User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Jesus

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    sometimes it's impossible to type fictional characters..
    Ouch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    intp

I just read a description of Ni and I think that Jesus is an INxJ. He speaks in metaphors, he's very judgmental towards the pharisee, he is certain of the things that he talks about, yet in a way that he doesn't reason... he "just knows". He doesn't inform people, he tells them what to do. It all fits.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Jesus is xxxx.

EDIT: I really dislike how by typing Christ as one thing (mostly INxJ) we're basically implying that those two types are innately more "holy" or "closer to God" than others. I highly disagree. I'll just go ahead and assume that most of the posters here aren't Christians. That'll make me sleep better at night.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    EDIT: I really dislike how by typing Christ as one thing (mostly INxJ) we're basically implying that those two types are innately more "holy" or "closer to God" than others. I highly disagree. I'll just go ahead and assume that most of the posters here aren't Christians. That'll make me sleep better at night.

I think that Jesus did have a personality type, even if he was Christ. If he came to this earth in the human form and he was completely human, yet at the same time completely God, then he must have had a human personality even if he was Christ.

Jesus was a man. That doesn't mean that men are holier than women. I also have reason to believe that Jesus had a hair colour. Yet it doesn't mean that his hair colour (be it black, for instance) is any holier than other hair colours. It certainly doesn't mean that Christians should dye their hair black.

What I'm saying is: even if Jesus had a personality type, like he had a gender, a hair colour, a height and a weight, it doesn't mean that his personality type is any better or holier or that Christians should try to transform their personality type to Jesus's personality type. It simply would have been impossible for Jesus to function amongst people as a human being, had he not had a personality (type).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jesus of course had a personality type... but can you really get enough info from the bible to type him? The bible is difficult to read and unclear about Jesus.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't think something as superficial as hair color can be compared to personality at all (i.e, you can have a role model without being visually compatible with him). Jesus was a chameleon. He was logical and compassionate. Community-oriented and individual-oriented. Prompt but was also blitheful and easygoing.

Of course Christ had a personality (that's not what I was refuting), but as embodiment of God he encompassed all that was human. He was every type. Or at least that's how I see it. As xxxx being balanced not typeless.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Through elimination.

Jesus couldn't have been NT. Or he would've been much more critical about his holyness.
    Jesus wasn't an S, because he clearly wasn't much of a carpenter and had to find another line of work.
    That leaves NF.

Jesus wasn't very lazy, and took on a lot of things. So he was most likely J. And jesus was a charismatic and loved person. So probably an Extraverted man, easily accepted by others.

Through process of elimination, I have thus proved that Jesus must have been an ENFJ!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    I

Jesus was INFJ, at least that's what I see him typed as most frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)
    Good point. As far as MBTI applies to Biblical people, I think this is really the only appropriate application. Jesus was the God-man... I would imagine he did not have a personality type, but transcended it, utilizing all functions equally.

MBTI
    intp

"remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)"

Hmm, this is a good point. I've always felt like Jesus is an INTJ (even though I typed him as an INxJ in my previous post) and my favourite gospel is that of Luke, which has probably affected my views on Jesus more than the other gospels.