User Tag List

Page 16 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 631

Thread: The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

  1. #151
    Member Array tsumatachi_san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Interesting... I do agree with you actually, Lemonade It makes sense!

    I thought I'd have a go at Hetalia, just to see if it can be done.

    USA - ENFP
    UK - INTJ
    France - ESTP
    Italy (north) - ESFP
    Italy (south) - INTJ
    Russia - ENFJ
    Lithuania - ISTJ
    Canada - INFJ
    Spain - ENFP
    Austria - ISFJ

    All the ones I can remember XD

  2. #152
    Forests Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    SLI Ni
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    My take on some of the Code Geass characters...

    Lelouch Lamperouge - INTJ
    Kururugi Suzaku - INFJ (I fairly doubt the ISTJ - his 'sticking to the rules' is just superficial; to me, he appears to be as skilled a manipulator/visionary as Lelouch is, which points to Ni, but uses opposite methods, which points to Fe. I think the INTJ-INFJ would also fit into the idea of 'contrast' characters (something along the lines of 'so similar, and yet so different'), which they clearly are.)
    Nunnally Lamperouge - INFP (I believe her actions are led by Fi, not Fe; unlike her brother, she's not a manipulator in the slightest, she's a natural 'peaceful-minded' peacemaker, and doesn't interfere until her values are violated; I also believe that the INTJ-INFP pairing feels very 'older sibling-younger sibling'.)
    C.C. - I'd say she's the hardest to type, because she lived and suffered so long it must have had a substantial effect on her personality. Judging from her behaviour in the flashback episodes and a some important moments in her present behaviour, I'd guess she is originally an ENFP. (Even if she does resemble an INTP now, I see it is a manifestation of the saying 'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.' I just don't see the INTP in her 'I want to be loved!' Geass.)
    Cornelia Li Britannia - ESTJ (the ETJ is obvious, but I see her rather as an S than N; she is the conservative one here, more of a 'doer' than a strategist, the archetypal 'iron lady' with hidden warmth inside. I can see her and Nunnally as sort of counterparts.)
    Euphemia Li Britannia - ENFJ (originally I thought ENFP, but after more observation of ENFJ individuals I can definitely see that She also makes a different kind of a counterpart to Nunnally - they have the same goals and passions, but Euphemia is the 'expressive, pronounced' Fe one, while Nunnally is the 'quiet power' Fi one.)
    Schneizel El Britannia - ENTJ
    Anya - INTP (reserved, inconspicous, queer person with very smart questions and observations)
    Gino - ENxP
    Lloyd - ENTP
    Cecile - ISFJ
    Shirley Fenette - ESFJ
    Kallen Stadtfeld - ESTP
    Suzaku is not an INFJ. He's the type where he will kill anyone who gets in the way of what he is loyal to. Not INFJ at all. He is not an Ni user as well. Si. Just Si. He is so loyal he wouldn't mind dying for what he is loyal to. He went back when Lelouch saved him and got the death penalty and was fine to go through with it. Si si si si si. He is not an abstract thinker in any way and does not look underneath what he sees. Even when Lelouch saved him he was still loyal. His methods are simple. Loyalty, loyalty and more loyalty. He would kill Lelouch even when he saved him. No Fe user would do that. Kill their own saviour. That's how it has to work in order for good change to happen according to him. He is also not an Fe user. He, in fact, even fits the stereotype of an ISTJ. I'm not sure how he could be anything else.

    I can agree more with Nunnally. Yes, she could well be an INFP. But I figured INFJ as they have more of a structured sense to them then the INFPs. Basically if she wasn't handicapped I figured she would be more of someone who would clean the house, cook, get things ready etc. She wouldn't be considered P and therefore I conclude she is more of the archetype of IXFJ. But it's harder to tell as she is handicapped. But Fe is more towards creating peaceful surroundings and that is what Nunnally was trying to do. Always trying to create peace between everyone.

    Why are you looking at C.C. in the past? She is a totally different character. You can't type her by looking at what she's like in the past. I can very well make an INTJ character based on INTJs but in the past he was an ESFP. It would be quite illogical to conclude he is an ESFP because of what he was like in the past when I based the character on an INTJ. I'm looking at C.C.s current character and I would conclude with INTP. She is introverted because she is not extraverted. She is intuitive because of her strange philosophical talks to Lelouch and her wandering mind. She is T because she doesn't use Fi or Fe. She is P because she can't be bothered. She seems to use Ti a lot and her Ne is what makes her interested in Lelouch's outcomes.

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Suzaku is not an INFJ. He's the type where he will kill anyone who gets in the way of what he is loyal to. Not INFJ at all. He is not an Ni user as well. Si. Just Si. He is so loyal he wouldn't mind dying for what he is loyal to. He went back when Lelouch saved him and got the death penalty and was fine to go through with it. Si si si si si. He is not an abstract thinker in any way and does not look underneath what he sees. Even when Lelouch saved him he was still loyal. His methods are simple. Loyalty, loyalty and more loyalty. He would kill Lelouch even when he saved him. No Fe user would do that. Kill their own saviour. That's how it has to work in order for good change to happen according to him. He is also not an Fe user. He, in fact, even fits the stereotype of an ISTJ. I'm not sure how he could be anything else.
    In fact, I could agree with this. Since I wrote that post I've already figured he definitely isn't an NF, so I was drifting towards ISTP (which would make a lot more sense considering his wonderful physical abilites, and inferor Fe is possible for him imo), but ISTJ is also a fair possibility. I think he's fairly similar to Syaoran in Tsubasa/Cardcaptor Sakura (his character design seems to have got to his brain), which doesn't help too much though as the TRC one is probably an ISTP and the CCS one is an ISTJ... I have to say I see rather inferior Fe (concern with community) than tertiary Fi (ethics and values) in Suzaku, but I guess it depends on interpretation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki
    I can agree more with Nunnally. Yes, she could well be an INFP. But I figured INFJ as they have more of a structured sense to them then the INFPs. Basically if she wasn't handicapped I figured she would be more of someone who would clean the house, cook, get things ready etc. She wouldn't be considered P and therefore I conclude she is more of the archetype of IXFJ. But it's harder to tell as she is handicapped. But Fe is more towards creating peaceful surroundings and that is what Nunnally was trying to do. Always trying to create peace between everyone.
    I think that Nunally is "trying to create peace between everyone" because she's Enneagram 9w1 rather than a Fe user. In my opinion, she's the quintessential INFP 9w1. I know this is not really an "argument" but I have a very similar character in my novel (maybe he was subconsciously kind of based on Nunnally but also on Alfons Elric from FMA, another prototypical protected Fi-dom younger sibling ); I created him before I knew about MBTI, but I've kind of always known he was there to voice my Fi ideals, to provide a Fi base to a Thinking main character. In my novel there is an INFJ as well, and she is there to discipline the main character. I don't put more weight than necessary to the interaction styles, but there is definitely a huge difference between the "behind the scenes" INFP style and "chart-the-course" INFJ style (compare Nunnally for example to Hitomi in Vision of Escaflowne...) I think that your argument "she would be like this and this if she wasn't handicapped" is not a whole lot better than my "CC would be like this and this if this and this hadn't happened to her" argument, to be honest Perhaps she would be more ISFJ-ish if she was healthy, but every 9w1 is a little ISFJ-ish in my experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki
    Why are you looking at C.C. in the past? She is a totally different character. You can't type her by looking at what she's like in the past. I can very well make an INTJ character based on INTJs but in the past he was an ESFP. It would be quite illogical to conclude he is an ESFP because of what he was like in the past when I based the character on an INTJ. I'm looking at C.C.s current character and I would conclude with INTP. She is introverted because she is not extraverted. She is intuitive because of her strange philosophical talks to Lelouch and her wandering mind. She is T because she doesn't use Fi or Fe. She is P because she can't be bothered. She seems to use Ti a lot and her Ne is what makes her interested in Lelouch's outcomes.
    Well, this is what we seem to disagree about - I do believe that how the characters are presented in the past is important for their whole characteristic. CC's past wasn't shown just arbitrarily; it was there to provide more insight into her, to show her in broader perspective. In my opinion, if you'd create a character who is now an INTJ but he was an ESFP in the past, in wouldn't be a well-written character, because characters should develop but stay consistent. Such a character could very well be an ESFP who became kind of INTJ-ish because of his life experiences, though. That's why I think that CC is still an ENFP, even though she's become extremely cynical and detached throughout the centuries. But even if her past wasn't presented to us, I might have still had the same opinion, because I definitely do see F in her. It's just little nuances, but it's there. Remember the episode with Sword of Akasha? Or the scene in the cave after Lelouch calls her name? It's only nuances but we see she provides emotional support for Lelouch towards the end, she prays and sheds tears for him... She comes across as very feeling at those moments. She also seemed to be very much loved by the Geass people (can't remember details anymore, sorry ^^;; ), etc. And after she loses her memories her feeling side becomes extremely clear - she behaves almost INFP/ISFJ-ish. Overall, I'd say that even though she seems pretty detached most of the time, her essense is that of a feeler.

    Do you know the British series Hex, by chance? In Season 2, Ella's character is very similar to CC's (also a witch, hundreds of centuries years old, full of painful experiences...), and I have the same opinion of her.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  4. #154
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    Interesting... I do agree with you actually, Lemonade It makes sense!

    I thought I'd have a go at Hetalia, just to see if it can be done.

    USA - ENFP
    UK - INTJ
    France - ESTP
    Italy (north) - ESFP
    Italy (south) - INTJ
    Russia - ENFJ
    Lithuania - ISTJ
    Canada - INFJ
    Spain - ENFP
    Austria - ISFJ

    All the ones I can remember XD
    I always thought Lithuania was more of an INFP. My ISTJ friend told me I reminded her a lot of him, and that she related a lot more to Hungary. But I can see ISTJ now that you say it actually... what do you think makes him ISTJ?

    Prussia - ExTP
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post

    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

    Haruhi Suzumiya - ENTP (Initially an INTP)
    Kyon - INFP (I'd love to explain this. I'm guessing some people would ultimately disagree)
    Yuki Nagato - ISTJ
    Mikuru Asahina - ENFJ
    Itsuki Koizumi - INTJ

    Hey, I'd love to hear your reasoning on Kyon. I've been trying to figure his type since the first episode (episode zero).

    I agree though, Haruhi seems to be an NT of some kind. ENTP seems likely. I couldn't see ESTP at all, though.
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain

  6. #156

    Default

    Some of my all-time favourites...


    Vision of Escaflowne (just the best)

    Hitomi - INFJ
    Van - ISFP
    Allen Schezar - ESFJ
    Folken - INTJ
    Zaibach - INTP
    Dilandau - can't be really typed, but I'd guess ENFP
    Merle - ESTP
    Millerna - ESFP
    Dryden - ENTP
    Chid - INFP
    Duke Freid - ESTJ


    Cardcaptor Sakura (sentimental value )

    Sakura - ENFP
    Syaoran - ISTJ
    Tomoyo - INFJ
    Touya - ISTP (maybe...)
    Yukito - ISFJ
    Kero - ExFP
    Clow Reed - I'm still unsure about his type... I'm wavering between an INFP, INTJ or even ENTP. He's the good ol' "wise mentor", but he doesn't meddle at all; he's so kind-hearted, and yet he has this astuteness and freakiness going on... I love his character


    Princess Tutu (great story)

    Ahiru - INFP
    Tutu - strangely, I'd say INFJ
    Fakir - INTJ
    prince - in the last episode, perhaps ENFJ or ESFJ
    Rue - ISFP
    Drosselmeyer - INTP


    Hana Yori Dango (shoujo classic!)

    Tsukushi - ISFP
    Tsukasa - ESTP


    Other random CLAMP ones:

    Tsubasa

    Syaoran no. 1 - ISTP
    Syaoran no. 2 - ISFP
    Sakura - ISFJ
    Fai - INFJ
    Kurogane - ESTP
    Mokona - xSFJ


    xxxHOLiC

    Yuuko - I'd say INTJ - and extremely interesting one at that
    Watanuki - INFP
    Doumeki - whatever type Touya is (ISTP?)
    Himawari-chan - ENFP


    X/1999

    Kamui - INFP
    dark Fuuma - ENTJ
    Kotori - INFP (maybe ISFJ)
    Hinoto - INFx (I see her as an INFP, but maybe she's overall more INFJ)
    Kanoe - ENTJ? ENFJ? definitely NJ...
    Yuzuriha Nekoi - ENFP
    Kusanagi-san - ISFP
    Subaru - INFP
    Seishirou - ENTJ

    I don't remember enough about the rest of the characters, but the Dragons of Heaven are almost all Fs and Dragons of Earth are almost all Ts. Quite a significant divide indeed.



    ... Uhm, yeah, I do like shoujo.
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

    - SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

  7. #157
    Forests Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    SLI Ni
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    In fact, I could agree with this. Since I wrote that post I've already figured he definitely isn't an NF, so I was drifting towards ISTP (which would make a lot more sense considering his wonderful physical abilites, and inferor Fe is possible for him imo), but ISTJ is also a fair possibility. I think he's fairly similar to Syaoran in Tsubasa/Cardcaptor Sakura (his character design seems to have got to his brain), which doesn't help too much though as the TRC one is probably an ISTP and the CCS one is an ISTJ... I have to say I see rather inferior Fe (concern with community) than tertiary Fi (ethics and values) in Suzaku, but I guess it depends on interpretation.
    Yes you're probably right but I would still stick to ISTJ. Suzaku is not necessarily a perceiver and I see too much SiTe to dub him as anything else.


    I think that Nunally is "trying to create peace between everyone" because she's Enneagram 9w1 rather than a Fe user. In my opinion, she's the quintessential INFP 9w1. I know this is not really an "argument" but I have a very similar character in my novel (maybe he was subconsciously kind of based on Nunnally but also on Alfons Elric from FMA, another prototypical protected Fi-dom younger sibling ); I created him before I knew about MBTI, but I've kind of always known he was there to voice my Fi ideals, to provide a Fi base to a Thinking main character. In my novel there is an INFJ as well, and she is there to discipline the main character. I don't put more weight than necessary to the interaction styles, but there is definitely a huge difference between the "behind the scenes" INFP style and "chart-the-course" INFJ style (compare Nunnally for example to Hitomi in Vision of Escaflowne...) I think that your argument "she would be like this and this if she wasn't handicapped" is not a whole lot better than my "CC would be like this and this if this and this hadn't happened to her" argument, to be honest Perhaps she would be more ISFJ-ish if she was healthy, but every 9w1 is a little ISFJ-ish in my experience.
    Makes sense. I can see Nunnally as an INFP. It would have been my second choice but you convinced me that INFP is indeed a more correct profile.

    Well, this is what we seem to disagree about - I do believe that how the characters are presented in the past is important for their whole characteristic. CC's past wasn't shown just arbitrarily; it was there to provide more insight into her, to show her in broader perspective. In my opinion, if you'd create a character who is now an INTJ but he was an ESFP in the past, in wouldn't be a well-written character, because characters should develop but stay consistent. Such a character could very well be an ESFP who became kind of INTJ-ish because of his life experiences, though. That's why I think that CC is still an ENFP, even though she's become extremely cynical and detached throughout the centuries. But even if her past wasn't presented to us, I might have still had the same opinion, because I definitely do see F in her. It's just little nuances, but it's there. Remember the episode with Sword of Akasha? Or the scene in the cave after Lelouch calls her name? It's only nuances but we see she provides emotional support for Lelouch towards the end, she prays and sheds tears for him... She comes across as very feeling at those moments. She also seemed to be very much loved by the Geass people (can't remember details anymore, sorry ^^;; ), etc. And after she loses her memories her feeling side becomes extremely clear - she behaves almost INFP/ISFJ-ish. Overall, I'd say that even though she seems pretty detached most of the time, her essense is that of a feeler.

    Do you know the British series Hex, by chance? In Season 2, Ella's character is very similar to CC's (also a witch, hundreds of centuries years old, full of painful experiences...), and I have the same opinion of her.
    Gah! I see how you are viewing it. But just to say, seeing F in a character does not necessarily make them F. And if I were to look at things from your perspective I would have called C.C. an INFP instead of ENFP. Wanting to be loved by people is also an INFP thing. She wasn't necessarily 'open' in her past as well. But alas, my view of it is that C.C.'s present character is of the psychometric profile of an INTP and therefore I would not dub her as either an INFP or ENFP.

  8. #158
    Forests Array Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    SLI Ni
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annyong View Post
    Hey, I'd love to hear your reasoning on Kyon. I've been trying to figure his type since the first episode (episode zero).

    I agree though, Haruhi seems to be an NT of some kind. ENTP seems likely. I couldn't see ESTP at all, though.
    Kyon is obviously introverted with his lack of interest in people. He makes for a good Ne user with his continuous thoughts on what Haruhi is up to. He's not a T as he is more inclined towards the emotions of others. When Haruhi does something out of his value system he can get annoyed. He is also a perceiver. Always can't be bothered and is forced to do things because of Haruhi. He's always the last one too.

  9. #159
    Member Array tsumatachi_san's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I always thought Lithuania was more of an INFP. My ISTJ friend told me I reminded her a lot of him, and that she related a lot more to Hungary. But I can see ISTJ now that you say it actually... what do you think makes him ISTJ?

    Prussia - ExTP
    Well, I was torn between T and F for some reason XD I was kind of thinking maybe ISFJ. Don't know why really. Could easily be INFP ^^" I found him quite hard to type.

    I also always though of Kyon as an INTP XD

  10. #160
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    Well, I was torn between T and F for some reason XD I was kind of thinking maybe ISFJ. Don't know why really. Could easily be INFP ^^" I found him quite hard to type.

    I also always though of Kyon as an INTP XD
    I agree. He is hard to type. lol I think you're right though; ISFJ is probably the best fit. I think INFP was just wishful thinking on my part.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Similar Threads

  1. Your fav anime list!
    By Fluffywolf in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 01:19 AM
  2. The Anime/Manga Enneagram Types Thread
    By Viridian in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM
  3. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:18 AM
  4. Pokemon anime MBTI
    By JFrombaugh in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 03:40 AM
  5. The Official MBTI of Anime Characters Thread =)
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •