• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Nikola Tesla?

What type is Nikola Tesla?

• Total voters
W

WALMART

This is actually a very good argument in favor of ISTx (though I'm not sure we really know exactly what he thought; he was very solitary and not 1/10 as well documented as Einstein).

So now I'm wondering, why ISTP and not ISTJ?

That's a tough one as well. When I thought INTJ, I considered the entire spectrum - ISTP, ISTJ, INTP, INTJ.

I got what I wrote from this that you posted,

“It might be inferred that I am alluding to the curvature of space supposed to exist according to the teachings of relativity, but nothing could be further from my mind. I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved, is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing. I, for one, refuse to subscribe to such a view.“

and

"The theory wraps all these errors and fallacies and clothes them in magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king. Its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists. Not a single one of the relativity propositions has been proved.”

He dismisses, even though the math is fine, the notion of relativity simply because it doesn't make sense.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I'll give it to you; Tesla may very well have been an ISTP.

I see we have much more yet to learn...

I

Infinite Bubble

Tesla internally visualised mechanical structures and how all the parts fit together to make the whole. This seems to be a good indicator for Ti. Se makes much more sense than Ne, so that's why I agree with ISTP.

W

WALMART

Tesla internally visualised mechanical structures and how all the parts fit together to make the whole. This seems to be a good indicator for Ti. Se makes much more sense than Ne, so that's why I agree with ISTP.

Yeah. A lot of his predictions were grounded in mechanics as well - the manners in which battle would be fought, the nature of future energy sources, etc.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] [MENTION=10780]Patches[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] [MENTION=206]Randomnity[/MENTION]

One of you mods, please move the comments in this thread regarding Nikola Tesla to my What type is Nikola Tesla? thread. Thanks in advance.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ 5w6 sp/so

^ This as of now is my best guess on Tesla's type as well.
INTJ because he was a visionary.
5w6 because he was investigative.
sp/so because he was resourceful.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone else have any ideas on the Lord of the Storm Dragon?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm gonna go with ENTP for tesla

He also looks very similar to my ENTP friend.

230838_10150160738637924_5647807_n.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna go with ENTP for tesla

He also looks very similar to my ENTP friend.

230838_10150160738637924_5647807_n.jpg

Hmm, this is a pretty interesting match...

He also looks sort of like NBA star Manu Ginobili, and some have speculated that he also may have been an ENTP:

Manu-Ginobili.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read his autobiography. He was intj.

Yes, his writing seems to have many INTJ "visionary" elements, seeing possibilities at many levels and exploring where the contingencies could go. There's very good evidence in favor of him being an INTJ, like his thoughts and great world ambitions.

Eye of the Potato

Yes, his writing seems to have many INTJ "visionary" elements, seeing possibilities at many levels and exploring where the contingencies could go. There's very good evidence in favor of him being an INTJ, like his thoughts and great world ambitions.

Yeah exactly.

Incidentally, I took magic mushrooms before and I could sense where the electricity was going into my phone when I charged it, just exactly where the battery is housed. I hadn't come up fully when I decided to charge my phone, so I was completely in my senses at that point, and know for a fact that the electricity I was sensing was real. The way Tesla was able to project images in his head, sounds like what happens when you trip, and can see images projected on a wall. He had an episode where his senses were so sensitive that he had to put rubber under the legs of his bed, because even the slightest vibration would cause him distress. I'd say whatever parts of the brain are activated when taking mushrooms was the same part responsible for Tesla's genius.

I found some the other day actually. I'm planning on taking a trip to the hills of Tara in Ireland to see if I can sense any energy there. Maybe it's a crock of shit, maybe it isn't. Only one way to find out. http://www.knowth.com/tara-earth-energies.htm

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why is there so much disagreement on the mbti of nikola tesla? Tt's ranged from entp, intj, intp, istp....

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"My project was retarded by laws of nature. The world was not prepared for it. It was too far ahead of time.
But the same laws will prevail in the end and make it a triumphal success." ~ Nikola Tesla

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nikola tesla is either NiTe or TeNi (visually). And I'll explain why.

The pictures you guys were talking about above are all actually good examples of the cunning appearance Ni/Se eyes can have. Especially when Ni>Se. In both those pictures though the people have very naturally relaxed faces. In contrast though, nikola has an ever so subtle tension on his face. This is why those people are probably Ti/Fe whereas nikola is Te/Fi.

Look at for instance the bottom picture here.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The health related things tipped the scales. Clear Ni dominant.

I'm not sure what you mean; are you suggesting that he's a madman, and as such must be diving down crazy Ni holes!?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, so I guess Tesla after all probably was an INTJ...

Well, at least Giordano Bruno is an ENTP, and Ken Wilber an INTP!