• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Roundup: Antiheroes/Antagonists of each type?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm curious about seeing the dark side of each type. Villains, antagonists, tragic antiheroes/antivillains, etc. I just want to see fictional examples of our type 'gone wrong'.

Here are a few I've thought of (I haven't quite figured out how to justify them yet, but here they are anyway):

WARNING: There could be spoilers.

INFP: Frederick Zoller (Inglourious Basterds), his dogged pursuit and defense of his ideals (be it himself or his nation) seems to be a complete instance of Fi/Ne, and he reminds me disturbingly of one of my INFP friends in his approach of things.

INTJ: Shosanna Dreyfus (Inglourious Basterds), could be an INFJ (but I could just be fanwanking. I've seen people type her as an INFP, but I feel like she's more Dom Ni than Aux Ne, and that her decision to...do what she does in the movie is partly triggered by what happened to her family in the beginning. In other words, I believe the seemingly 'Fi' nature people pick up on her could be a Ni-Fe loop if she were INFJ, or it could be her Tert Fi at play if she were INTJ)

ENFJ: Col. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds), many people type him as an INFJ, but I feel like he has more of an extraverted focus in his approach.

These are the only examples I can think of off the top of my head (I just watched Inglourious Basterds for the 111,225th time, so it was already on my mind). I want more examples, though! Please, share! =D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious about seeing the dark side of each type. Villains, antagonists, tragic antiheroes/antivillains, etc. I just want to see fictional examples of our type 'gone wrong'.
Here are a few I've thought of (I haven't quite figured out how to justify them yet, but here they are anyway):
WARNING: There could be spoilers.
INFP: Frederick Zoller (Inglourious Basterds), his dogged pursuit and defense of his ideals (be it himself or his nation) seems to be a complete instance of Fi/Ne, and he reminds me disturbingly of one of my INFP friends in his approach of things.
INTJ: Shosanna Dreyfus (Inglourious Basterds), could be an INFJ (but I could just be fanwanking. I've seen people type her as an INFP, but I feel like she's more Dom Ni than Aux Ne, and that her decision to...do what she does in the movie is partly triggered by what happened to her family in the beginning. In other words, I believe the seemingly 'Fi' nature people pick up on her could be a Ni-Fe loop if she were INFJ, or it could be her Tert Fi at play if she were INTJ)
ENFJ: Col. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds), many people type him as an INFJ, but I feel like he has more of an extraverted focus in his approach.
These are the only examples I can think of off the top of my head (I just watched Inglourious Basterds for the 111,225th time, so it was already on my mind). I want more examples, though! Please, share! =D

- Friedrick Zoller is ESFJ (2w3 Sx/So)
- Hans seems more ENTJ to me, but I could see either (7w8 Sp/So)

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- Friedrick Zoller is ESFJ (2w3 Sx/So)
- Hans seems more ENTJ to me, but I could see either (7w8 Sp/So)

How come ESFJ? Because of his desire to defend his country? (I dunno...his assertion that he is "more than just a uniform" seems to strike me as a Fi/Ne loop under the mask of Tertiary Si)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How come ESFJ? Because of his desire to defend his country? (I dunno...his assertion that he is "more than just a uniform" seems to strike me as a Fi/Ne loop under the mask of Tertiary Si)

- he doesn't separate his feelings from others
- he has no Fi
- he wears his feelings on his sleeve is MUCH more comfortable expressing them fully with everyone than an INFP would be
- and yeah, not a direct correlation, but ESFJs are way more likely to want to defend their country than an INFP
- he is clearly an extrovert. in fact, he's way too extroverted to be an ENFP, much less an INFP

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Estp: Takeshi Kovacs

Entj: Leto Atreides II

Istp: The Punisher

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm, Elfboy you might have a point there. Have a better example of an INFP villain?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Johan Liebert from the manga/anime Monster is some type of screwed-up INFJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, Elfboy you might have a point there. Have a better example of an INFP villain?

Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia: INFP 6w5 or 1w2 Sx/So

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doctor Horrible: INTP, maybe?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lucy Van Pelt = cold-hearted and manipulative ESTJ. She thinks she's the queen of her little empire, and if anyone stands up to her (by not following her personal status quo), she beats the crap out of them. The only reason I might not think ESTJ is the way she manipulates Charlie Brown for the fun of it.

The Trinity Killer (from "Dexter"): abusive and insane ESTJ 1w2. Pillar of the community, benevolent to everyone around him... unless they don't follow his rules, and then he will punish them horribly. The way that he clings to his routine also suggests SJ, to me.
(Of course, I haven't seen that season of "Dexter" in a while, but I really remember seeing a lot of Si and either strong Fe or Te; he seemed pretty open about how things should be, and how he was going to make things that way.)

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I thought The Trinity Killer was more of an ENFJ, but ESTJ might make sense. Perhaps Miguel Prado and/or Jordan Chase (other Big Bads from Dexter) are ENFJ villains.

Speaking of Dexter, I think Maria Laguerta is the perfect ENTJ antihero.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought The Trinity Killer was more of an ENFJ, but ESTJ might make sense.
What makes you say that he's ENFJ? I mean, I'm definitely not discounting ENFJ (though I might see ESFJ more), but since I know I haven't seen that season in a long time, I figure I must be missing something.
Perhaps Miguel Prado and/or Jordan Chase (other Big Bads from Dexter) are ENFJ villains.
Oh I could TOTALLY see Jordan Chase as ENFJ. Not sure about Miguel Prado, though he does give off an Fe vibe.
Speaking of Dexter, I think Maria Laguerta is the perfect ENTJ antihero.
I always saw her as ESTJ (and totally a 3), but yeah, that works too. :yes:

Lisa Cuddy (from "House") is totally ESTJ too, imo. Not necessarily an antihero, but no one roots for her, so... :laugh:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I thought the reason Trinity was so successful at evading arrest was because he came off like a typical everyman, and the only reason he was able to do that was because he has a keen sense of Extraverted Feeling. He's definitely some type of Extrovert.