Senior Member Array Harold Saxon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    ...Suzaku? NF? What are you all drinking? Suzaku would kill his closest friend for the sake of properly following the rules. He would even end his own life for the rules. He believes that the future will be good if you stick to the rules. SJ to quite a sad extreme. He is not personal in what he does at all. No emotional value towards anyone when it comes to sticking with the rules. He is with the authority no matter how bad the authority is.

Makes him an ISTJ.
    You seem to be focusing on his actions rather than his thoughts, a common mistake. Suzaku disregarded the rules when it suited him (what he did to his father, to use the most blatant example), and his ultimate plan is to change Britannia from the inside.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I must have missed the part where Suzaku made even a single decision because the rules told him to. His thoughts always seemed to conflict with his orders. Again, Suzaku favors gentle means at the risk of an ineffective outcome—an F trait. Personally I don't see how anyone could type him as S.

You seem to be working form a he's loyal-> so he must be an SJ line of reasoning. Other types are capable of staggering loyalty, too, but the motives might be different.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    You seem to be focusing on his actions rather than his thoughts, a common mistake. Suzaku disregarded the rules when it suited him (what he did to his father, to use the most blatant example), and his ultimate plan is to change Britannia from the inside.
    He had no ultimate plan to change britannia from the inside. He just killed his father because his father went against britannia and so he thought everything would be fine if his father was killed. Again, no personal action towards what he did to his father. His thoughts reflect his actions. His mind is so rule focused Lelouche had a lot trouble with him himself. And that time he was supposed to be executed and Lelouche saved him. He did not want to be saved and he still went back. He was ready to die for the sake of those rules.
    His thoughts are always on protecting the rules and punishing those who are against it no matter how close they are to him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

He had no ultimate plan to change britannia from the inside. He just killed his father because his father went against britannia and so he thought everything would be fine if his father was killed. Again, no personal action towards what he did to his father. His thoughts reflect his actions. His mind is so rule focused Lelouche had a lot trouble with him himself. And that time he was supposed to be executed and Lelouche saved him. He did not want to be saved and he still went back. He was ready to die for the sake of those rules.
    His thoughts are always on protecting the rules and punishing those who are against it no matter how close they are to him.
    You were quite clearly not paying any attention whatsoever. The entire basis behind Suzaku's character is to contrast with Lelouch's "the ends justify the means" mentality - Suzaku desires the same ends, using much slower and less efficient (but in his mind more moral) means.

Also, do you really think a Japanese SJ would betray Japan like that with no cause? It was an emotional reaction (F), based on his ideals (N). These are the same ideals that drive him throughout the series, leading to constant disagreements with Britannian higher-ups, him breaking the rules quite a few times, and his ultimately becoming "the ends" rather than "the means." Oh, you forgot the ending too, didn't you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    I must have missed the part where Suzaku made even a single decision because the rules told him to. His thoughts always seemed to conflict with his orders. Again, Suzaku favors subtle means at the risk of an ineffective outcome—an F trait. Personally I don't see how anyone could type him as S.

You seem to be working form a he's loyal-> so he must be an SJ line of reasoning. Other types are capable of staggering loyalty, too, but the motives might be different.
    Tell me how killing yourself for the sake of the rules is an N trait. His actions shows what his thoughts are. His personal thoughts come second after his rule following.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Tell me how killing yourself for the sake of the rules is an N trait. His actions shows what his thoughts are. His personal thoughts come second after his rule following.
    Killing yourself for the sake of your morals, an F trait. He consistently showed that he really does not care much about the rules - he is very morally dogmatic, however.

And no, his actions show what his thoughts lead him to do - his thoughts show his personality. Or are you saying that people who occasionally follow the rules are androids with no thoughts of their own?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Everyone has his breaking point. We are all capable of experiencing enough to no longer want to live. Lelouch also expressed that exact sentiment many times throughout the show. "Rolo, I have nothing left to live for! Why did you save me...?" Does that make him an SJ as well? Do you see? Suzaku didn't want to die because of some silly rule. He simply no longer had the will to live because of what he'd done and been through. He never forgave himself for what he'd done to his father.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunes View Post
    Code Geass:

Lelouch: Either INTP or INTJ. Even though he's quite the contingency planner, he still doesn't quite come off J to me. *shrug*
    XNTJ. Heh, he doesn't come off as any P to me. Has he ever not planned?

Suzaku: I/ENFP.
    Common righteous idealist anime INFJ protagonist.

C.C.: INFJ. Is there really any question?
    I have. Where is her Fe? I see a mass of Ti but how is she a planner? INTP.

Kallen: ESTP.
    SJ = Japanese Pride? Seems very "ordered". ISFJ?

Rolo: he gives me an INTJ vibe, much moreso than Lelouch.
    Does he even think on his own? He's a Feeling machine.

Shirley: ESFP.
    Strikes me more as Introverted. ISFP.

Nina: Damn, is she hard to type. I could go with any INxx, really.
    Revenge, Vengeance, Action based on emotion, Feeling bomb. INFP?

Lloyd: INTP
    A bit too flamboyant...ENTP?

I can't buy INFJ for Suzaku for the simple reason that if you've ever known an INFJ in real life they are vastly more like Lelouch than him. I just can't see him being a J at all.
    Value of discipline?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

You were quite clearly not paying any attention whatsoever. The entire basis behind Suzaku's character is to contrast with Lelouch's "the ends justify the means" mentality - Suzaku desires the same ends, using much slower and less efficient (but in his mind more moral) means.

Also, do you really think a Japanese SJ would betray Japan like that with no cause? It was an emotional reaction (F), based on his ideals (N). These are the same ideals that drive him throughout the series, leading to constant disagreements with Britannian higher-ups, him breaking the rules quite a few times, and his ultimately becoming "the ends" rather than "the means." Oh, you forgot the ending too, didn't you?
    "An emotional reaction based on his ideals" You mean when he wanted the war to stop and the only way he could think of was to kill his father? Indeed it could be an emotional reaction. However, to fulfill his duties he would kill without a sweat. Any normal F would value a person's life more than his duties.
    The ending? What you mean when he when he became allies with lelouch because he became the leader of britannia and when he killed lelouch because thats how lelouch wanted to create peace in the country? Sounds a lot like an STJ trait to kill your closest friend for authority's sake.

Killing yourself for the sake of your morals, an F trait. He consistently showed that he really does not care much about the rules - he is very morally dogmatic, however.

And no, his actions show what his thoughts lead him to do - his thoughts show his personality. Or are you saying that people who occasionally follow the rules are androids with no thoughts of their own?
    No, he consistently showed that if you disobey the rules, you die. Even when saved he still tries to kill his saviour for the sake of authority.
    He has the belief that authority comes before personal matters. And of course his thoughts would be on when things become personal to him in the show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I have no dog in this fight as I don't watch Anime, but...

His actions shows what his thoughts are. His personal thoughts come second after his rule following.
    This must be the most idiotic thing I have ever read. Like, ever. Intuitors, by definition, live inside their heads. Their actions reflect the result of their thought process and may contravene their actual intentions. This is especially true in the case of NJs, whose actions are deliberate steps taken in the direction of achieving some grand master plan, and always bear in mind variables, how the rest of the world will react, etc. An INTJ would know this all too well, which leads me to believe you yourself are not one.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 04-20-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole