• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grey's Anatomy characters

am_i_evil666

So...what are your opinions regarding those?
I'd say....
Meredith - INFP
Izzie - ENFP
Bailey - ESFJ
Derek - INFJ
Callie - ESFP
Mark Sloan - ESTP/ENTJ though more like ESTP
Christina - INTP
George - ISFP/ISFJ
Dr. Hahn - ESTP

What are your thoughts?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Meredith - INFP, maybe
Izzie - ESFJ, maybe ESFP
Bailey - ESTJ, though I'm not solid on that because she does have the kind of mama-bear thing going on.
Derek - my impulse was ENFJ. He does have introverted tendencies for sure, though
Callie - ESFP
Mark Sloan - ESTP
Christina - INTJ, all day long
George - ISFP - I go with ISFP instead of ISFJ because he's got that kind of hapless thing going on
Dr. Hahn - INTJ
Preston Burke - INFJ, all day long
Richard - ENFP?
Alex - ISTP

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Meredith - INTP - I'd say T because I think she has a lot of F but she makes her final decision rationally - hence the T

Christina - INTJ

Izzie - ENFP - I'm with you all the way

Bailey - ESFJ

Derek - INFJ
Mark Sloan - ESTP
Lexi - INTP
Sadie - ESTP
Callie - ESFP
Alex Kareve INTJ
George - ISFP
Richard Webber - ENTJ

Dr. Hahn - ENTP

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Where do you get ENFP for Izzie? She is so ridiculously controlled by her Fi. I'd definitely go with INFP for her.

Also, I think Kareve is ESTJ. He's all about just doing whatever it takes to move ahead, he doesn't give a shit about the people around him, but he still never really challenges convention. He's very by-the-book, and he's also just too much of a bastard to be anything but an ESTJ.

And ENTP for Hahn? Wha?? She is crazy INTJ just like Christina. That's why they budded heads so much.

I'd call Lexi an ISFJ. That ultra-photographic memory and that desire to be nice to people. That's kind of clear ISFJ to me.

I agree wtih George as ISFP, Callie as ESFP, Bailey as ESFJ, and Webber as ENTJ though.

Derek I can see more as ENFJ than INFJ. He is really good at getting people to come together.

No idea on Meredith. She is fucked-up something though.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Where do you get ENFP for Izzie? She is so ridiculously controlled by her Fi. I'd definitely go with INFP for her.

Also, I think Kareve is ESTJ. He's all about just doing whatever it takes to move ahead, he doesn't give a shit about the people around him, but he still never really challenges convention. He's very by-the-book, and he's also just too much of a bastard to be anything but an ESTJ.

And ENTP for Hahn? Wha?? She is crazy INTJ just like Christina. That's why they budded heads so much.

I'd call Lexi an ISFJ. That ultra-photographic memory and that desire to be nice to people. That's kind of clear ISFJ to me.

I agree wtih George as ISFP, Callie as ESFP, Bailey as ESFJ, and Webber as ENTJ though.

Derek I can see more as ENFJ than INFJ. He is really good at getting people to come together.

No idea on Meredith. She is fucked-up something though.

Izzy as an I - NO-W, but now you mention it, is she an N - she is very calm for an NFP..... she isn't flakey enough.....

Kareve - I'd go to ENTJ cos he is totally spot on, but I do think he is an I... he just does - no discussion sees his solution and goes for it... devil may care.... this is how he got the first solo survgery... sold the compotence.

LOL @ Meredith, I think she is a T but has a lot of F so aches over the F when she makes the T type decisions, I do that but I'm no wher enear as flakey as her....

Actually what about Alley Mcbeal....?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Her Fi is off the fucking charts. She gets pissed off at anyone or anything whenever they do something that goes against her arbitrary emotional morals. And she has a cute little Ne thing going on when she's not whining about somebody pissing her off. She had hallucinations of Denny and thought she was actually seeing a ghost for pete's sake. And she rescued a deer just because she found its innocence appealing, when she should have been inside saving people. Where do you guys see Fe and Si? Izzy is a bitch is the purest of forms, and Fe dominance doesn't make for very good bitches.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh please...

There is not a thought in the girls head that isn't communicated in oober drive... hence defo an E....

She is simply not frentic enough to be an ENFP - at a very wide push I may go with ENFJ....

As for S type she is oober big on the whole traditional stuff, the white wedding, all the fripperies....keeping in with mothers in law, keeping Meredith within the relms of normal when she wants to floop out at being an NT and not girlie enough.....

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh please...

There is not a thought in the girls head that isn't communicated in oober drive... hence defo an E....

INFPs can be somewhat gregarious and "in overdrive" too, ya know. That "I" doesn't always imply an awkward little turtle afraid to come out of its shell.

She is simply not frentic enough to be an ENFP - at a very wide push I may go with ENFJ....

I agree; I don't see ENFP in her at all. I'm voting INFP silly...

As for S type she is oober big on the whole traditional stuff, the white wedding, all the fripperies....keeping in with mothers in law, keeping Meredith within the relms of normal when she wants to floop out at being an NT and not girlie enough....

That would be the INFP's tertiary Si kicking in. She certainly doesn't use tradition to motivate her every action though. She goes against the grain all the damn time. She pulled that shit with Denny to get him a new heart. A strong Si user would never do something so far-fetched and against the rules. That kind of impulsiveness is typical of emotional INFPs.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Her Fi is off the fucking charts. She gets pissed off at anyone or anything whenever they do something that goes against her arbitrary emotional morals.

If this is Fi why is it expressed outwardly so often?

And she has a cute little Ne thing going on when she's not whining about somebody pissing her off.

Yup tertiary Ne.

She had hallucinations of Denny and thought she was actually seeing a ghost for pete's sake.

Type related?

Where do you guys see Fe and Si? Izzy is a bitch is the purest of forms, and Fe dominance doesn't make for very good bitches.

They're still EJs, EJs can be bitches with the best of them.

Usehername

On a mission
I should point out that so far as I have seen the show, my Fi is tertiary (but strong) and while I'm not quite as intense as Izzy I identify with that need to express Fi at the expense of what would be interpersonally more smooth. So She doesn't need to be Fi primary to be intense Fi.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL I know what you are voiting for, I'm just not agreeing she an INFP

And I need a whole new definition of a bitch because I dont' see her as a bitch at all. - scratch my head....

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I should point out that so far as I have seen the show, my Fi is tertiary (but strong) and while I'm not quite as intense as Izzy I identify with that need to express Fi at the expense of what would be interpersonally more smooth. So She doesn't need to be Fi primary to be intense Fi.

Fair, but ESFJs don't really use Fi according to function theory. I mean arguing ENFP and INFP is kind of trivial, honestly. She probably is more ENFP in some episodes and more INFP in others. The 2 types have the same kinds of thought processes too often to really distinguish between them when viewing a character on a TV show.

However, the whole ESFJ bullshit is just not very convincing. Fe doms are concerned with being courteous, fair, welcoming, hospitable, and keeping the community in some kind of harmony. I don't recall seeing this kind of drive in Izzy at all. She is always just so concerned with her own arbitrary morality and making sure it's not violated by other people.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
LOL I know what you are voiting for, I'm just not agreeing she an INFP

And I need a whole new definition of a bitch because I dont' see her as a bitch at all. - scratch my head....

Lol I use that term kind of loosely, sorry. I don't mean that she's aggressive and snappy and cruel (the normal connotation of bitch). I just meant that she is overly emotional, kind of whiny on a regular basis, and oftentimes very irrational.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol I use that term kind of loosely, sorry. I don't mean that she's aggressive and snappy and cruel (the normal connotation of bitch). I just meant that she is overly emotional, kind of whiny on a regular basis, and oftentimes very irrational.

I was gonna say, hmm Christina a bit of a bitch, Izzy not so much... :D

over emotional yes, - so she is an F type :D

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Where do you see xNTJ for Karev?
He doesn't seem self-confident and rational enough. Do you remember for example the scene with an emergency in an elevator in the first or second season? He had a panic attack and O'malley did the work.
Also he seems a perceiver. I'd go for ISTP.

Christina is more INTP than INTJ. She is robotics and she lacks Fe totally.
When she is recovered and her mother is in the hospital, she has an emotional incontrollable outburst, in the way an iperstressed intp with unhealthy Fe could have.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Where do you see xNTJ for Karev?
He doesn't seem self-confident and rational enough. Do you remember for example the scene with an emergency in an elevator in the first or second season? He had a panic attack and O'malley did the work.
Also he seems a perceiver. I'd go for ISTP.

Christina is more INTP than INTJ. She is robotics and she lacks Fe totally.
When she is recovered and her mother is in the hospital, she has an emotional incontrollable outburst, in the way an iperstressed intp with unhealthy Fe could have.

Kareve - its the degree of the introvertedness - he is in his head and then does.... I'm not sure that INTJs don't ahve the odd panic attack, I didn't see the first two sets of shows.

Christine is defo a J... INTPs are fluffier than she is, by miles, and I say that with respect. INTJ but not masively I, she does communicate maybe ENTJ... nothing P about her.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ok I've got to go count Zzzzzzzzz or I will be useless tomorrow

HAve a good chat, this one could go on a while, really good types to profile... all quite belevable...

Oh and for what it's worth, house is clearly an ISTJ (LOL only kiddin)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Kareve - its the degree of the introvertedness - he is in his head and then does.... I'm not sure that INTJs don't ahve the odd panic attack, I didn't see the first two sets of shows.

Do you think Karev behaviour and emotional reaction about a sort of obsession in taking care of his mother when young and the same with the "crazy" girl with the new face is a possible intj thing (due to tertiary Fi)?

edit: However, I don't know for sure which types Christina and Karev are, but It's difficult for me to see strong similitudes and thinking they are the same mbti type.