• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Was Joan of Arc really an ENFP as opposed to INFP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- she was a military commander
- strong leadership capabilities
- easily stood up to church officials and Ne/Te bitch slapped the hell out of them (her trial and some of her speeches are on record)

I think she was an ENFP with strong Fi and Te, not an INFP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agree. She was definetly an extrovert, and very possibly an ESFx. 6w7 Sx/So.

I think she was a sort of Middle Ages Lady Gaga or something. They have a very similar personality.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she was a sort of Middle Ages Lady Gaga or something. They have a very similar personality.

- she was definitely an Fi user (so not ESFJ)
- I was reading some of her quotes the other day and they all sounded Ne+Fi+Te as hell to me

this makes me believe she is ENFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- she was definitely an Fi user (so not ESFJ)
- I was reading some of her quotes the other day and they all sounded Ne+Fi+Te as hell to me

this makes me believe she is ENFP

I think she was "normal" and action oriented (ESFP) more then quirky and idea-oriented (ENFP), and that she was an Ni-user , not an Ne, user, driven by an ultimate powerful vision as opposed to multiples options and possibilities. So, ESFP.

But I agree she was not ESFJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how we're all just wondering things aloud all the time haha it's funny to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love how we're all just wondering things aloud all the time haha it's funny to me.

welcome to being an ENFP, it's what we do :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i know...we do it...all the time...but here everybody plays along. it's awesome!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
"Middle Ages Lady Gaga" LOL

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think for some reason she is an Fi dom. INFP Enneagram 7 or 6 if I had to guess.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think for some reason she is an Fi dom. INFP Enneagram 7 or 6 if I had to guess.

she just seems far to responsive, directing, choleric pragmatic, verbally quick on her feet and outwardly expressive to be Fi dom and inferior Te.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i know...we do it...all the time...but here everybody plays along. it's awesome!

anyway, what MBTI do you think Joan of Arc was? INFP? ENFP? something else?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

people paint her as this pure, angelic maiden or something, but, when you consider everything she did at such a young age, she was probably a hardcore biatch.

in reality, her personality was probably more like this:
xena_6.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
people paint her as this pure, angelic maiden or something, but, when you consider everything she did at such a young age, she was probably a hardcore biatch.

xena_6.jpg

Nah, she was probably more like Gabrielle.

I haven't really read much about her, but I think she's probably got Fi in some capacity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, she was probably more like Gabrielle.

I haven't really read much about her, but I think she's probably got Fi in some capacity.

I agree that she probably had Fi, that's why I think ENFP. however, an uneducated 17 year old girl who became a revolutionary figurehead, lived a life of constant conflict (from church officials, politicians, in battles etc) and became an effective military commander? their is no way in hell an INFP in such a situation would be able to do that. she was not inferior Te and in reality was likely quite aggressive and had to MAKE people respect her. a gentle, docile, peace loving type like an INFP doing what she did? no way in hell

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I agree that she probably had Fi, that's why I think ENFP. however, an uneducated 17 year old girl who became a revolutionary figurehead, lived a life of constant conflict (from church officials, politicians, in battles etc) and became an effective military commander? their is no way in hell an INFP in such a situation would be able to do that. she was not inferior Te and in reality was likely quite aggressive and had to MAKE people respect her. a gentle, docile, peace loving type like an INFP doing what she did? no way in hell

Yeah, she was probably some more action-oriented Fi type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, she was probably some more action-oriented Fi type.

I could see either ENFP or ISFP, but such a conflict resilient 17 year old INFP? not a chance

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know much about her, but it's often hard enough to type a living figure, let alone a historical figure. Who's to say she wasn't a very disturbed INFP? There are soo many, soo many possibilities, so maNe.

Burger King

Have you ever met an INFP that is not E9 (or whatever enneagram type that corresponds to pain/conflict avoidance)? A heavily idealistic type like that is bound to grow up disappointed, jaded, cynical, and volatile. I have no opinion of Joan of Arc, as I don't know enough about her, but just sayin'.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever met an INFP that is not E9 (or whatever enneagram type that corresponds to pain/conflict avoidance)? A heavily idealistic type like that is bound to grow up disappointed, jaded, cynical, and volatile. I have no opinion of Joan of Arc, as I don't know enough about her, but just sayin'.

I've met INFP 1s, 2s, 4s, 6s, and even an INFP 7 and INFP 3. none of them were like that, at least externally. an INFP is likely to feel these things, but they are not likely to do much about it, at least, not in the form and to the extent to which Joan did. she was like a freaking warrior princess

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

xena_6.jpg

I've heard that she was reckless, attracted with sorcery and also lesbian. She was the leader of the group and always ready to be in trouble.

At the same time, she was very religious and loyal. That variation between devotion and rebellion makes me say that she was a 6.

That being said, the picture you posted would make me think she was ESTP. :laugh: But I still think ESFP.