. 90's anime Galaxia when not possessed is an ENFJ, and her Chaos possessed form you could make the case of it being her subconscious/shadow manifestation so she would actually be an ISTP (though ESTP is close enough)

90's anime Haruka is either an ISTP or an ENFJ, can't tell which one is her actual type and which is just her subconscious leaking out. I think in the manga though she might be an ESTP?

What do you think the rest of the SM villains types are? Particularly the Black Moon clan?

jadeite- intj
zoisite- isfp
nephrite- enfj
kunzite- entj
berthier infp
calveras- enfj
koan estj
zets- esfj
rubeus-istp
esmeraude-estj
saphir-intj
prince demande esfp
wiseman-intj
jinjun-estp
pallapalla-entp
cerecere-enfj
vesves=estj

i was thinking enfj for galaxia as well in both anime and manga. the problem with enfj in the anime is not enough evidence to suggest strong ni aux and she shows a lot of se in the anime and especially talking with usagi, and trying to get her to see the situation for what it is, se obviously and she talks about morals in an objective standpoint ans has that look of shame on her face(fe). ti in trying to knockj some sense into usagi.

haruka, i can see enfj for her,but the problem for me id her story seems esp, and i when you see how she interact with michiru,it seems tame and there is passion but it seems internally intense with her dual,michiru.

also,sailor galaxia,michiru,pluto are some of the hottest anime women ive seen. galaxia is top 10.

Tsundereshipper

MBTI Type
XXXP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've actually distanced myself from typing solely based on Jungian cognitive functions, because the only part of the MBTI that has been empirically supported through correlation with the Big 5 is the dichotomous aspect of it. I still consider functions for sure, but I think it's also important for me to think in general terms of Feeling vs. Thinking, etc. I also try to consider the archetypes of each of the 16 types and which best exemplifies the character. And the last thing I take into consideration is interaction style (and harmonic/hornevian triads for Enneagram) because I feel using this to examine a character's demeanor sheds a lot of light on their type.

For Sakura, I could see ESFP. I think any ExFx type could be explained for her (with the exception of ENFJ, because she clearly has a Get-Things-Going interaction style as opposed to In-Charge). But I personally feel ESFJ makes more sense for her because she seems like she leads with Fe above all else. She is considerate of others' feelings, she is very polite and courteous, and she is actually very responsible and organized (keeps on top of her chores, regularly going about her day doing things for others, etc). I think Sakura is very much a girl-next-door type, which is why I see ESFJ for her. I could see Se because she is naturally athletic (which is why I gave Touya ISTP), but I don't think Se is how she primarily leads her life. I also think her athleticism and orientation towards physicality in general could just be explained by her being an S type. I also think ExFPs display a degree of self-interest that I simply don't see in her. I would have to disagree on 4 though because Sakura is definitely a positive outlook Enneagram type for me (2, 7, or 9). 4 is withdrawn, and extroversion is probably one of Sakura's biggest qualities. Sakura is also not very reflective or sullen, and I don't think self-investigation is her primary motivating force. I could see 6 for her, though, because I was torn between 6w7 and 2w3. I don't think she would be a 7 because 7 is too hedonistic and self-prioritizing, even if they are friendly and kind. But I think 6 only makes sense on the surface, since she can get anxious over very miniscule details. So ultimately I decided 2 because relationships and love seem to be her primary motivation, and when Eriol showed her what the end of the world looked like, Sakura's worst fear was the loss of love.

I can definitely see INFJ for Tomoyo though. I think Fe makes sense for her too, but I personally feel she is more Behind-the-Scenes versus Chart-the-Course, aka INFP over INFJ. I also simply think she fits more along the Perceiver end of the spectrum than Judging, because she is more spontaneous and fantastical. I think this part of her could also be explained by Ne. But I wouldn't contest someone typing her INFJ because she does kind of possess some sort of intuitive insight I associate with Ni. And then for Yue, I pretty much have the same logic but flipped. He seems very much like a Chart-the-Course type of character, because he is very level-headed and calculated while withdrawn and standoffish. I think his sense of duty and loyalty to his Mistress, while definitely attributable to being 6w5, could be reflective of Fe. I also think he falls more in line with Judgment over Perceiving because he is more tightly wound and regimented. And I kind of used the same logic for Eriol, because he seems like a clear Thinker over a Feeler to me - this is mostly what I meant when I called him Machiavellian. It's very Te for me to see him look past any feelings he may have about manipulating or hurting Sakura in order to make sure everything goes according to plan.

I'm a bad mahou shoujo stan and still haven't finished the whole franchise, I still need to watch the movies and the last season (Sailor Stars). It's harder for me to get through Sailor Moon because it can be SO episodic. CCS will always be my fave, but I still love other mahou shoujo series though :wubbie: If I had to type them on the fly, I'd say...

Usagi Tsukino: ESFP 7w6
Ami Mizuno: ISFJ 9w1
Rei Hino: ESTJ 8w7
Makoto Kino: really not sure about this one honestly
Minako Aino: ESFJ 2w3
Mamoru Chiba: IDK because he loses all of his personality after season 1
Chibi-Usa: brat!
Hotaru Tomoe: INFP 4w3
Haruka Tenou: stud
Michiru Kaiou: femme
Setsuna Meiou: INFJ 1w9

What are your thoughts?

Ah, I see now where you got your typings from. Yeah, I typically type using Cognitive Functions theory and don't know too much about the Socionics method so generally like to stay clear of it, your typings probably make sense and are correct in that setting though.

I'd like to explain why I can see 4 for Sakura's heart type though (are you familiar with tritypes by any chance?) mostly I just chose it because I believe that's where she gets her tendency to day-dream rather than from the Ne function. 4 isn't just associated with introversion/withdrawal and self-discovery/melancholy, it's also the type most prone to having flights of fancy. Nevertheless I type using tritype theory so even though I do believe there's a very strong possibility of 4 being Sakura's heart type, it still wouldn't have that much of an overt influence on her for her to display the more typically melancholy and pessimistic aspects of 4 because it would come last in her tritype. I also considered 4 for her heart type because the 479 "gentle spirit" archetype seems to fit her very well. 479 Gentle Spirit Archetype - 知乎 However, 2 is also a very strong possibility for her heart type (I guess it's also hard for me to see it because 2's also are known for being kinda pushy and manipulative/self-martyring when it comes to their affection, but Sakura is also a very healthy individual and has 9 as her gut type so maybe that's why she wouldn't come off as your stereotypical 2) like how I'm stuck between 6w7/7w6 (For me, the 6 comes from the fact that she's actually quite the scaredy cat when it comes to stuff like ghosts and does typically need guidance) for Sakura's head type, I'm also stuck between 2w3 and 4w3 for her heart. All I know for sure is 9w8 is definitely her gut type, no doubts about that. (she might even lead with it too)

I actually did once consider ENFJ as a possible typing for Sakura (remember though I go by the traditional Cognitive Functions method, so I don't subscribe to the whole "J personalities mean you're a take charge kind of person, while P means you're easygoing") because of it's balanced use of Fe-Se (also I can totally see inferior Ti for Sakura either way considering how bad she is at Math lol) The typings I've considered for Sakura have been ESFP, ENFP, INFP, ISFP, ESFJ, ENFJ and ISFJ. She definitely leans more towards being an extrovert, but if we're going off purely functions wise I think INFP, ISFP and ISFJ make sense too. (The ISFJ in particular is because I can Si-dom for her due to how routine oriented she tends to be) I think we can at least all agree that no matter what she's definitely some kind of feeler over a thinker though, whether that's through the use of Fe or Fi lol.

As for my Sailor Moon typings, keep in mind that I type according to Cognitive Functions theory so here's what they'd be. (Also I'll just type them according to their 90's anime personas rather than their Manga selves since it seems the 90's anime is what you're most familiar with)

Usagi: ENFP, (her love of sleeping and eating is demonstrative of Si not Se, unlike Sakura she's not very athletic at all and is a major klutz) borderline 6w7/7w6 like Sakura (She's always crying and is a MAJOR scardey cat in the beginning lol) she might be an ENFJ when she becomes Neo Queen Serenity though.
Ami: ISXJ or an INTX, could also be an IXFP, she's kinda hard to narrow down into one type imo, 9w1.
Rei: EXTJ (could even be an ESTP possibly) 8w7
Mako: XSFJ or an ISFP, 9w8
Minako: XSFP, 7w6 or 3w2
Mamoru: INXJ? ISXJ? IXTP? (you're right kinda hard to type since he has such a flat personality lol) either a 4 or a 5.
Chibi-Usa: lmao but seriously I think she's a EXFJ or an ISFP, 2w3.
Hotaru: INFP or ISFJ, 4w5. (INFJ when in her Saturn form)
Haruka: ISTP or an ENFJ (can't tell which is her subconcious/shadow vs her actual type) 1w9
Michiru: INFJ I think (but I've also considered INTJ, ENTP and ISFP for her) 3w4/4w3 or a 5w4
Setsuna: INXJ, 1w9 yes.

What would you type the SM villains by the way? (Besides the Stars ones since you said you haven't finished that season yet)

Tsundereshipper

MBTI Type
XXXP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
jadeite- intj
zoisite- isfp
nephrite- enfj
kunzite- entj
berthier infp
calveras- enfj
koan estj
zets- esfj
rubeus-istp
esmeraude-estj
saphir-intj
prince demande esfp
wiseman-intj
jinjun-estp
pallapalla-entp
cerecere-enfj
vesves=estj

i was thinking enfj for galaxia as well in both anime and manga. the problem with enfj in the anime is not enough evidence to suggest strong ni aux and she shows a lot of se in the anime and especially talking with usagi, and trying to get her to see the situation for what it is, se obviously and she talks about morals in an objective standpoint ans has that look of shame on her face(fe). ti in trying to knockj some sense into usagi.

haruka, i can see enfj for her,but the problem for me id her story seems esp, and i when you see how she interact with michiru,it seems tame and there is passion but it seems internally intense with her dual,michiru.

also,sailor galaxia,michiru,pluto are some of the hottest anime women ive seen. galaxia is top 10.

For me it's:
Jadeite- ESTJ
Zoisite- XSFP, ESFJ or an ENTP
Nephrite- INTJ
Kunzite- ISTJ
Beryl: ENTJ or an ESFJ
Berthier- ENFP
Calveras- ENTP
Koan- ESFX
Petz- ISTX
Rubeus- ESTJ but I could see ISTP too now that I think about it, Manga I think he's an ENTP though
Esmeraude-ESFX but also possibly an ESTJ yes.
Wiseman-INXJ (might be Fe over Te considering how good he is at looking inside other's hearts and manipulating their emotions)
Fiore- IXFP or an XSFJ
Eudial- EXTJ
Mimette- ESFP
Prof Tomoe- ENTP in his Germatoid possessed form, ISFJ when he's his regular self.
Villuy- XNTJ
Tigers-Eye- ESTP
Hawks-Eye- ENTP or an ISFJ
Fish-Eye- XSFP
JunJun-XSTP
PallaPalla- EXFP or an ENTP
CereCere- ENXJ
VesVes - ESTJ yes
Nehellenia - ESFX in 90's anime, INTJ in manga
Lead Crow: ESTJ
Aluminum Siren: ENFP
Sailor Lethe (from the manga) ESTJ
Sailor Mnemosyne (again from the manga) IXFJ or an INFP.

I can only see ENFJ for Galaxia in the 90's anime, reason why is because before her possession she was pretty much treated like the Baby Jesus of the galaxy, which is very stereotypical ENFJ. Also the whole reason she chose to take Chaos into her body was to protect everyone which is very much Dom Fe, then again she's barely a character in the anime compared to her manga counterpart so she'd be pretty hard to regardless. (one of the few rare cases since in this series it's usually the other way around with the villains in the 90's anime typically getting more depth than in the manga) She's a pretty stereotypical ENTJ in the manga though on a Te-Se power trip with loads of repressed Fi

For Prince Demande it's interesting that you brought up ESFP for him, I was actually having trouble typing him myself (especially since he looks very much like a ambivert to me rather than a clear cut extrovert or introvert) but considering how he is in the 90's anime, it makes sense. I could really see him only having either inferior Ti or Ni considering how trusting was of Wiseman and didn't even have the clear foresight to think things through, is that how you arrived to the conclusion of ESFP for Demande? Cause of it's inferior Ni? He's quite a bit smarter in the manga though and more ruthless there too so I would actually peg his manga self as an ENTJ.

As for Saphir I think he might only be an INTX in the manga (or possibly an ISTJ) while in the 90's anime he comes off as a very sensible and caring IXFJ. (INTJ is still a possibility for him here too though, or even an ESTJ considering we see him whining to Demande alot and bossing Esmeraude around lol, could even be a Fi dom INFP since he's very much all about his own morals and staying on the course he believes to be right).

By the way what do you think everyone's Enneagram types are? Are you into that at all?