User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    But engaging in battle (not to mention carrying on with extended campaigns on willpower - and possibly delusion - alone) of your own initiative, against all outside pressures indicating that you probably should not, is appreciably different from not "shirking from battle."
    It's all about motivation, I believe Fi would provide the willpower and certainly doesn't care about outside pressures. Actually, it seems to me that ENFPs are more sensitive to outside pressures than INFPs when it comes to matters of Fi. Delusion can be added to any type.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    It's all about motivation, I believe Fi would provide the willpower and certainly doesn't care about outside pressures. Actually, it seems to me that ENFPs are more sensitive to outside pressures than INFPs when it comes to matters of Fi. Delusion can be added to any type.
    This can be used to rationalize anything to the point of meaninglessness, though. "She acted like an ESTJ, I guess, but that's because Fi is apparently like an amphetamine that completely changes the person's usual personality."
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This can be used to rationalize anything to the point of meaninglessness, though. "She acted like an ESTJ, I guess, but that's because Fi is apparently like an amphetamine that completely changes the person's usual personality."
    *shrug* I don't know anything of Jd'A. I just think the reasons that have been stated specifically about INFPs are bunk. Like I said, I'm not making a claim.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Joan of Arc was crazy.

Or moved by God.

Either way, MBTI becomes irrelevant.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

it is NOT about motivation. it's about energy level and how the person goes about doing what they do (motivation is more related to enneagram)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    it is NOT about motivation. it's about energy level and how the person goes about doing what they do (motivation is more related to enneagram)
    So.. you are saying that personal values aren't a motivator? How about when they are violated? As far as energy levels, if you are arguing that INFPs are too lethargic to be in constant persuit of their ideals, maybe I'd agree a year ago, until I saw INFPs who seriously kick ass.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Really, @MacGuffin 's point is most relevant anyway ... ANY MBTI type, ANY enneagram type, ANYONE, who thinks they hear God's voice telling them what to do, and they do what the voice tells them to do, is capable of being a "Joan of Arc".

This thread is, of course, a moot point.

I am tired of the whole INFP has no energy / INFP 9 is so super-passive stereotype shit though. If you only knew ... lol
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Joan of Arc was crazy.

Or moved by God.

Either way, MBTI becomes irrelevant.
    A lot of people would beg to differ with you.

I don't necessarily.

But a lot of people would.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

So.. you are saying that personal values aren't a motivator? How about when they are violated? As far as energy levels, if you are arguing that INFPs are too lethargic to be in constant persuit of their ideals, maybe I'd agree a year ago, until I saw INFPs who seriously kick ass.
    I'm not saying that at all. I think the Fi and personal values as a motivator are very important. after all I think she is an ENFP (I am an ENFP too and this ENFP has PLENTY of fiery, Fi driven conviction) but I am arguing the energy levels. I have talked to several INFPs and I have never seen a single one display the kind of energy Joan of Arc displayed for that long a period (maybe a month at most if they were going completely ape shit for awhile, but even that I've never really seen. certainly not for 2 years straight. the woman was a monster)
    I'm even starting to see the possibility of ESFP based on what @Speed Gavroche added
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Really, @MacGuffin 's point is most relevant anyway ... ANY MBTI type, ANY enneagram type, ANYONE, who thinks they hear God's voice telling them what to do, and they do what the voice tells them to do, is capable of being a "Joan of Arc".

This thread is, of course, a moot point.

I am tired of the whole INFP has no energy / INFP 9 is so super-passive stereotype shit though. If you only knew ... lol
    I'm not saying INFPs are passive at all, but there is a wide gulf between not passive and fiery Warrior Princess of Judgment
    PS: 9s however? most INFP 9s are going to be 9w1 and yes, most 9w1s are extremely passive (stereotype or not, it's true until they integrate). however, Joan of Arc was not a 9
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!