User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP

Default Prophet Muhammad

I am curious as to why everyone types him as ENTJ. Also the website celebritytypes types him as this and also puts up some quotes with a negative slant towards Islam (basically saying it is founded on violence). Why did they have to use the site to air their own bigoted views? Couldn't they just shut up and type the person?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hmm, well Mohammed would be some kind of Gods diplomat. And if you need a diplomat you should take an enfp. (of course I am not thinking big-breasted and blonde that could create the false impression )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

hmm... leadery..... people oriented.... high energy.... wordly... yet... idealist perhaps? uh, enfj? I don't know.. all these prophets seem so other worldly perfection to me so... perhaps they don't have types.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ISFP

I always thought he was an introvert. I mean he did spend alot of time hiding away in a cave by himself in his youth. He did seem to take on that role later in his life though.

Another thing that is little known about Muhammad was that he was a shrewd business man / merchant before he became the Prophet. He is also claimed to be illiterate, but one can't be a successful merchant without a natural ability with numbers/organization/planning [which is probably where the Te is being highlighted].

Honestly, I actually see more sensor-ish qualities in Prophets. A lot of people simply see the word prophecy and assume intuitiveness, forgetting that Si-Ne works much the same way as Ni ---- In fact, in many Prophet's cases, lessons from the past, forming traditions and following them rigidly is the most common theme [Si].

Assuming that they get their intuitive insights from somewhere else [as they themselves claim], then they are only vessels of that message, not creators. Even if a Prophet is the one "creating" all the "rules" - then they are employing Si-Ne imo as opposed to Ni.

IMO, Muhammad was an ESTJ --- but this is always an interesting debate nonetheless :P

MBTI
    ISFP

I could see him being an SJ easily. He was not an NF who came up with the visions himself but was passing them on and trying to make them into traditions. I think he is a T as he was about justice and doing what is right to the letter of the law, but he also has the compassion of an F.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I could see him being an SJ easily. He was not an NF who came up with the visions himself but was passing them on and trying to make them into traditions. I think he is a T as he was about justice and doing what is right to the letter of the law, but he also has the compassion of an F.
    Yeah --- There was also the label of Military Strategist given to Muhammad during the early advent of Islam where he become probably the only Prophet to fully participate in all out battles with loss of life, war booty and colonization.

Then there were his raiding campaigns on the Quraish for resource gathering. There was a great emphasis on financial strategy and development during the early parts of Islam much of which was spear-headed by Muhammad and Abu Bakr. His approach to spreading the religion, controlling it, manage existing resources and finding new sources was very stereotypically Te for me.

He managed his people much like a true technical leader [as opposed to emotional leader] would. Compared to Moses and Jesus - who were willing to sacrifice themselves, Muhammad was ready to sacrifice his people in wars. One of the first revelations in Islam was "Fight with those who fight with you." - with a call for mercy being preferential attached to it. Eye for an eye justice with tinge of mercy would be rarely seen from ENFJ types.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I am curious as to why everyone types him as ENTJ
    Mahomet's philosophy and deeds is closer to ENFJ. And there is no one who is typed to same type by everyone.

negative slant towards Islam (basically saying it is founded on violence)
    Christian church did violence not less

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I'm doing a presentation about MBTI and I need a really famous ESTJ. Celebritytypes has Muhammad listed as ESTJ and the quotes seem to fit a STJ view of the world.

Muhammad: "It should be forbidden to be undutiful."
    Muhammad: "You must be truthful. Truthfulness leads to dutifulness and dutifulness leads to Paradise."
    Muhammad: "Philosophy is a stray camel to the faithful. Reign it in wherever you come across it."

Although I do not agree with the above the following sounds pretty cool for 600 AD.

Prophet Muhammad - “The rights of women are sacred. See that women are maintained in the rights assigned to them.”
    Prophet Muhammad - “God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts.”

To me he can be any ExxJ type.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Personality systems like MBTI, is based on four ratios, each is between two facotrs.
    Extrovert <<< percentage%>>> Introvert
    And so on..

Now Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was moderate in everything, the mean value, the golden ratio.
    Simply perfect example of a human.
    So I think he doesn't belong into a certain type, and I'm assuming because he was moderate otherwise it's very normal for him to belong into a type, he was not a super human, but he was the top human because of his characteristics, exactly the golden mean.

This is what I think, but again even if he belonged to a type, he was the type of a man, although he was a king and ruled by the noble book of Quran, you'd bot recognize him when he was sitting plainly with a group of men.
    He wore no crown, sat on no throne, even before prophecy he was known for his -litrally- good manners.

The key for being best, is, the perfect, simple, moderate measure.
    Is what I believe after I realised the prophet always picked the easiest choice when he was given.

Summery:
    He was not that introvert, "he was closed to his fellow muslims than their own selves"
    Not even that extrovert, he used to go to a cave just to think, all alone, before gettig the prophecy.
    wasn't just a thinker he was merciful.
    And I fon't think he was a sesnor more than an intutive, or a judging more than perceiver.
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.