Default Mike Tyson & Evander Holyfield

Mike Tyson: ISTP 6w7 Sx/So
    Evander Holyfield: ISTJ 9w8 So/Sx

Ok?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes.

I think Evander is an extrovert (ESTJ), but yeah.. Tyson might as well be an archetype for a 6 counterphobe.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I read somewhere that Tyson was an INFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I read somewhere that Tyson was an INFP.
    Because he's emo? Anyone can have problems. Anyone who isn't full of shit at least.

I think an INFP would be the last to think out of his/her predicaments with violence though. Not because they're gentle or some fluffy stereotype.. but because they have a creative Ne. Tyson has said that he's only now learning to embrace life in new ways, but he used to think violence solved a lot of problems. And he knew he was good at it. So he kept it simple. This isn't Ne. Ne isn't goofy or random, but about generating possibilities.. right? I used to think the same way as him. There's still a part of me that thinks directness is appealing too.. and that's why I won't type as Ne either. Because I know at the end of the day, I'm simple too. I'm not good at generating ideal ways out of things. It's something I make an effort with, but not natural at. And Tyson even moreso.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Because he's emo? Anyone can have problems. Anyone who isn't full of shit at least.

I think an INFP would be the last to think out of his/her predicaments with violence though. Not because they're gentle or some fluffy stereotype.. but because they have a creative Ne. Tyson has said that he's only now learning to embrace life in new ways, but he used to think violence solved a lot of problems. And he knew he was good at it. So he kept it simple. This isn't Ne. Ne isn't goofy or random, but about generating possibilities.. right? I used to think the same way as him. There's still a part of me that thinks directness is appealing too.. and that's why I won't type as Ne either. Because I know at the end of the day, I'm simple too. I'm not good at generating ideal ways out of things. It's something I make an effort with, but not natural at. And Tyson even moreso.
    I have no idea. I thought it was interesting but I don't know enough about him to have an opinion on it. I don't remember the reasoning on why they came to this conclusion but I think it had to do with the INFP/ENTJ (his managers) "machine" that created his career. And when his manager died, that's when his life fell apart? Or something like that. I don't remember the details that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I don't remember the reasoning
    I think the reason behind that typing is an illustration of Ne in itself. Taking the path less traveled.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mike_Tyson

Reading those, I really think INFP is not out of the equation. He's just really messed up..Truly an interesting person at the same time, though. I've heard he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression, if that explains anything...

Some INFPs are really weird in this way, one of them being Kurt Cobain. I'm not exactly saying Kurt was like Tyson, but I can see some similarities.

He's not close. Kurt was a pussy who killed himself and let his daughter grow up without him. Tyson's survived far more bullshit. And he doesn't struggle with suicidal fantasies so much as homicidal. That's relatively happier, in my book. lol. He still goes through things. Instead of sticking a gun in his mouth, he tried to be a good dad.. and what happens.. His 4 year old daughter died not long ago in a freak accident at his home, on an exercise machine. He somehow puts up with it. He's been even more calm and reaching out to people since. Like he's friends again with Holyfield.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Mike Tyson is indeed an ISTP 6w7 SX/SO with probably an 8w7 fix and 3w2 fix