• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Palpatine

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You just said that 6 and 8 can both be agressive, but you did not explain how theses two types differ to each other. I explained how they differ, and Anakin is a 8.

Your feebles skills can't match with me.

I linked you to an entire page describing the differences. They can both be aggressive AT LEVEL 6. This is nothing new, the same info appears in Personality Types.

I have decided that this is the main difference in archetypal terms -

Type 8 is the authoritarian Boss type; type 6 is the anti-authoritarian Rebel type.

According to that page (and Jennifer explained this also), the Type 6 has problems with controlling impulses, the type 8 on the other hand is in control of him or herself at all times. The type 8 does not lash out wildly. The type 8 does not force-choke anybody out of impulse. The type 8 has a plan and sticks to it, even if that plan is murderous. The type 6, at that level, has lost control.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I linked you to an entire page describing the differences. They can both be aggressive AT LEVEL 6. This is nothing new, the same info appears in Personality Types.

I have decided that this is the main difference in archetypal terms -

Type 8 is the authoritarian Boss type; type 6 is the anti-authoritarian Rebel type.

According to that page (and Jennifer explained this also), the Type 6 has problems with controlling impulses, the type 8 on the other hand is in control of him or herself at all times. The type 8 does not lash out wildly. The type 8 does not force-choke anybody out of impulse. The type 8 has a plan and sticks to it, even if that plan is murderous. The type 6, at that level, has lost control.

Are there some phobic 6s that are traditionalists and some counter-phobic 6s that are rebels, or can they be both?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8s are anti-authoritarians and rebels too.

You did not prove anything.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8s are anti-authoritarians and rebels too.

You did not prove anything.

No they are not, they are the authority not the anti-authoritarian rebel. Come meet my boss and then explain to me in what way he is anti-authority.

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses" describes Anakin toward the end.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there some phobic 6s that are traditionalists and some counter-phobic 6s that are rebels, or can they be both?

Counter-phobics such as Anakin are far more likely to lash out against authority. Phobics keep their aggressive impulsives internalized.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No they are not, they are the authority not the anti-authoritarian rebel.

Anakin is pretty at ease in authority roles. Watch the animated serie Clones Wars.

Also:

Helen Palmer said:
If 8s are in a subordonate position, they will minimize the power that the authority have on them. They'll push the limits of the rules.

6s rebel against authority, 8s are stronger than the authority. That's Anakin, and he is not afraid by anyone, that's his focus, always, not only at the end of the movie.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin is pretty at ease in authority roles. Watch the animated serie Clones Wars.

I'm not interested in animated series or comic books, thanks anyway. So what if Anakin takes the leadership role in a cartoon. You're so involved in your fantasy world that you forget these aren't real people, and that their characters are written by different people.

Yes?

6s rebel against authority, 8s are stronger than the authority. That's Anakin, and he is not afraid by anyone, that's his focus, always, not only at the end of the movie.

Anakin is self-deluded by the end of the movie. He brags that he can take Palpatine, but he can't even take Obi-wan.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but if we work together perhaps we can discover the secret.
Palpatine to Anakin

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but if we work together perhaps we can discover the secret.
Palpatine to Anakin

He certainly cheated death, didn't he.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He certainly cheated death, didn't he.

He gave Anakin a false promise like the demons do to serve his own selfish ends when in reality he had no idea what he was talking about.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The being of great power who could cheat death and even wreaked the experiment which birthed Anakin was the ultimate Sith Lord Darth Plageuis, who I saw on one thread was INTJ like Darth Sidious.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He gave Anakin a false promise like the demons do to serve his own selfish ends when in reality he had no idea what he was talking about.

Palpatine opportunistically preyed upon Anakin's worst fears and insecurities.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gerge L supervised Clone Wars, so that the Anakin's personality is coherent with the movie. And self-delusion is the typical characteristic of 8.

You're wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gerge L supervised Clone Wars, so that the Anakin's personality is coherent with the movie. And self-delusion is the typical characteristic of 8.

You're wrong.

"You're wrong, you failed, you lose," sounds like Anakin talking.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's just the truth.

If you only have that to defend your point...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's just the truth.

If you only have that to defend your point...

Even if Anakin took a leadership role in some cartoon created by GL on CartoonNetwork, it has no relevance to anything. Are you bored or something?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's relevance that he is a 8. There's no relevance that he is a 6. And everything you said tryng to prove that he is a 6 is not especially Type 6-related. Everithing I said explaining you why you are wrong are Type 8 related.

So he is a 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's relevance that he is a 8. There's no relevance that he is a 6. And everything you said tryng to prove that he is a 6 is not especially Type 6-related. Everithing I said explaining you why you are wrong are Type 8 related.

So he is a 8.

Those are mere assertions. Anakin's erratic behavior proves that he's a 6. Palpatine's well-planned strategizing proves that he's an 8.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Helen Palmer said:
[8] see themselves as protectors. They see themselves as a shield for their friends and for the inncents protecting them with their own body, finghting agains injustice at the same time

That's Anakin. And for Palpatine, 6s can be planner too. But Palpatine is afraid in fight, Anakin is not. Palpatine is a 6, Anakin is an 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's Anakin. And for Palpatine, 6s can be planner too. But Palpatine is afraid in fight, Anakin is not. Palpatine is a 6, Anakin is an 8.

Chancellor Palpatine is hiding the fact that he's a Sith Lord. Yeah, he sure seemed afraid when he attacked Mace Windu and two other opponents at the same time. Right.