User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    INFJ

Default Pre-Scratch Homestuck trolls & kids personality types?

What types do you think they are? So far, I think Rose is an INTJ, Dave is ESFP, Vriska is a pretty solid contender for ENTJ, and Karkat is an ESTJ

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Hmm...not sure!

I think Vriska is more of a Perceiver than a Judger. I think Vriska is an ENTP and that Terezi is an ENTJ (based off of the odd hair-brained ideas and impulses of the former, and the insights and seer-abilities of the latter).

I think Dave is more introverted, probably an ISTP (just based off of his demeanor, although that might actually be more of his brother). Maybe INTP, I dunno.

Rose is definitely an INTJ in my eyes, due to her insights and the means with which she executes them (actions guided and determined by objective results).

Jade and John seem like ENFP and IxFP respectively; I can't quite tell if John is an N or an S though, at least off the top of my head. The reason I think Jade is an Extravert is because she seems to be, iirc, more concerned with absorbing things rather than reflecting upon them (but my memory could be at fault there).

As for the Trolls (other than the ones I've just mentioned), I'm going to suggest this:

Karkat: Not sure here. I'm thinking ESTJ like you are, because he has this constant desire to want to have control over the situation, and seems to be greatly exasperated by all the nonsensical shenanigans of the other trolls.

Kanaya: I'm thinking probably INFJ, maybe ISFJ. Many people type her as the latter, or they type her as a Thinker, but the reason I'm thinking INFJ is the somewhat aloof and detached way she views reality (which is common in Ni-doms), yet the value she places upon the needs and overall mood of the 'group' as a whole (Aux Fe). Also, the nature of her eclectic interests seem to be symptomatic of an Inferior Se; we're often very drawn in by details and the various 'finer' things in like without being aware of it.

Eridan: Reeeeally not sure here. I was thinking INTJ?

Sollux: I'm thinking ISTP; I used to think INTP, but I realized he's a little too concerned with the present and current circumstances to have Aux Ne. He definitely seems to have Dom Ti, though.

Feferi: I think ISFP; I know it seems strange for me to type her as an introvert, but there seems to be a greater degree of Introverted Feeling involved in my eyes, and her Extraverted Sensing seems secondary (with Tert Ni, especially seen in her rationale for 'breaking up' with Eridan as moirails).

Nepeta: I...have no clue here. She seems like she might be Dom Ne, so ENFP? *hides*

Gamzee: O_O No. Just no. ESFP?

Equuis: Hrm...ISTJ?

Aradia: I'm...not sure about her. She never really interested me as a character, oddly enough, so Ima let other people tackle this one.

Tavros: INFP. I'm pretty sure about this one.

(Just to throw these out there for other stuff: SPOILER ALERT)

Aranea: ENFJ
    Meenah: ESTP
    uranianUmbra: ENFP?
    undyingUmbrage: ENTJ?

Roxy: ESFx?
    Dirk: IxTP?
    Jane: ISFJ?
    Jake: INxP?

MBTI
    INFJ

Nepeta = type MEOW

Gamzee = type HONK

:P

Edit: Aradia = type DEAD

MBTI
    IsFJ

I agree with most of your typings, @Ribonuke, although I'd peg Jake and Nepeta as ESFP and Vriska as ESTP.

I actually made a thread about the HS characters before... Think we could merge 'em?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Pre-Scratch Kids

John: IXFP
    Dave: IXXP
    Rose: INTJ
    Jade: See cross-post below

Post-Scratch Trolls

Karkat: I always thought of him as an ENTP, but I think ESTJ sounds fitting, now that I've heard you guys mention it.
    Aradia: IXFJ?
    Tavros: INFP (I actually don't know, but I'll agree with Ribonuke)
    Sollux: ISTP - initially thought he was an INTP, too.
    Nepeta: ESFP (Going with Viridian here - it's a nice contrast to Equius' ISTJ)
    Kanaya: UHH... ISFJ?
    Terezi: ENTJ
    Vriska: EXTP
    Equius: ISTJ
    Gamzee: Uh, XSXP?
    Eridan: Er...IXXX? I was thinking INFP
    Feferi: Asktheheiress tumblr (which characterizes her as very strong-willed, warm, and nurturing) has convinced me that she's some kind of EXFJ

Cross-posted from the MSPA Forums (warning: GREAT WALLS OF TEXT [But you should still read it. It's very insightful.])

In line with my earlier musings, I'm going to continue analyzing Jade here, because quite frankly, I find her a highly interesting and complex character, who's often underappreciated amongst the fandom.

Jade has always been a somewhat inaccessible character, she doesn't nearly have the storyline focus the other character have and she only entered the game during Act 5 Act 2.
    Given that generally, their entry is when a character's arc really starts moving, her character arc took a long time to reach the point where she would really be confronted with her flaws and insecurities, giving us the appearance of her as a character who isn't as interesting as the others.

Jade is a very complex character.
    On one hand, she is strong-willed and brave; on the other hand she is emotionally vulnerable.
    On one hand, she can be gentle and kind to people she cares for, on the other hand she can be hostile and cold to those she does not.
    On one hand, she is self-reliant and capable; on the other hand she needs the support from her friends to keep herself together.
    On one hand, she is smart and great at understanding things and people; on the other hand, she is bad at understanding herself.

As with most characters, Jade generally gets generalized into just a few character traits, either she's weak and helpless girl who needs someone to come save her, or she's the always happy and cheerful girl, who has absolutely no problems whatsoever.
    Jade is far more than that, however. She is strong and capable, smart and wise, gentle and reassuring.
    But she is also incredibly messed up. She's not okay; she has her own insecurities, her own fears, her own vulnerabilities.
    It's all a part of her character, she is complex and multilayered and I will attempt to explain some of her character here.

(continued)
    [Five posts from the bottom]

THAT BEING SAID, I think Jade's some kind of IXFJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I'll have a go

Pre-Scratch Kids

John: IXFP
    Dave: ISTP
    Jade: xNxP

Post-Scratch Trolls

Karkat: ExTJ, probably S
    Aradia: INFJ
    Tavros: INFP (could be S)
    Sollux: IxTP
    Nepeta: ESFP
    Kanaya: ISFJ
    Terezi: ENTJ
    Vriska: ENTP
    Gamzee: xSFx
    Eridan: INxP (more likely F than T)
    Feferi: Probably ESFJ, but not sure.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

My thinking:

Pre-Scratch Kids

John: ISFP
    Dave: ISTP
    Jade: ENFP

Post-Scratch Trolls

Karkat: ESTJ
    Tavros: IxFP
    Sollux: INTP
    Kanaya: ISFJ
    Terezi: ExTP
    Equius: ISTx
    Gamzee: ESTP
    Eridan: ISTx
    Feferi: ESFJ
    The indoors, oh God the indoors!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI

I definitely agree with your typing for Aranea and Meenah. I think Calliope could be INFP, but ENTJ for Caliborn sounds about right.
    I can see your point with Fef, but it almost seems like she was supposed to be the extrovert to Eridan's introvert.
    As for the Alpha kids... I think Roxy could be ENFP or ESFP. She's very eager to help her friends, sometimes to the point of ignoring her own problems.
    Dirk tends to stick to a plan, I think Ti-dom isn't really fitting. I'd say INTJ.
    ISFJ seems about right for Jane.
    Jake... I think he's an SP of some sort, what with his love for adventure and impulsiveness (remember when he attacked Meenah because she was the Condesce?) Perhaps ESFP, although he seems a little out-of-tune wth others' feelings.
    Also, I think that Terezi could be either an ENTJ or ENTP. She's most likely intuitive, as she is a Seer. I think she may be a perceiving type- she was okay with letting Karkat be the leader instead of her (which is also why I'm pretty sure that Sollux is a perceiver).
    i dont know what to write in this signature because i could just write "this is a signature" but i bet that would look a lot dumber than i think it will and i could write my typological statistics but everyone does that and i want to be unique so im just going to make this my signature even though i bet it seems really stupid

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Might as well take a crack at it!

Beta Kids

John: ISFP
    Dave: INTP
    Jade: ENFP

Post-Scratch Trolls

Karkat: INFP (It seems strange, but from what I understand it's pretty common for INFPs under stress to construct an ESTJ "business suit", relying on their inferior Te. Karkat's bossy nature just doesn't seem through-and-through to me.)
    Tavros: INFP
    Sollux: INTP
    Kanaya: IXFJ
    Terezi: EXTP
    Gamzee: ESTP
    Eridan: ISTP
    Feferi: ENFJ

Alpha Kids