Thread: The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Just so you know almost everything you siad has been discussed earllier in this thread. But just to do a little picking, mellow is not a T nor is he an S, and Ryuk is ENTP.
    I know they were discussed earlier on the thread but some of them were very wrong. I also thought it would be nice if I just throw a list in there.

Mello... yes your right. He thinks ahead. Has very unique traits. Makes him an N. He let his emotions get to him which makes him an F. My apologies. I don't really know much about mello as I can't really remember much about him from the show. (watched the show when it first came out)

However, Ryuk strikes me more as an Introvert. In the shinigami world, he is more of a loner and stays by himself. Does things on his own. Although with light he just hangs arounds him to see what will happen. He has intuitive traits although I'd dub him more as a sensor as he devises situations by what he sees and not really by his thoughts.

Senior Member Array Two Point Two's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    One piece

Luffy: ENFP
    Zoro: ISTP
    Nami: INTP
    Usopp: ENFP
    Sanji: ESTP
    Chopper: ISFP
    Robin: INTJ
    Franky: ENFJ
    What's your reasoning for Luffy as N?

He's kind of difficult because he seems to use Se and Ne, but he seems closer to Se-dominant to me.

Usopp also strikes me as ENTP (but that might just be the association with invention; I'll have to think about it), and Nami as J (not INTJ, though...not sure what).

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Luffy is somewhat the opposite of a down-to-earth people.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Has anyone ever read/seen Soul Eater?

For those who have, I'll give it a go.

Maka: My first guess was ISTJ, but now I'm just gonna say IXXJ
    Soul: ISTP
    Black Star: ESFP
    Tsubaki: ISFP (could be J)
    Kid: ISTJ
    Patty: ESFP
    Liz: IStP
    Stein: INTP
    Chrona: S/he's mentally screwed up, but INXP
    Medusa: INTJ
    Arachne: INTJ
    Giriko: ESTP
    Justin Law: INTX
    Shinigami: ESTJ?
    Death Scythe: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Luffy is somewhat the opposite of a down-to-earth people.
    That's true, but...well, I may very well be wrong, but I don't think of ESFPs as overly down to earth. ENFPs may be less down to earth, but regardless...

My reasoning for thinking S it twofold: firstly, Luffy is all about what he's eating, doing, seeing, experiencing, the people he's around. He seems to favour Se like nothing else. Secondly (and it's a while since I watched it so I migth be remembering selectively), he seems to have a delightfully literal, straightforward aproach to...everything. And everyone. The crazy things he conceives of tend to be crazy things to do more than crazy ideas conceptually. Which all sounds more Se than Ne.

But I'd love to hear counterarguments from anyone.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

DRAGONBALLZ

GOKU ESFP
    GOHAN INFP
    CHICHI ESTJ
    VEGETA ENTJ
    PICCOLO INTJ
    DENDE ISFP
    YAMCHA ENTP?
    BULMA ESFJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Two Point Two View Post
    That's true, but...well, I may very well be wrong, but I don't think of ESFPs as overly down to earth. ENFPs may be less down to earth, but regardless...

My reasoning for thinking S it twofold: firstly, Luffy is all about what he's eating, doing, seeing, experiencing, the people he's around. He seems to favour Se like nothing else. Secondly (and it's a while since I watched it so I migth be remembering selectively), he seems to have a delightfully literal, straightforward aproach to...everything. And everyone. The crazy things he conceives of tend to be crazy things to do more than crazy ideas conceptually. Which all sounds more Se than Ne.

But I'd love to hear counterarguments from anyone.
    Luffy:
    - Gets to the conclusion without going into any details
    - Looks towards the future (I wanna be pirate king)
    - Is fascinated by anything out of the ordinary
    - When he wants something he doesn't look at the details to get it. He just goes and gets it only thinking about the end result.
    - His approaches are NOT straightforward and absolutely not realistic (that's why no one usually approves of his ideas on the ship)
    - He usually sees the big picture and never judges by his senses.
    - He has his own very unique character which is usually a trait of an Intuitive.

That he smiled when his head was about to be chopped of proves he is very intuitive. Also that he likes to experience things does not mean he is a sensor. And all the eating is just a character trait.

About Nami, I find she's very XNTP like. She often shows quite a bit of Ti and she's definitely not a feeler.
    I can see Usopp being a T. Although I'd dub him as an F as he cares a lot for those around him. He just doesn't show it. There's a recent episode I've watched that shows Usopp using ultimate Fi. If you haven't got that far it would be a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    DRAGONBALLZGOKU ESFP
    Goku strikes me more of an ENFP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Luffy:
    Granted.

Granted, but I've never been all that convinced by the future versus present thing. I think atemporally more than I think about the future, and it's certainly false that sensors walk around in a dazed state of the immediate present and the past without the capacity to plan ahead or think about later times. ESFPs are perfectly capable of having long term goals towards which they aim some of their activities, I'm sure.

True, but would this not also be the case for Se? Anything out of the ordinary is an opportunity for new experience, which is actively sought out.

- When he wants something he doesn't look at the details to get it. He just goes and gets it only thinking about the end result.
    True! Very true. And when presented with details that don't look like they'll help him, he ignores them. Point granted.

- His approaches are NOT straightforward and absolutely not realistic (that's why no one usually approves of his ideas on the ship)
    Also true. Although, often his lack of practicality or realistic-ness strikes me as more about wanting to do something because it'd be fun (Se) without much thought to the consequences. I can see Ne and/or Se here.

Actually, I think he does both. There are instances where he does something that can be interpreted as seeing the end result ahead of time (and therefore having reason to believe things will be ok), or as just lucky irresponsibility (things end up ok because, frankly, it'd be grossly against the tone of the series if they didn't).

- He has his own very unique character which is usually a trait of an Intuitive.
    I'd argue that that's a trait of people. Chopper, Zoro and Sanji all have their own unique characters, and you type them as Ss (and I agree). Unless you mean something more specific, like a kind of overt eccentricity?

That he smiled when his head was about to be chopped of proves he is very intuitive. Also that he likes to experience things does not mean he is a sensor. And all the eating is just a character trait.
    It doesn't mean that he's a sensor, but it means he enjoys using Se a lot. If he were ENFP, Se would be expected to be dead last in his order (not that that's something I've ever observed in real life ENFPs; in fact, they tend to be very Ne/Se balanced in my experience).

Of course, if he's ESFP, he uses a lot of Ne, so the point is moot.

One thing that's interesting about Luffy is that he can probably be best described as always seeing things in terms of possibilities (Ne), but possibilities for experience (Se). So he might be a bit of a hybrid, using those two processes together in an idiosyncratic way.

Well, at any rate, I'm happy to concede that I'm not sure he's a sensor.

About Nami, I find she's very XNTP like. She often shows quite a bit of Ti and she's definitely not a feeler.
    Not a feeler, I agree, but I'm wondering if it's Ti we see, or Te. Would you estimate her as using Fi or Fe more? I think TeFi fits.

I also think IJ suits better than IP. If she's extraverting anything, its judging rather than perceiving.

What's your take on ISTJ?

I can see Usopp being a T. Although I'd dub him as an F as he cares a lot for those around him. He just doesn't show it. There's a recent episode I've watched that shows Usopp using ultimate Fi. If you haven't got that far it would be a spoiler.
    Oh, I know he cares. They all care; that's probably the series' primary theme.

I think where you're up to will probably be spoilers for me since I don't know Franky yet.

I don't know how much tertiary Fe influences ENTPs, but if it's anything like tertiary Fi in INTJs, there could be room to argue something there.

Then again, 'childish' Te does rather suit him, doesn't it?

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Luffy:

Goku strikes me more of an ENFP.
    I agree with you. Peoples often forget that ENFPs can be idiot and naive too. By the way, Luffy and Goku always remember me my ENFP young brother, mdr.

My reasoning for thinking S it twofold: firstly, Luffy is all about what he's eating, doing, seeing, experiencing, the people he's around
    It's just a way to "give the life an extra squeeze".

I' agree to say that Nami has a good Ti, but at the contrary, I see Nami as a feeler: she's very caring and concerned with people and harmony in the group, but very directive and able to logicaly control the situation too in a well-balanced Fi/Te relationship. She's also, and above all, an extraverted sensors, she's totally integrated with the surroundig, want to live the life to the fullest, lives in the present, exploting each opportunies in a concrete fashion. I say she's ESFP.

I think Usopp is an ENTJ. Nerdy, practical, hysterical, obssesed by control.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Senior Member Array Valuable_Money's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    BULMA ESFJ
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn