User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Jesus

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I realize that Jesus may be nearly impossible to type since a person's religious views are going to come into play even if they are not a Christian. Having said that I really think Jesus is an extravert. If you read the verses that tell you what he did on a daily basis you will see that he was usually surrounded by large crowds, and he had a following of much more than just 12 disciples. Even when he wanted to get away from the crowds for a while he would often bring his twelve closest friends lol.

Now it's true that he would also go off by himself to pray fairly regularly, but that simply shows that he is a healthy extravert. Only unhealthy extraverts feel like they need to be around people all the time. Every extravert should spend time by themselves to become grounded and reconnect with who they are.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ

I always saw Jesus as a figure that was meant for everyone to identify with. Jesus is symbolic of the highest good, and so it seems natural that people who think of themselves as "good" will ultimately project their own personality onto him.

I never use quotes of what Jesus said to identify his type, since there is no telling that that's exactly how he said it; changing wording can drastically change the meaning of a sentence. The same sentence then goes through a second alteration when translated to English. Thus, if I were to type Jesus I would go by he decisions/actions. To me, sacrificing one's life for the sake of countless others seems very _NFJ to me. That's all I feel comfortable saying on the topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I kind of feel that Jesus is an INTJ
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

remember: you can be very very compassionate, caring, loving, like Jesus was, and still be a T.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

I would say Jesus was an N, other than that, I wouldn't know how to type him; I think because of his nature, in a sense, he might transcend type and possess the positive attributes of many of the functions, and the negatives of none of them (if it's true he was perfect, which I believe, as a Christian) Although I suppose the downsides of types aren't necessarily reducible to morality, perhaps we can have amoral faults.

In terms of Jesus being diverse: E and I - Jesus spent a lot of time with people and valued them and had a wide circle of friends, but equally people didn't know him well and found him mysterious and he retreated for time alone. I think Jesus' altruism means he might've spent time with people if it would benefit them, even at times when he might rather have just had time alone - how he behaved doesn't necessarily indicate what he ideally would have liked to do. F and T - Jesus was loving and empathetic, cared about the feelings of others, and was very perceptive about people and where they were coming from. Yet he was very direct at times and wouldn't have watered down the truth in order to make it palatable. He was a thinker in the sense that he'd ask philosophical questions and encourage people to think deeply, and he spoke about loving God with your heart AND mind. P and J - Jesus was flexible and open-ended in that he'd change his plans at the last minute and was happy to do spontaneous things, and he also often asked questions without giving a conclusive answer and seemed to encourage people to be open-minded. Yet, at the same time, he could be very definite about things, and his whole life was about an ultimate plan to save humanity, so I guess you could call that J!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I kind of feel that Jesus is an INTJ
    To create all the hubbub that he did so far after his death, he either had to have been an INTJ or an ESFP.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

remember jesus is defined by each gospel writer who discribes him: Matthew (SJ) Mark (SP) Luke (NT) John (NF)
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    To create all the hubbub that he did so far after his death, he either had to have been an INTJ or an ESFP.
    Then Jesus has to be an INTJ
    Because I'd never see him as ESFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I like how Jesus is under pop culture.

sometimes it's impossible to type fictional characters..