• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm going to assume that you're talking to me.

He seems too detailed oriented to be ENTJ and he also likes the whole peaceful everyday life thing. I also don't see much that points to N.

I agree with [MENTION=25795]Snow[/MENTION]frost 918 in that Ciel is INTJ. [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION] aren't INTJs known for being straightforward. He hardly thinks about feelings at all.

you know the reason he is this is this bc of what happen to him intjs are not straight forward yes they express theirs thoughts but they are crafty he is not not intj he does not seeem to have a focused goal

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you know the reason he is this is this bc of what happen to him intjs are not straight forward yes they express theirs thoughts but they are crafty he is not not intj he does not seeem to have a focused goal

Have you even watched it? He has the goal of avenging his parents' deaths. It's pretty much the main focus of the show.

skimpit

Okay, I wasn't going to log on til Sunday or such, but I have to correct you, [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION]. Just because it's the main goal of the show doesn't mean it's the character's main goal. Ciel is all over the place, and completely dependent on Sebastian to make important decisions on the behalf of the family. Ciel's too young to to that, so Sebastian does it in his place. It's hard to see through all the manipulation that takes place, but Ciel really is the prize. That's why there's so many metaphors of him being the king and Sebastian stealing the crown from him. The king is the weakest even with his power, and it's a perfect way for Sebastian to eat after all these years. It's a bit like Death Note in that both characters are scheming against each other constantly.

I do however agree that he is an INTJ because he has no sentimental attachment to literally anything. Everything is a means to an end with this boy. The time he crossdresses is a perfect example - he completely woos Druitt using the social cues of girls at the time, and separates his motives well from the goal, which at that time is catching Druitt. However he is easily tripped up by the more detail oriented Sebastian, who I can't type - personally. I'd say ST.

I'm not trying to argue with you here, I'm just saying that you've got to be more specific. Ciel's character arc and the contract he has with Sebastian are very Ni in that they have a stated goal (the end of days for one or both of them) but how they get to where that goal is accomplished is undefined.

I could see arguments for him as ISTJ, though, because the sentiments he does have tie very much into his family and the traditions of England then. I could even see him as a feeler, really, because he gets upset at the strangest things (if so, IFP or IFJ). However I think INTJ is the best bet.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going to assume that you're talking to me.

He seems too detailed oriented to be ENTJ and he also likes the whole peaceful everyday life thing. I also don't see much that points to N.

I agree with [MENTION=25795]Snow[/MENTION]frost 918 in that Ciel is INTJ. [MENTION=24057]draon9[/MENTION] aren't INTJs known for being straightforward. He hardly thinks about feelings at all.

I see too much of him that points to N. He has a lot of intuition and with a dominant personality that naturally needs to lead others like how he took over the Phantomhive household's servant (ordering them around.)
Sebastian is a demon. He does not like peace and if you go further into the manga, he shows a very chaotic side of him.

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've come to this conclusion as well. Honestly, I thought I'd be the only one.
You're not the only one!

It's always hilarious how people think INFPs cannot be deranged bad guys cause we're 'too soft' and give Makishima to INTJ.

Like um, no. I know an INFP when I see one and I know how ruthless we can be when our expectations are not met.

Laxton

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only doing one series because nobody talks about this one that much and it's the only one I'm still into. I'm going to offer explanations for a few, but I'm pressed for time.

Based on the novels:

To Aru Majutsu no Index
Kamijou Touma - INFP (definitely an Fi-dom, and his thought process is definitely Ne-heavy)
Accelerator - INTJ (seen him get typed as an INTP, ISTP, or INTJ; however, the amount of focus he puts on his attempt to identify who he is in terms of morality in the later novels of the series is very akin to an INTJ. Also, it is pretty apparent that he does not use Fe)
Mikoto Misaka - ISTP (she is very attuned to electronics and the way that they work, and her thought process is very similar to that of a Ti-dom. She definitely has Inferior Fe, and favors Ni over Ne)
Kuroko - ENFP (The random, eccentric behaviors meant only to entertain herself are strongly correlated with those of a Ne-Fi user)
Tsuchimikado Motoharu - ESTP
Index - ESFP
Kanzaki Kaori - ENTJ
Stiyl Magnus - ISTJ
Acqua of the Back - ISTP
The Meltdowner - Unhealthy ISFP
Hamazura Shiage - INFJ (Hard to type, but the purpose behind his role in Skill-Out is strongly indicative of Ni-Fe. All of his actions afterwards seem to be very reminiscent of an INFJ)
Aleister Crowley - INTJ
Fiamma of the Right - INTJ
Uiharu - ISFJ

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zankyou No Terror Types

Nine: INTJ
Twelve: ENFP (Clearly, these two are inverses of each other.)
Lisa: INFP
Shibazaki: Clear INTP (Heh, what is with Robert McCollum voicing police officers?)
Five: ESTJ

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Psycho-Pass Types

Akane Tsunemori: INFP
Shinya Kougami: ISTP
Nobuchika Ginoza: ISTJ
Shusei Kagari: ESFP
Yayoi Kunizuka: ISFP?
Shion Karanomori: ESTP
Tomomi Masaoka: ENTP?
Shogo Makashima: ENFP
Kozaburo Toma: No idea
Joshu Kasei: Can you really type a system?

Season 2
Mika Shimotsuki: Annoying ESTJ
Sakuya Togane: Ew. Ah well, he's possibly a stereotypical INTJ.
Sho Hinakawa: INTP?
Joji Saiga: ISTJ or IxTP (Seems to be a mix of Kougami and Ginoza.)
Kirito Kamui: ENFJ

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
8g3IGf7.png

L Lawliet - INTP makes perfect sense. the insight and ingenuity of Ne takes plain form in its external role. perfectly inverse cognition of myself and other NiTes

EzTBVoK.png

Light Yagami - probably not INTJ of JCF. Se is highly developed than any 4-inferior and seems to rely on it primarily as an investigative type. could easily be an ESTP recluse who lives structuredly but I'll continue to review

One issue I have with even good JCF definitions is they still assume Es are social

It's been years since I've watched this series, but I'd go with eNTJ (ENTJ by JCF, INTJ by dichotomies) for Light. The combination of his remorseless Machiavellianism, with his poorly defined but obsessive view of morality reeks of inferior Fi. As you say he is definitely not an inferior Se user: he is too dynamic and opportunistic.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If anyone saw Ruroni Kenshin recently, which type do you think the villain, Soujiro Seta, could be?
Sojiro%20portrait.jpg

I wanna say ISFJ.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If anyone saw Ruroni Kenshin recently, which type do you think the villain, Soujiro Seta, could be

I wanna say ISFJ.

ISFJ seems right for him.

I have just finished watching Steins;Gate:

Okabe: INTP LII-Ti 5w6 sp/so
Mayuri: ENFP SEI-Fe 9w1 so/sx
Daru: ENTP ILE-Ne 6w7 sp/so
Kurisu INTJ ILI-Te 3w4 so/sp
Suzuha: ISTP SLI-Si 7w6 sp/sx
Moeka: ISFP SEE-Fi 2w3 sp/sx
Feyris: ENFJ IEE-Fi 7w8 sx/so
Rukako: INFP IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so

skimpit

I know I'd be being hypocritical by saying this, so I'll group everyone by type for an updated list. So far, the consensus on APH:

AXIS:
- Japan: ISxx
- Italy: xxFP
- Germany: xTxx
ALLIES:
- France: Exxx
- England: Ixxx
- China: xxxJ
- Russia: xNxx
- America: ENxP, ENxJ, ExFP

Other Allies, not listed in the main group:
- Canada: INFx

Other characters:
- Sealand: ExFx
- Sweden: Ixxx
- Norway: IxxJ
- Finland: IxFx
- Denmark: ExxP
- Iceland: INxP
- Austria: ISxJ
- Hungary: ExFx
- Liechtenstein: IxFx
- Spain: ExFP
- Lithuania: xxFx
- Ladonia: ENTP
- Estonia: xxTx
- Latvia: IxxJ
- Seychelles: ExFP
- Ukraine: IxFP

Now for my two cents. Feel free to debate and ask questions on a typing: (these are in order according to the lists above)
1. ISFJ, ENFP, INTJ
2. ESFJ, INFJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENFP
3. INFP,
4. ENFJ, ISTP, INTJ, ENFP, ESTJ, INFP, INFP, ENFP (possibly sensor), INFP, ENFP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ (hard one)

And those not listed:
- Poland: ESTP (hard)
- Prussia: ESTJ
- Belgium: ISTP
- Netherlands: INFJ
- Australia: ENFP
- New Zealand: INFP
- Korea: INFJ
- South Italy: ENTJ
- Grandpa Rome: ENTP/INTJ
- Germania: INTJ
- Holy Rome: ENFJ
- Cameroon: INFP
- HKSAR: ENTJ
- Taiwan: ENTJ
- Vietnam: INTP
- Belarus: INTJ
- Greece: ENTP
- Turkey: INTJ
- Osaka: ENTP
- Kugelmugel: INTP (IP for sure)
- Molossia: ENTJ
- Hutt River: INTP
- Seborga: INTP
- Wy: ENTJ

I'm bored. Sorry if I post too much. Also, last updated 29 November 2016

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Vegeta istp
Nappa esfp
Goku estp
Gohan infj
Zamasu intj 5w4

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm surprised that no one's executed this idea yet (Go me!). The purpose of this thread is to list the types of specific anime characters to eventually construct a grand list. I decided to go ahead and list a few of my own to get things started though characters that have already been typed by other people can still of course be discussed and typed by another.

INTJ
Kino (Kino’s Journey)
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Million Knives (Trigun)
ENTJ
Arsène Lupin III (Lupin the 3rd)
Harry Macdowell (Gungrave)
Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
INTP
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
L (Death Note)
ENTP
Skuld (Oh My Goddess)
Usopp (One Piece)

INFJ
Guts (Berserk)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
ENFJ
Dewey Novak (Eureka 7)
Lenalee Lee (D. Gray Man)
INFP
Tsukasa (.Hack/Sign)
Clause Valca (Last Exile)
ENFP
Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

ESTJ
Leorio (HunterxHunter)
Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo)
ISTJ
Goemon Ishikawa XIII (Lupin the 3rd)
Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic)
ISFJ
Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime no Ippo)
Youko Nakajima (12 Kingdoms)
ESFJ
Asuka Soryu (Evangelion)
Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)

ISFP
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
ESFP
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Excel Excel (Excel Saga)
ESTP
Killua Zaoldyeck (HunterxHunter)
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
ISTP
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

I love Vash the Stampede!
tumblr_msswrbUOEg1stskk0o1_500-1.png

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know I'd be being hypocritical by saying this, so I'll group everyone by type for an updated list. So far, the consensus on APH:

AXIS:
- Japan: ISxx
- Italy: xxFP
- Germany: xTxx
ALLIES:
- France: Exxx
- England: Ixxx
- China: xxxJ
- Russia: xNxx
- America: ENxP, ENxJ, ExFP

Other Allies, not listed in the main group:
- Canada: INFx

Other characters:
- Sealand: ExFx
- Sweden: Ixxx
- Norway: IxxJ
- Finland: IxFx
- Denmark: ExxP
- Iceland: INxP
- Austria: ISxJ
- Hungary: ExFx
- Liechtenstein: IxFx
- Spain: ExFP
- Lithuania: xxFx
- Ladonia: ENTP
- Estonia: xxTx
- Latvia: IxxJ
- Seychelles: ExFP
- Ukraine: IxFP

Now for my two cents. Feel free to debate and ask questions on a typing: (these are in order according to the lists above)
1. ISFJ, ENFP, INTJ
2. ESFJ, INFJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENFP
3. INFP,
4. ENFJ, ISTP, INTJ, ENFP, ESTJ, INFP, INFP, ENFP (possibly sensor), INFP, ENFP, INFJ, INTJ, ENFP, ENFP, ENFJ, INFJ (hard one)

And those not listed:
- Poland: ESTP (hard)
- Prussia: ESTJ
- Belgium: ISTP
- Netherlands: INFJ
- Australia: ENFP
- New Zealand: INFP
- Korea: INFJ
- South Italy: ENTJ
- Grandpa Rome: ENTP/INTJ
- Germania: INTJ
- Holy Rome: ENFJ
- Cameroon: INFP
- HKSAR: ENTJ
- Taiwan: ENTJ
- Vietnam: INTP
- Belarus: INTJ
- Greece: ENTP
- Turkey: INTJ
- Osaka: ENTP
- Kugelmugel: INTP (IP for sure)
- Molossia: ENTJ
- Hutt River: INTP
- Seborga: INTP
- Wy: ENTJ

I'm bored. Sorry if I post too much. Also, last updated 29 November 2016

Mostly agree.
Let me attempt to narrow them down:
Japan: ISFJ
Italy: ENFP
Germany: ESTJ
France: ESFP
England: INTJ
China: ESFJ?
Russia: ISTP
America: ESTP
Canada: INFP
Austria: ISTJ
Hungary: ESFP
Poland: ENTP
Prussia: ENTJ

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
I think there should be a rule about typing Death Note characters. We've already discussed them to death and it's just annoying by now. Like we should make a post with the most common types with each listed character and maybe add them to the front page or something. That way we don't get that many repeat discussions. ('Cause don't get me wrong, I'm all for discussing, and re-discussing, but people keep bringing up the same points and getting pretty heated about it so I see no point in keeping it the same way.)

Anyway, I'm looking at the anime on my shelf and pretty much all of them have been typed here so I really have nothing to add. Unless you want to have a go at Resurrection Princess or Chobits or something.

And I guess I could add to the discussion on Rosario+Vampire since I'm always curious about that anime.

I have to say I don't remember the last four characters all that well but I would say Kokoa is quite the ESTP. Action-oriented, picky, and a bit temperamental. A dominant sensor, definitely.

Tsukune, yay! Finally someone typed him as ISFJ. I was afraid he'd only get ISFP or INFP. I think he's the pretty average guy and he even says so himself. That's basically his character, anyway. I could see where people are getting the ISFP typing from, though. He's very in the moment and though bothered by the school and its peculiarities, doesn't seem too afraid to accept it. An ISFJ would be a little more scared than that, I think. But I still think ISFJ fits because he's quite the giver, if unintentionally most of the time. I'd say he's ISFx.
I think can agree with Moka as INFP. Outer Moka, that is. She's very sweet, and dreamy, and stubborn. Ne-Fi axis in there somewhere. I always thought that Inner Moka had that domineering thing going on, so it would make sense that she's Te-dom. Though I wouldn't evaluate her by only that, though. That seems a little shallow. And it would make sense for the both of them to be opposite types, since well, they're opposite. But sometimes Moka strikes me as ESTP tbh.

Kurumu I agree with. She's very sensual. But I hope we're not typing on her character here, which is a succubus. They have to be. But she's also very emotional so I don't know. The ESFP stereotype certainly does seem to fit her.

I could agree with Yukari. She's very selfish and manipulative. She almost reminds me of Kaname Kuran. 'Cause he outright states he'll do something and then contradicts it later with all his little additions. Some people have typed her as INFJ before which I don't agree with because they were probably just going off of the fact that she's a genius or a witch. Ni is often mistaken for witchcraft in anime, and even My Little Pony. People will defend to the death that Twilight Sparkle is an INTJ because she shows a degree of foresight and has magic... which is just weird. I think the group dynamic thing Yukari has around her is definitely ENFJ. I do think her childish nature could throw people off, though.

Mizore is typed often as IxFx anything, so I don't know where to go from here. I'd say I do agree with your typing of her because from what I remember she was always goofy and a little wacky, and not in the conventional sense. She's almost like a toned down Haruhi Suzumiya. I think her curiosity and eccentricity could definitely be Ne, and she seems to have Fi because she's always been very opinionated.

But you've got to remember these are harem girls we're talking about, and they're all bound to be opinionated about something. Namely, their man. So that's why I'm like, "why so much Fi?" But also I could see it.

Quite a long post! Well I haven't seen R+V characters typed that much. But how did you find that people typed, for example, Tsukune as ISFP? I thought he was typed as ISFJ more. And to me, he seemed more Si with little to no Se. So either ISFJ or INFP. Also, Yukari typed as INFJ? She's clearly an extrovert, no signs of Ni dominance. And Mizore? I thought people typed her as IxTP, haven't seen anyone else typed her as a feeler. But yeah, where did you find other people typing the R+V characters?

EuropeLover

MBTI Type
€U
K On:
Yui-ENFP (How is she Se Dom? She's quite intuitive and Ne like, not really living in the moment.)
Ritsu-ESTP
Mio-INFP (Fi without a doubt and she seems tertiary Si and inferior Te, so she is more of an F than T. Fi Dom with lots of Si.)
Mugi-INFP (Definite Fi-Ne use.)
Azusa-ISFJ (Si Dom, goes by the book, always, little intuition whatsoever. She has overbearing Fe which seems like Te.)
Higurashi:
Keiichi-ENFJ (Charismatic is his dominant personality trait and he picks up things intuitively. No Si at all, but tertiary Se.)
Rena-INFP
Mion-ESFJ (Sick and tired of seeing her typed as ESTP. She's more Fe than Ti with high Si.)
Shion-INTJ (Again, tired of seeing her typed as an F. She's too cold for an F and her way of thinking is Ni Dom and Te aux. Also, she is Fi since she individualizes others instead of seeing them as groups.)

skimpit

Mostly agree.
Let me attempt to narrow them down:
Japan: ISFJ
Italy: ENFP
Germany: ESTJ
France: ESFP
England: INTJ
China: ESFJ?
Russia: ISTP
America: ESTP
Canada: INFP
Austria: ISTJ
Hungary: ESFP
Poland: ENTP
Prussia: ENTJ

K. I agree mostly with this. I tried more on this typing than others because I was bored and had an unusual amount of energy that day so
A lot of these typings are based on the author's view of the work as well as how they act actually in the manga. I'm tempted to say Japan's INFP because he behaves that way but I have a feeling the author is ISFJ from reading and they are very similar to each other, I actually think he modeled the character after himself and experiences he'd had in America. But ISFJ seems to fit.

I see China typed as sensor often. Tbh I have no idea what type he is. I know he's no Ni dom, he doesn't seem like one. He's been typed by other as ESTJ on a blog I was looking at, which makes sense but I was trying to be original and argue against myself. For now, Si/Ne axis.

Germany's type makes sense too, but again. Original. I was like, this is too obvious. It makes too much sense. And then I was like, I'm probably wrong but you can disagree with me. I definitely think Te/Fi

France I disagree with because I compare him with Seychelles. Seychelles is like a little version of him, but more sensitive. And I mean more sensitive in some kind of intuitive sense, some people type her as ISFP I think (?) so I could see why. I was thinking of subtext and actions when I did this.

America I have no idea about. On the one hand, I'm tempted to agree with ENFP because that's how he wants people to see him and how he wants to see himself, as well as how others actually see him. I could see your argument for ESTP though because he does make some stupid mistakes, though not necessarily one an intuitive would make, I think.

I think you might be onto something with Canada. For him I couldn't decide. But I decide on INFJ by looking at other typings and their arguments, though I'm still torn.

As for Prussia, I think he's more Si than Ni because I can't imagine an intuitive keeping a diary about themselves. It would be just too much effort. He keeps the diaries so he can remind himself of things, which is Si. He wants to relive those memories over and over, and this is pleasant for him. It doesn't hurt. I mainly think this (also) because of Fritz and the little bird he's attached to. Again, side habits.

EuropeLover said:
Quite a long post! Well I haven't seen R+V characters typed that much. But how did you find that people typed, for example, Tsukune as ISFP? I thought he was typed as ISFJ more. And to me, he seemed more Si with little to no Se. So either ISFJ or INFP. Also, Yukari typed as INFJ? She's clearly an extrovert, no signs of Ni dominance. And Mizore? I thought people typed her as IxTP, haven't seen anyone else typed her as a feeler. But yeah, where did you find other people typing the R+V characters?

I combined results from two different forums, summarized the argument in one paragraph, and then decided on the type that each person is. I really can't say about Tsukune, trust me I was torn for him as well. I decided ISFP because he seemed actually pretty goal oriented. Keep in mind I hadn't seen what was past the second season, but I did see glimpses from the comic where he became a ghoul or whatnot, and he actually seemed to enjoy it quite a lot in a way I didn't expect an ISFJ to. But that doesn't mean I won't listen to your argument if you have it. Just provide textual evidence.

I say Yukari INFJ because INFJ are known to be extroverted if they use their thinking function (yes, not feeling). Thinking combined with Fe makes for a more extroverted mindset so I think Ni over Fe because she only seems to make herself talk when she needs to. INFJs tend to use their Fe as a sort of weapon, and I think (not just because she's a genius kid) that she found a way to manipulate her functions well and this is why you get the girl you do.

I see IXTP but also I think people just like to think any white-haired character is like Jack Frost. They all get mistyped (usually) as ISxP. But I don't think that's true. I do see why there are arguments for that though. I just think she's really sensitive inwardly, that's all. She tries to put up a front, but I think her character distracts from her actual tastes. Ti is the cold function, so people mistake it as that. Fi is could, but inwardly warm. It's like hitting a wet blanket, it's soft but when it's wet it ain't that appealing, I guess that's why people like Ti more I guess. IDK

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
As for Prussia, I think he's more Si than Ni because I can't imagine an intuitive keeping a diary about themselves. It would be just too much effort. He keeps the diaries so he can remind himself of things, which is Si. He wants to relive those memories over and over, and this is pleasant for him. It doesn't hurt. I mainly think this (also) because of Fritz and the little bird he's attached to. Again, side habits.

Well, you can't call intuitive or sensor based one habit. Besides, imo Si is not really about past and memory, rather it is about being detail oriented, liking order (to the extent of being very black and white at times), and having a predilection for routines and habits (averse to change). Si types can also be very future oriented in a manner much akin to the infamous Ni tunnel vision, although the object of their vision is usually much more concrete and practical, eg. investing for retirement. Also, it seems that Prussia kept those diaries for the sole purpose of it having a possible use in the future (Te).

Last edited: