User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    So, as she admits it herself, her natural preference goes for putting things over people, instead of putting people over things. Which means that Meryl S is a Thinker, not a Feeler.
    No, that quote just means that she's good at manipulating and/or convincing people, which anybody can do, feeler or thinker.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    No, that quote just means that she's good at manipulating and/or convincing people, which anybody can do, feeler or thinker.
    She doesn't simply say that she's good at manipulating people (and ESTP are the best at doing this anyway), she also says that she has no problem putting things over on people, which is the proof that she is a Thinker. A Feeler, an INFJ for exemple would place her success mainly on a sense of ethic. See the difference with a true NFJ like Emma Stone, for example. Putting things over on people, is a difficult thing for a Feeler, not something done spontaneously and naturally, but for an ESTP like Meryl S, it's easy, and she spontaneously and naturally do it.

Sorry, I know INFJ like the idea of Meryl Streep being an INFJ, because it's very flattering for their ego, but it's not the case.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well I would argue that ENFJs are just as skilled with "putting things over on people", and they are Fe-dominant and -- as that site you linked to mentions -- are charming and compelling communicators.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Well I would argue that ENFJs are just as skilled with "putting things over on people", and they are Fe-dominant and -- as that site you linked to mentions -- are charming and compelling communicators.
    Reading the article on the blog, you will also see that ENFJs value people for what they are, while ESTPs value people for how useful they are, which is what Meryl S does.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The majority, not everyone, and that just means that the majority is wrong. Back in the days the majority thought that the Earth was plate, and the majority of the german voted for Hitler, just because the majority think something doesn't mean that that thing is right.

Let's take this part by part. In the MBTI, a Feeler is someone who put people over things, while a Thinker is someone who place things over people.

Here is what Meryl S says about this:

So, as she admits it herself, her natural preference goes for putting things over people, instead of putting people over things. Which means that Meryl S is a Thinker, not a Feeler.

So, if she is not a Feeler, she's not an INFJ, is she an INTJ, perhaps?

Perhaps, but actually, it doesn't work, because, as people who type her as an INFJ points it, she is an Fe user, not an Fi user, and even if their final typing is wrong, they are right about this. So if she's not an INTJ, she could be the Fe user and thinker counterpart, an INTP, maybe. But it doesn't work either, because we couyld hardly imagine an Fe-repressor, especially an INTP displaying such a smooth, sophisticaded Fe so easily, and this at every stage of her life, young or old. So, if she is not an Fe inferior, a tertiary Fe makes much more sense.

So, she is ESTP or ENTP. But she leans more on ESTP, because she never shows any difficulties to think and act in a concrete way, while she sometimes shows dificulties to think in the abstract or the symbolic. And she has also this in-charge interaction style, she is an Alpha Female, working the crowds with facility and grace, with a strong protocolar aura and an entrepreunarial, smooth operator style. Therefore she is ESTP, and by any means, she is certainly an EP, she is exuberant and fun, outgoing and versatile, and very engaging and open-minded.

So, she is ESTP, not INFJ. People identify her functions, but put them backwards.

Also, not everyone is stupid enough to type her as an INFJ, here is an in-depth article which thoroughly explains why she is an ESTP:http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...treep-is-estp/
    How is Se her dom function?
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    How is Se her dom function?
    She is active, practical, concrete, spontaneous and live in the moment.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

No. Some types are clearly better rhan others at manipulating people, and the ESTP type is among the best.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I'd call it more like sheer controlling. Manipulating, to me, is more what a dom Fe does....

And when the ESTP cannot control you, they can get pissy.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Fe is usually a lot better at manipulating than Se.
    I really like cats and food.

SingSmileShine

WOW. This is awesome. Apparently I'm almost exactly Bill Clinton except for the S vs. N.