• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unhealthy INFJ (Ni-Ti loop) characters?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it possible to identify INFJ (or ISTP) characters that may be trapped in a Ni-Ti loop? If so, what examples are there out there?

Would an INFJ trapped in a Ni-Ti loop look considerably different than their more well-balanced counterpart?

I'm going to present this as a possibility: Gallia (played by Olga Kurylenko) from the Assassin Next Door.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zvSDVhViU...he_assassin_next_door_2009_1024x768_50914.jpg

It's hard for me to tell whether or not she's an ISTP or an INFJ (but for some reason, I have difficult telling those two apart in media, especially since I relate to characters trapped in NiTi loops more than those of pure one type or another). She's very reserved and has seemingly resigned herself to being a pawn in the Russian mafia. Despite this, however, she seems to have (what I believe is) a pretty strong Fe lurking about. For instance, she seems to be very concerned about the abusive relationship her neighbor is in, to the point where she starts following her around and trying to help her out. Gallia also lends that same neighbor one of her cooking books, despite them being nearly complete strangers and the emotional distance she seems to consistently maintain between herself and her neighbor. She also seems especially upset when her mafia superiors ask her to kill someone, to which she reacts by (if I remember rightly, it's as soon as she lays her eyes on who she's supposed to kill) running into the bathroom and throwing up. Also, she seems to be fraught by consistent Ni-based visions and metaphorical reveries.

That's all I can think of so far, but this is just an example of what I'm thinking of when I think of a Ni-Ti loop character. Any others to add?

velvetoveralls

MBTI Type
INFJ
A character that comes to mind is Effy Stonem from Skins, a severely unhealthy INFJ who often appears with an ESTP shadow.

I don't know The Assassin Next Door, but from what you described, it does sound like Gallia could be an INFJ.

My father is an ISTP and I'm an INFJ, so it's pretty easy for me to tell the difference between the two. INFJs worry a lot more and are very sensitive to conflict. They are also very independent. ISTPs are far less forgiving and far less sensitive, sometimes insensitive (to me, at least), and ISTPs are much more grounded in reality in terms of what is and what is not possible. INFJs are very gullible and want to believe in everything, and so often, they do. ISTPs are also much less emotional than INFJs. And INFJs are much further inside themselves than ISTPs are. INFJs are rarely at peace with themselves, and I've found them to be more open-minded and paranoid than ISTPs, too. I've also found that INFJs question everything, whereas ISTPs are more likely to simply accept things the way they are.

I hope that helps.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Charles Manson
Root from person of interest
Frieza from dbz

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Akiza from Yugioh 5d's struck me as one.

Kaiba222Yu-Gi-Oh5DsEpisode16_PIC331.jpg~c200

latest

Frieza is sure as heck not an infj, more like an entj

487473million

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w4
I believe Satoru is an INFJ and Yashiro is an (unhealthy) INFJ. They're from Erased.