User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

No way is Scully an INTJ. She may be a scientist by profession, but (speaking as an INTJ myself) she would never take seven years to admit to "kind of" believing in the paranormal if she were an INTJ. No, I agree with most people on this board. She's definitely an ISTJ. She's committed to traditional values. She's extremely responsible. She's very judicious and organized. That's why Mulder pisses her off so much sometimes.

As for Mulder, he's an INFJ, usually. For a while, I thought he was an INFP, but he's not that self-loathing. Most people would agree that Mulder's an INXX. As for the F, I think that's rather obvious. Chris Carter and others have admitted that they created Mulder and Scully to be kind of the opposites of society's assumed gender roles. Mulder is emotional (at least to a degree), while Scully is logical. I mean, Mulder graduated in psychology and was a brilliant profiler at the FBI for a while. He's an F who can also be quite logical, but he's clearly an F. He reacts with much more emotion than Scully in the series, whether with anger, frustration, or guilt.

Anyway, INFJ really fits. INFJs dominant attribute is their intuition. Mulder is nicknamed "Spooky" for his wild, but uncannily accurate theories. He can read people very easily. INFJs aren't good with the little details, like paperwork, which is why Mulder needs Scully to help him legitimize his work all the time. INFJs also love working independently and stick to their ideals fiercely. That's definitely Mulder.

Of course, he has some P tendencies at times, but I think he is maybe about 5% more J. He knows where he's going and what he believes, and he usually isn't dissuaded from that. In the series, Mulder and Scully often have an "agree to disagree" attitude about their partnership. Mulder believes he's always right, and so does Scully. That's the whole dynamic of the show: two fairly decisive people who mostly stick to their guns about their beliefs (although I think Scully is often simply in denial...classic).

MBTI
    ENTP

Mulder INFP 5w4

Scully XNTJ 6w5, though I suppose XSTJ is a possibility and she is similar typewise to AD Skinner, who’s probably an ISTJ 6.5

Btw I disagree with typing Mulder as an INTJ or INFJ even though he’s clearly more P than J just because his intuitive functions seem dominent. This attempts to make him fit into a type based on the assumption that everyone uses the 8 Jungian functions in the exact order assigned to their four letter preferences by one theory, which not everyone does in real life. Plus you can argue that Mulder’s primary motivation, his relentless personal quest to uncover The Truth, is most associated with the Fi function.

As for INFP over INTP, consider that overall Mulder is guided more by subjective passion than objective reason.
    Last edited by mysterio; 01-09-2009 at 06:02 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I've read he is an INFP - remember iNfps dont actually like displaying emotional so can come across cold. He definately an INXP

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    It is Mulder's stubborn, near obsessive persistence that made me think J.
    Doesn't take a J to have that. In the case that he's INFP (which I strongly believe he is), that "stubborn, near obsessive persistence" you talk about could be associated to Fi.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't think that Scully is ISTJ. ESTJ or ENTJ fits more. Being rational is Te.
    Mulder seems INFP to me. "Truth" is a value he established for himself. Truth as in "something that supports my beliefs". Not as in actual facts.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Look at the scene where both meet. She might be socially an introvert, but she is a cognitive extrovert. She initiates contact, she steers the conversation. ISTJs tend to converse in a question and answer way. If have several ISTJ friends and while they all show this tendency, one is extrem. "How was your vacation?" "Fine". ANd that was it for her, the topic was closed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w4

Sense high Ne for Mulder, and his interests suggest INFP. Not sure of scully.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Mulder is definitely an INFP probably a 5. He's clearly driven by an inner code that values truth. He's also an INFP playing a high stakes game that forces him to focus and be driven. Something some may find they don't associate with the type.

Scully?
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

Watched the whole series and the new one as well.

Mulder: INFP
    Scully: ISTJ

They're both clearl introverts that they share in common. Just opposite in everything else