User Tag List

Page 18 of 97 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 963

Thread: The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

  1. #171
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Meh, Disagreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bia View Post
    News, news~

    Bakemonogatari:
    Hitagi: INTP Robot*
    Araragi: INFP Hero*
    Nadeko: ISFP Victim*
    Hanekawa: ISFJ Secretary*
    Neko Hanekawa: ESFP
    Mayoi: ExFJ*
    Kanbaru: ESFP*
    Oshino: ENTP Trickster*
    Shinobu: xxxx (ideas?) IxxP*


    Spice and Wolf:
    Horo: ESTP Trickster*
    Lawrence: ENFP with inferior judging*
    and this.

    Has anyone ever typed HunterxHunter characters? I'll give it a shot.

    MBTI:

    Gon: ESFP - clearly
    Killua: ENTP Trickster.
    Kurapica: ISFJ -Revenge and solitude(I/F), Ryodan Pride (SJ). IxFJ's "Spider's" holocaust.
    Leorio: ESTP - I concur.
    Hisoka: ENTP Yet another Trickster.

    Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
    Tsuna - ISFP. weak victim*

    Fullmetal Alchemist:
    Edward: ENFJ - agreed.
    Alphonse: INFP - agreed.
    Mustang: - ENTJ- what? agreed.
    meh..i guess i agreed(MBTI) to everything.

  2. #172
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    119

    Post D.Gray-Man MBTI

    Alright, I'll try to MBTI some D.gray-Man Characters, alternating between Noah Clan and Black Order members. I know I'm bad at type-analysis, but I want this to start somewhere in any event.
    Millenium Earl: ENTJ
    Allen Walker: ISTJ
    Road Kamelot: ISFP
    Yu Kanda: INTJ
    Tykki Mikk: ESTP (Possibly ENTP)
    Bookman: INTJ
    Skinn Boric: ISFP? (Not much of a mind, hard to pin down)
    Lavi: ISFJ
    JasDevi: ESFJ (Supported by him representing 'Bonds')
    Alistair Krory: ENFP (Changed to 'Krory' to avoid confusion)
    (Ran out of Noah Clan Members)
    Miranda Lotto: ENFJ? (I'm not entirely sure. Possibly ENFP)
    Lenalee Lee: INFP
    Once again, most of these are probably inaccurate, given a less-than-accurate grasp of MBTI archetypes, but I still want to see opinions on these.
    Last edited by Invisiblemonkey; 03-20-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added secondary possibility for Tykki Mikk

  3. #173
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Watched about 100+ episodes of it. Didn't like it. Lack of depth/detail/ and too simple system. Was years ago but here's mine. Tell me your reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    Alright, I'll try to MBTI some D.gray-Man Characters, alternating between Noah Clan and Black Order members. I know I'm bad at type-analysis, but I want this to start somewhere in any event.
    Allen Walker: IxFP ..seems like the average hero*
    Yu Kanda: IxTJ for certain. where'd you get the perceiving axis from?*
    Lavi: ESFP playfulness*
    Lenalee Lee: ISFJ - wasn't she bossy?*

  4. #174
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I listed Kanda as an INTJ. As for Lenalee, she seemed more like a 'Slightly-Emo-Bad-Past' type person than a 'Bossy Girlfriend' stereotype. Pertaining to Allen, he seems a bit more of a loner than your average shounen hero, he's lower key, plus he's got the 'Black' part of his personality, though that being used to comedic effect... however, I understand your sentiments about Shounen stereotypes. As for Lavi, I used ISFJ due to 'Introverted Sensing' being the primary function of such an archtype. Not to mention his conflict with the incumbent Bookman makes him shy away from being an ESFP, due to their supposed 'Adherence to Tradition', and given the ISFJ's concern about those close to them and people in general, it seems that while an INTP or INTJ would be suited for a Bookman, that Lavi's being an ISFJ is the source of his conflict in regards to adherence to an 'observer' philosophy. As for Allen as an ISTJ, like I said, I'm bad at typecasting (or whatever you call it) I don't want to put him down as an INFP due to their supposed leaning towards an 'unusual' or 'artsy' philosophy, but I don't think he's quite empathetic enough to be an INFJ. If I were to give him a secondary classification, I'd sooner say INFJ, due to his unusually merciful attitude towards his enemies. (See: Tykki Mikk, Fallen Suman.)
    "Figures, my rival's a jerk, and the chick's a nag" -Ryusei Datte, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. Like I said, I know how you feel about shounen stereotypes.

  5. #175
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    I listed Kanda as an INTJ.
    Why N? He's the IxTJ archetype loner. Traditional(Si) or Visionary(Ni)? Seems like a SJ Guardian.


    As for Lenalee, she seemed more like a 'Slightly-Emo-Bad-Past' type person than a 'Bossy Girlfriend' stereotype.
    I don't remember her well. IxFP maybe but how'd you determine her N/S axis? Was she idealistic or realistic?

    Pertaining to Allen, he seems a bit more of a loner than your average shounen hero, he's lower key, plus he's got the 'Black' part of his personality, though that being used to comedic effect... however, I understand your sentiments about Shounen stereotypes. As for Allen as an ISTJ, like I said, I'm bad at typecasting (or whatever you call it) I don't want to put him down as an INFP due to their supposed leaning towards an 'unusual' or 'artsy' philosophy, but I don't think he's quite empathetic enough to be an INFJ.
    Well. To me he's pretty dominant Fi. Helping people and all that. He doesn't order people much and he's more adaptive to people. IxFP. How sure are you he's an xNxx? How does INFP's have artsy or unusual taste? I think's he's too empathetic actually, same with Lenalee, Lavi is not. YouTube - Allen & Lenalee -2- Ep 75, Yuurisan-sub (notice in the vid how kanda just dismisses that emotion. that's T.)

    1. INtrovert
    2. ?
    3. comfortable with showing Empathy = F
    4. Comfortable with restricted behavior very unlike Kanda. YouTube - D.Gray Man 94-Kanda special


    As for Lavi, I used ISFJ due to 'Introverted Sensing' being the primary function of such an archtype. Not to mention his conflict with the incumbent Bookman makes him shy away from being an ESFP, due to their supposed 'Adherence to Tradition', and given the ISFJ's concern about those close to them and people in general, it seems that while an INTP or INTJ would be suited for a Bookman, that Lavi's being an ISFJ is the source of his conflict in regards to adherence to an 'observer' philosophy.
    Look at this and tell me he's not ESxP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QpS67WU1A You can also see from the vid the clear difference between P and J. Allen just sleeps, Kanda retaliates.

    Also, the girly voice of Allen is really too IxFP.

  6. #176
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Hm... I see your point with a few of those. Like I said, I'm bad with typology because I tend to alternatively look at the whole picture and pieces at different points, which seem to consistently be the wrong ones. As for filling in blanks, (taking into consideration the modified types) Allen: ISFJ. Why S? Simple, he seems to have a practical view of life from his time with Marshall Cross (That, and emotional scarring). As for Lenalee, INFP seems to fit her well... maybe ISFP now that I think about it. Primarily because she seems practical, but is most certainly not a J in retrospect, given her induction-related imprisonment I determined her S/N axis initially due to her idealistic desires (And the fact that I didn't think about it that much), but now that I think about the functions of an ISFP, (Introverted Sensing Primary, Extroverted Feeling Secondary) she seems more like an ISFP. As for Kanda, I'd go with ISTP, because while he does seem to have his own dreams and purposes, he's attempting to achieve them through his membership in the Black Order. As for Lavi, I looked at 'Introvert' versus 'Extrovert' in terms of how much he'd said about himself, as opposed to his social aptitude or desire for social contact. Also, the third video was taken off due to copyright, sorry. Any opinions on the Noah clan members?

  7. #177
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    Allen: ISFJ.
    Why S? Simple, he seems to have a practical view of life from his time with Marshall Cross (That, and emotional scarring).
    Why a Judger? I think he's more supportive than directive. He also seems to value respect and courtesy when dealing with others but when has he told anyone to do something? He seems responsible but that's not exclusive to judgers.

    Why an Introvert?

    As for Kanda, I'd go with ISTP,
    Dreams and purposes seems to fit Ni(introverted intuition) more. Due to the consistent "Get out of my way""Let me handle this alone" attitude he shows, he's most certainly more of a judger.

    because while he does seem to have his own dreams and purposes, he's attempting to achieve them through his membership in the Black Order.
    How is this ISTP?

    As for Lavi, I looked at 'Introvert' versus 'Extrovert' in terms of how much he'd said about himself, as opposed to his social aptitude or desire for social contact.
    The I/E axis is about whether someone gains energy from external forces than or internal. Not talking about himself much is less directed to the self. an extrovert focuses more on others.
    Also, the third video was taken off due to copyright, sorry.
    I'll show you another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7kZ...eature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3WtYVUFlw ESxP. S because of the copyright video where he told some stories about he going this way and that way. I'm guessing ESTP.

    Any opinions on the Noah clan members?
    I don't know them.

  8. #178
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    119

    Default

    The Noah Clan members are the grey-skinned nutjobs who... confused the heck out of me, I'm not even sure if each of them are united in their own philosophy, save for their near-universal misanthropy. Anyway, they're the antagonists of the series so I'd think you'd remember them. If not, try the D.Gray-Man wiki. (Yes, there's an accurate wiki out there for it.) Anyway, I'd say that Kanda is ISTP, due to the fact that (To the best of my knowledge) while ISTPs have a leaning towards things of a technical nature, they're supposedly unemotional, practical and independent. Furthermore, let me rephrase that. I didn't mean 'Dreams' as in, some grand vision for the future or some-such so much as I meant he's willing to work with a system that he doesn't like to achieve his own ends. (I.E. Roy Mustang) Also, doesn't a personality that doesn't like constraints seem to be indicative of a P. Furthermore, he seems to be introverted due to his general dislike of interaction with the rest of the cast, and seems to tolerate it on professional grounds. As for Allen as an ISFJ, his comfort with restraint as a means to purpose, as opposed to restraint alongside purpose seems to indicate J as opposed to P. I understand that he got worked up when he was essentially in exorcist... Physical Therapy?.. After essentially getting killed by Tyki Mikk, but he seemed to be able to adjust to that quickly. And after reviewing the traits associated with each type, I agree with your analysis of Lavi. I forget what makes those types, exactly; However, I remember that I agree. Also, I see a small amount of inconsistency within your analysis. Is this testing me to see how much leeway I give in my opinions?..

  9. #179
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    Also, I see a small amount of inconsistency within your analysis. Is this testing me to see how much leeway I give in my opinions?..
    I think your overthinking (Ti) too much. Your too critical of yourself. Try to let go. view other's criticisms of your logic not as criticisms but suggestions. It's okay to be wrong(Not suggesting your wrong), what's important is to develop. Sorry if I seem critical. I just try to make it more interesting by suggesting my opinions as fact instead of humble opinion. If you're right, you're right. If I'm right, I'm right. Nothing personal.

    On second thought, maybe I was testing you. Care to elaborate on this "inconsistency"?


    Quote Originally Posted by Invisiblemonkey View Post
    The Noah Clan members are the grey-skinned nutjobs who... confused the heck out of me, I'm not even sure if each of them are united in their own philosophy, save for their near-universal misanthropy. Anyway, they're the antagonists of the series so I'd think you'd remember them. If not, try the D.Gray-Man wiki. (Yes, there's an accurate wiki out there for it.)
    I think I'd need to watch the whole show to get a proper idea of who each of them are--that, however, I cannot do. But if you want to make it easier for me, you could list their most dominant qualities.


    Anyway, I'd say that Kanda is ISTP, due to the fact that (To the best of my knowledge) while ISTPs have a leaning towards things of a technical nature, they're supposedly unemotional, practical and independent.
    IxTJ's are also unemotional, practical and independent.

    I don't see any "mechanics" nor "sporty/party SP" with Kanda.

    The differences between SP's, SJ's and NT's are clear. SP's are fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers(Lavi). SJ's are dutiful, work-oriented traditionalists. NT's are knowledge seeking computers. NJ's or Ni's are usually dream-seeking ambitious types. Which is Kanda?

    Also, doesn't a personality that doesn't like constraints seem to be indicative of a P?
    I think it's equal. A perceiver easily adapts but dislikes constraints. A Judger is fixed with decisions but acknowledges rules.

    This is not the case with Kanda however. He as a judger, fixed with his decision to leave and be alone, immediately develops a dislike to surprising constraint. He wasn't as restricted before so his perception of rules were conflicting with the current one.

    Judgers are known for their stubbornness in discussions and their strongly-held opinions is the origins of their retaliations. They're action people and they "Te"(order) you to get out of their way. This is very unlike Allen who (Fi+Xx)"persuades" or asks you to move.


    Furthermore, he seems to be introverted due to his general dislike of interaction with the rest of the cast, and seems to tolerate it on professional grounds.
    I was talking about Allen. How is Allen Introverted?

    As for Allen as an ISFJ, his comfort with restraint as a means to purpose, as opposed to restraint alongside purpose seems to indicate J as opposed to P. I understand that he got worked up when he was essentially in exorcist... Physical Therapy?.. After essentially getting killed by Tyki Mikk, but he seemed to be able to adjust to that quickly.
    Adjusting quickly = adapting. A perceiver trait.

    And after reviewing the traits associated with each type, I agree with your analysis of Lavi.
    Extroverted Types are usually easier to type. They express their perceiving preference, likewise, their judging preference.

  10. #180
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Anyway, the Noah Clan. Millenium Earl, he's really, Really good at manipulating people's emotions in order to get them to call back their loved ones (As Akuma), and generally misanthropic. He's the head of the Noah clan and appears to be decidedly intelligent, more likely than not derived from the thousands of years he's spent alive. (It's been said he doesn't 'reincarnate' that is, his specific Noah's role isn't passed on to someone else, this implies immortality in some way.) He's also responsible for the organization of the vast majority of anti-exorcist factions, and can control EVERY single Akuma from a distance, and see through their eyes if he wants to. Road Kamelot, She appears fairly young, though I can't exactly place her age. She seems to be less misanthropic than the other members of the Noah Clan, as shown through her attraction to Allen Walker, though she isn't above messing with other exorcists and humans in general, implying that this may be an attraction to the 14th. Either way, she definitely isn't as brutal as the others, though she's still messed up. Tyki Mikk, He's kind of bipolar, though generally relaxed in any event. He uses his ability to appear human to live as a human, and doesn't really seem to harbor any personal feelings against humans. He's somewhat manipulative, since he's essentially stringing along everyone he meets as a human. His epithet (Or whatever those titles mean) is 'Pleasure' implying that his 'relaxed' appearance is due to hedonism. Skinn Boric, he's basically a raging beast with a sweet-tooth. He's passionately misanthropic, though he isn't the type that would defy the Earl's orders, most likely out of fear of the Earl. When around the Noah Clan, he's fairly reserved, not doing much aside from eating enough sugar to set off a rocket with Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP, bodily energy. Side note, he reminds me of L when he's quiet.) JasDevi. Also known as Jasdero and David. These two are pretty comical, and act like they're one person, (I'd post a spoiler link here, but I don't know how.) As such, I'm filing them as one. They're the butt-end of virtually all assignments, basically the idiots you need in any group, in spite of their fighting capability. I can't say much about their personality, due to the fact that most of their screen-time is comprised of comic relief. I listed them as 'ESFJ' due to their epithet, 'Bonds'.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official MBTI of Anime Characters Thread =)
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 09:23 AM
  2. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
  3. Your fav anime list!
    By Fluffywolf in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  4. The Anime/Manga Enneagram Types Thread
    By Viridian in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 04:58 PM
  5. Pokemon anime MBTI
    By JFrombaugh in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO