User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I've met INFP 1s, 2s, 4s, 6s, and even an INFP 7 and INFP 3. none of them were like that, at least externally. an INFP is likely to feel these things, but they are not likely to do much about it, at least, not in the form and to the extent to which Joan did. she was like a freaking warrior princess
    I think she may have been given the INFP label on the count that her life seems very typical "Fi-idealist." She seems E1. Most E1s are ESTJ/ISTJ right? Do you think perhaps she could be ESTJ/ISTJ (they have Fi as well and are considered a more practical bunch)?

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think she may have been given the INFP label on the count that her life seems very typical "Fi-idealist." She seems E1. Most E1s are ESTJ/ISTJ right? Do you think perhaps she could be ESTJ/ISTJ (they have Fi as well and are considered a more practical bunch)?
    no.
    - way too much Fi for an ESTJ
    - too extroverted for an ISTJ
    - no sense of routine or desire for a routine lifestyle whatsoever
    - extremely unconventional (not impossible for an STJ, and not enough by itself to say not STJ, but certainly not likely)
    - too driven by passion, ideals and otherworldly visions to be an STJ
    - on a more subjective note, her vibe is the polar opposite of an STJ

PS: I think she was 6w7 Sx/So, but I can't rule out 1w2 (I can however rule out 1w9. 1w9s are tactful, soft spoken and more gentle in making "converts"; 1w2s are more like "fall on your knees and repent you evil mutha fuckaz!!!")
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm not saying that at all. I think the Fi and personal values as a motivator are very important. after all I think she is an ENFP (I am an ENFP too and this ENFP has PLENTY of fiery, Fi driven conviction) but I am arguing the energy levels. I have talked to several INFPs and I have never seen a single one display the kind of energy Joan of Arc displayed for that long a period (maybe a month at most if they were going completely ape shit for awhile, but even that I've never really seen. certainly not for 2 years straight. the woman was a monster)
    I'm even starting to see the possibility of ESFP based on what @Speed Gavroche added
    And these are precisely the reasons that I have been disagreeing with in this thread the whole time. I'm not going to say that she isn't more likely something else, but I am saying that so far I haven't seen a stated reason to reject the INFP. If you watch the Cunningham documentary on Netflix, you'll find that just watching the dude in action will quickly tire out any given nettard just to watch, and he's been doing this constantly for 30 years, and you will clearly see he's an INFP. INFPs engage and are energized in introverted activity related to their values. But I have noticed that sometimes an INFP will tie their lives up in an introverted activity that incidentally involves people. It's a very odd situation.. it's almost as if they people become objects (haha.. please don't get mad at me INFPs), in that case they seem like extroverts to people who don't understand what's going on.

Anyway, this whole thread is a load of BS as has been stated before. The lens of history is highly distorted. Throw in some bi-polar disorder, some mania, any number of things they didn't have treatments for back then and she could be any type. Even without that, sometimes a historical figures actions could be a lot more subdued, but their actions can resonate with the needs of the people to amplify their actions for the texts. Sometimes people didn't actually do the things that the text said they did in the way they said they did it. And, I think everybody has an unclear view on the activity involved in war. War is boring, battles are hellishly chaotic and short term.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    but I am saying that so far I haven't seen a stated reason to reject the INFP.
    i have ver explained that: Joan of Arc was extrovert in her general behavior and during her whole life, not in specific occasions; and she did not repress Te, therefore she was not IFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    i have ver explained that: Joan of Arc was extrovert in her general behavior and during her whole life, not in specific occasions; and she did not repress Te, therefore she was not IFP.
    Excessive and very constant uses of Te would seem very unlike INFP, that is something worth considering. I agree.

I just jumped in to dispel some incorrect INFP notions. Failing to confine herself to her room for long stretches of time to write Doctor Who fanfiction, that shouldn't be a factor at all.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    A lot of people would beg to differ with you.

I don't necessarily.

But a lot of people would.
    Go ahead and beg, I don't mind.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Go ahead and beg, I don't mind.
    Buddy, read it again! I said A LOT OF PEOPLE would beg to differ! Not me!

:tears out hair:
    :pops Midol:
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Riva

I wonder what Étienne de Vignolles, AKA La Hire's type is.

Sounds like an ISTP to me.

Sorry people, no way a thread dedicated to La Hire would have had any feedback.

Had to sneak it in here.

Also,

I believe given to choose between ENFP and INFP, she is/was an INFP. To support the theory I'm going in the lines of her hearing voices, making people believe her by being so passionate about it an introverted (Fi) trait.

I do realize it's not a strong point to make.

I'm just interested in La Hire.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Excessive and very constant uses of Te would seem very unlike INFP, that is something worth considering. I agree.
    I just jumped in to dispel some incorrect INFP notions. Failing to confine herself to her room for long stretches of time to write Doctor Who fanfiction, that shouldn't be a factor at all.
    you're attempting to dispel notions that have never even been brought up in this thread. INFPs can be plenty strong and motivated, passionate advocates and do all sorts of variety of things outside being a reclusive daydreamer, but one thing that is totally outside of the natural tendencies of an INFP, (especially a 17 year old INFP) is being a charismatic figurehead, a military leader, excelling at formation and execution of plans, and living a life of constant conflict where she consistently had to be assertive, thorough, decisive and willing to dish it out in the moment (in all honesty, her ability to do this is surprising even for an ENFP. she had an ability to verbally bitch slap people that could give most Te doms a run for their money). INFPs do not have the fast tongues of ENFPs (or extroverts in general) and need more time to prepare for things like conflict and situations where they need to exercise large amount of assertiveness (ENFPs with strong Te can thrive on these things)

@PeaceBaby
    Really, MacGuffin 's point is most relevant anyway ... ANY MBTI type, ANY enneagram type, ANYONE, who thinks they hear God's voice telling them what to do, and they do what the voice tells them to do, is capable of being a "Joan of Arc".
    I strongly disagree with this. that's like saying any African American who grew up in the Jim Crow south could be a Martin Luther King. needless to say, they couldn't. such a role requires tremendous charisma, aggression channeled into passion, constant need to be ready for and deal with conflict (often at a moment's notice and often for extended periods of time), the ability to organize/allocate resources effectively etc.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

you're attempting to dispel notions that have never even been brought up in this thread. INFPs can be plenty strong and motivated, passionate advocates and do all sorts of variety of things outside being a reclusive daydreamer, but one thing that is totally outside of the natural tendencies of an INFP, (especially a 17 year old INFP) is being a charismatic figurehead, a military leader, excelling at formation and execution of plans, and living a life of constant conflict where she consistently had to be assertive, thorough, decisive and willing to dish it out in the moment (in all honesty, her ability to do this is surprising even for an ENFP. she had an ability to verbally bitch slap people that could give most Te doms a run for their money). INFPs do not have the fast tongues of ENFPs (or extroverts in general) and need more time to prepare for things like conflict and situations where they need to exercise large amount of assertiveness (ENFPs with strong Te can thrive on these things)
    Your argument is weak though. I myself was already in leadership positions by that age, so I think it's really about the individual. The whole point is that the ideal, the vision, can be such an overriding factor that it engages someone beyond all of their natural tendency or predisposition.

I strongly disagree with this. that's like saying any African American who grew up in the Jim Crow south could be a Martin Luther King. needless to say, they couldn't. such a role requires tremendous charisma, aggression channeled into passion, constant need to be ready for and deal with conflict (often at a moment's notice and often for extended periods of time), the ability to organize/allocate resources effectively etc.
    *sigh*

You have missed the point, dear sir. Hearing God's voice, the vision, can be such an overriding factor that it engages someone beyond all of their natural tendency or predisposition.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching