6 15.38%
  • So/Sx

4 10.26%
  • Sp/So or So/Sp

2 5.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    She was also a child and grew up with it. Sorry, but even if your brother is a total ass,
    You say fuck it if you have a mystical realization of yourself as someone who can walk through fire and tame dragons. He had merely human and military ambitions for that throne. Suddenly all of his schemes became too small and petty for her. She gave him a chance if he could share in her vision, and he couldn't. He didn't die just because was being an ass.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You say fuck it if you have a mystical realization of yourself as someone who can walk through fire and tame dragons. He had merely human and military ambitions for that throne. Suddenly all of his schemes became too small and petty for her. She gave him a chance if he could share in her vision, and he couldn't. He didn't die just because was being an ass.
    He was truly the Mad King's son.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life. I don't think thats enough to make someone a type 9.. She isn't a peacekeeper at all. She merely has strong family bonds and values. She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life. I don't think thats enough to make someone a type 9.. She isn't a peacekeeper at all. She merely has strong family bonds and values. She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.
    Oh, I might agree on Enneagram. I haven't thought about it really.

I think a lot of the subtext in his death had a lot to with her ambitions though. There was a lot of symbolism in the death by fire. It wasn't just justice. She let his execution happen out of curiosity too, to see if he'd actually survive. Not necessarily because she knew he'd die and was delivering justice.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Ah, yeah I think his death was well deserved. Just saying that you aren't timid and shy and a helpless unambitious person if you put up with a family member being a total dick your whole life.
    She put up with way too much, but she knew when enough was enough and when justice needed to be done. Her J was entirely in that situation, it had nothing to do with her motivators and ambitions in life.
    Yeah, agree with these pieces.

-----
    As for her being 'cold' and that being a reason for her not being an F, I disagree. I think many F types can easily go 'cold' once they hit the 'enough is enough' stage.

I haven't seen the tv series; just read the books. In the books I view her as being completely focused on the welfare of her 'people', such that that concern occasionally results in poor governing choices and blinds her to some of the harsher realities of governing and decision-making. It guides her decisions - the people element (which is actually something I can't relate to so much...she seems almost too soft-hearted to me at times).
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Instead of ambition, I want to say she used that moment to see her destiny. A morbid curiosity into her own and her brother's destiny. If he died, it would seal the deal who she was/what she would become/etc.. I think "justice" was more of an afterthought. At that point, he was just extra baggage and being treated like a bitch anyways.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    As for her being 'cold' and that being a reason for her not being an F, I disagree. I think many F types can easily go 'cold' once they hit the 'enough is enough' stage.
    She's not cold, though. In the books she presented coldness more as a retreat from a strong emotion or when she knew it is what the situation called for. Many times she would be cold when inside she was burning. Other times she would feel so betrayed or angered that she would shut down, and detach herself quite easily... that's when she would appear cold.
    ( . )( . )

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    She's not cold, though. In the books she presented coldness more as a retreat from a strong emotion or when she knew it is what the situation called for. Many times she would be cold when inside she was burning. Other times she would feel so betrayed or angered that she would shut down, and detach herself quite easily... that's when she would appear cold.
    Agree... I was addressing the poster who viewed her as cold. And yeah, F's (or anyone) can appear cold for all kinds of reasons, even if they may be far from it inside... or too, like I said, they might actually BE detached once they hit a limit or reach a certain limit.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

She was also a child and grew up with it. Sorry, but even if your brother is a total ass,
    an 8 wouldn't. allowing someone to control and abuse them the way Khaleesi does at the start of the story would go against every fiber of the 8 fixation. 8s are VERY slow to let people into their inner circle, even family members, and they're not going to allow themselves to get close to someone who does that to them (they have a hard enough time getting close to people who treat them well)
    PS: a 7 wouldn't either (in fact, with the exception of 3w2, none of the Id types would). that's much more of a 2/9 thing or maybe a phobic 6 or 4
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Agree... I was addressing the poster who viewed her as cold. And yeah, F's (or anyone) can appear cold for all kinds of reasons, even if they may be far from it inside... or too, like I said, they might actually BE detached once they hit a limit or reach a certain limit.
    Yes! To me she seems 100% governed by intuition and emotions. She constantly stresses over what she should do, tactically, but she ends up following instincts, even when they seem irrational.

Edit: I also think this can put her into such confusion about what is right, that she becomes very unsure, and uses the advice of council. But I think each time she doesn't trust herself, she learns and this shapes her into a stronger leader.
    ( . )( . )