User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Nikola Tesla?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

11 26.19%
  • INTP

11 26.19%
  • INTJ

20 47.62%
First 45678 Last

ESFJ
    I really like cats and food.

WALMART

Nikola Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating (which is profitable and worthwhile in itself, of course).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Nikolai Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating.
    Nah, Tesla was Ne.
    Also, stereotypes about intuitives and sensors are not true. You wouldn't believe how many people you have met are actually intuitives who just look like sensors to you.

However, there is a thread about Tesla's type (© RaptorWizard)
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/55765-what-type-nikola-tesla.html
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Nah, Tesla was Ne.
    Also, stereotypes about intuitives and sensors are not true. You wouldn't believe how many people you have met are actually intuitives who just look like sensors to you.

However, there is a thread about Tesla's type
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/55765-what-type-nikola-tesla.html
    Yeah, I always forget Jung wrote Ne with politicians and car salesmen in mind. Pretty participatory, I suppose.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Nikola Tesla was probably ISTP.
    Yeah I think so too. He was no intuitive.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Nah, Tesla was Ne.

However, there is a thread about Tesla's type
    It's noteworthy that I was the one who started this funny thread on Tesla's type.

Nikola Tesla was probably ISTP. I think ISTP's are much more likely to be a part of the contribulatory field of sciences, like particle physicists or aerospace engineers. I doubt the scope of their work pertains strictly to their choice of work being "just a job", though.

N types sit on the sidelines speculating (which is profitable and worthwhile in itself, of course).
    If you go by the poll, we see that people are fairly evenly divided between INTJ, INTP, and ENTP, with a slight edge for INTJ.

I probably should have made ISTJ, ISTP, and INFJ options on that poll as well, but those choices just didn't seem as popular.

Odds of course are, Tesla was most certainly one of those 6 types, and he was so complex and unique, that a solid argument could be made for any of them.

If we go by Celebrity Types, a very trusted authority, you will see that they decided on INTJ for him, though whether or not that is accurate remains very open to speculation.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

It's noteworthy that I was the one who started this funny thread on Tesla's type.
    Ok, I edit it
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I was going to offer INTJ as an alternative (heh heh).

I really think people doubt the intellectual power of sensing, let alone it following a dom-thinking position.
    Easy case for INTJ: visionary ahead of his time.

Easy case for ISTP: mechanic who made stuff work.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Easy case for INTJ: visionary ahead of his time.

Easy case for ISTP: mechanic who made stuff work.
    It is important to note just how suspect he was of visionary type thought. All of his predictions were completely grounded in reality, so far as to call Einstein and types like him metaphysicians.

He also dismissed concepts like second sight, reasoning his once "prophetic" dream of his mother dying as being a case of seeing an angel paining before bed combined with singing from a church down the road.

These are the kinds of things Jung was getting at when he coined the phrase intuition, and these are the kinds of things Tesla were pretty openly skeptical about.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It is important to note just how suspect he was of visionary type thought. All of his predictions were completely grounded in reality, so far as to call Einstein and types like him metaphysicians.

He also dismissed concepts like second sight, reasoning his once "prophetic" dream of his mother dying as being a case of seeing an angel paining before bed combined with singing from a church down the road.

These are the kinds of things Jung was getting at when he coined the phrase intuition, and these are the kinds of things Tesla were pretty openly skeptical about.
    This is actually a very good argument in favor of ISTx (though I'm not sure we really know exactly what he thought; he was very solitary and not 1/10 as well documented as Einstein).

So now I'm wondering, why ISTP and not ISTJ?