User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Ponies Again

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Twilight Sparkle - I don't see clear Ni from her, seems more like she's on the Si/Ne axis at least somewhere, and shows a pretty persistent I and T preference. So she's probably either an ISTJ or a very "J" INTP. Judging by that one episode where the future Twilight visits her, I'd lean more firmly towards ISTJ, as her Ne starts to take on an unsteady catastrophizing quality.

Rainbow Dash - little to question ESTP..... pretty darn obvious Se-dom. Her love of challenges takes on a stereotypically ESTP flavor.

Pinkie Pie - Likely ESFP, though the only super obvious letters are E and P. Do we get enough insight to whatever inner workings she may or may not possess to know her type? I don't know :P

Fluttershy - ISFP kinda seems right for her.... in tune with nature and the needs of the misunderstood and all that you know :P

Applejack - probably ESTJ, a little more involved and performance-driven that I'd expect of an ISTJ.

Rarity - ESFJ...... I don't see any N indication for her either.
    QFT. Though I think Pinkie Pie is more ENFP than ESFP.

Oh, I once heard someone on the internet say that they thought Twilight could have Asperger's because she was so oblivious in social situations, lol.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I got pinkie pie on the my little pony test D:
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I got pinkie pie on the my little pony test D:
    Sounds about right.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

FigerPuppet

Only good thing that has ever come out of MLP:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpH-SmtnOqI&list=UUmvXfmJEtURCEtHNbMXfDqg&index=9&feat ure=plcp"]SWAG[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP

Ni and Ti aren't an acceptable function pair under MBTI. Someone like that has to be lumped in under INFJ (Ni-Fe-Ti-Se) or ISTP (Ti-Se-Ni-Fe). Of the two, INFJ makes far more sense for Twilight. We know she was isolated and over-introverted before coming to Ponyville, which seems far more likely to squash an INFJ's Fe than an ISTP's Se. And she's never shown any sign of perceiver-orientation.

She is also not socially oblivious, but rather socially inexperienced. She makes lots of Fe-based decisions, they're just not good ones. In both Ticket Master and Boast Busters she pays too much attention to what she thinks other ponies will think and winds up paralyzed for fear of offending anyone. In Winter Wrap-up she becomes so chagrined by her failure to contribute anything useful that she winds up hiding in a bush so no pony will see her. As the show has moved into season 2, this is happening less often, and the social clumsiness is less common as well. In an early S1 episode, she gives Pinkie some advice that seems sensible, but is actually a misreading of the situation. In a late S2 episode, she gives Pinkie some advice again, and this time it's genuinely helpful. In the S2 finale, she has something of a triumph: Twilight was suspicious of my motives all along. It's too bad the rest of you were too wrapped up in your wedding plans to listen.

As for Si versus Ni, note that while Applejack and Rarity become stubborn about physical things (I Can Buck All These Apples, Prepare Breakfast Exactly Like This), Twilight's stubbornness revolves around concepts (There Is No Pinkie Sense, The World Will End Next Tuesday). In both cases she gets a single fixed idea into her head and has immense difficulty in dislodging it. This is different from Ne-based catastrophizing, in which a multitude of bad things are summoned (cannibals! snakes! the Plague! Also large bugs) when the dictates of Si are not followed.