• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Palpatine

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin's tritype is 682 The Rescuer.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin is truly self-confident. He has no need to "compensate".

And tritype is bullshit.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin is truly self-confident. He has no need to "compensate".

And tritype is bullshit.

He's so self-confident that he went over to the dark side looking for help. Yeah right.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He rush on power and is convinced that he can kill the emperor whenever he wants. So, yes, he is confident.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He rush on power and is convinced that he can kill the emperor whenever he wants. So, yes, he is confident.

It looks like someone needs to watch the movie, but it's definitely not me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1.40 "I'am more powerful than the chancellor I can overthrow him"

[youtube=tfX01lURXFk]Mal+'s Epic Fail[/youtube]

So, indeed, you should watch it and face your fail.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1.40 "I'am more powerful than the chancellor I can overthrow him"

[youtube=tfX01lURXFk]Mal+'s Epic Fail[/youtube]

So, indeed, you should watch it and face your fail.

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." Typical 6 statement.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Both 6s and 8s are reactives type leaning to do that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Both 6s and 8s are reactives type leaning to do that.

And if you'll listen more closely, Anakin does not sound sure about being able to defeat the Chancellor. "I..I can overthrow him."

Type 6 Hitler also wanted to rule.

Since you're the Star Wars expert, was there anything before this scene indicating that Anakin wanted to rule the galaxy?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And if you'll listen more closely, Anakin does not sound sure about being able to defeat the Chancellor. "I..I can overthrow him."

Type 6 Hitler also wanted to rule.

Since you're the Star Wars expert, was there anything before this scene indicating that Anakin wanted to rule the galaxy?

Luke, join me and together I will make your face the greatest in the galaxy... or else YOU WILL DIE!!!

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watch the movie.

I have, multiple times.

How does this sound like him?

They [8s] think that they will be able to maintain their power by being shrewder and more premeditated. Instead of acting recklessly, they will attempt to act with more foresight [especially using the Force to see into the future]. By being more secretive, they will be able to strike without warning; by being more wily, they will be able to hide from their enemies until they are ready to defeat them utterly. In short, the temptation for Eights to go to Five lies in the union of power and safety, a seemingly unbeatable combination.

How does that sound like Anakin? He doesn't premeditate his attacks; he just jumps straight into action out of being reactive.

6s are loyals because they expect to find protection and security in return. Anakin see himself as a protector and want more on more powe for this, but he don't see himself as vulnerable at all. 8, not 6.

6s are protective, too!

Also, you say 6s attempt to find protection and security, so what better way to obtain that than to have power?

That's idiot; Anakin have always been confident and arrogant.

Then you misunderstood what was trying to be conveyed then. But you're not the only one who has thought this.

Anakin didn't felt that anyone was more powerful than him. 8.

That's bullshit; if he felt like he was more powerful than anybody, then he wouldn't feel the need to join the Emperor.

No.

Obi-Wan is a true 6, him.

What makes you say Obi-Wan is a 6? I don't have a strong opinion on this, so I want to hear your reasoning.

R

Riva

Palpatine put Te first. Ni was only used for plotting purposes, as in thinking so far ahead as to order a clone army years in advance of needing one. His lifestyle was definitely not Ni, but Te. Ni was only a support function for his Te lifestyle.

On the contrary he used his Te to ruthlessly bring his vision/purpose/ideas (Ni) in to reality.

His lifestyle wasn't Te dom at all. He was if anything - was an introvert.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have, multiple times.

How does this sound like him?

Darth Vader is strong and tough, powerful and self-confident, but somewhat withdrawn.

How does that sound like Anakin? He doesn't premeditate his attacks; he just jumps straight into action out of being reactive.

Darth Vader is cnnected to 5 and then is premiditating. Anakin is not, ans is impulsive and reckless like a 8, never spend time thinking.

6s are protective, too!

6s need protection. Anakin protect people and don't find any need to be protected. 8.

Also, you say 6s attempt to find protection and security, so what better way to obtain that than to have power?

6s seek protection showing their loyalty. Not by having power.

Then you misunderstood what was trying to be conveyed then. But you're not the only one who has thought this.

Again, you ignore the facts and speculate on what was tryed to be conveyed without any evidence. You try to invent a new reality, hoping that we believe it istead of face the reality and admit that you are wrong.

That's bullshit; if he felt like he was more powerful than anybody, then he wouldn't feel the need to join the Emperor.

He feels more powerful than anybody. It's just not enough for him. But he is convinced that he has the potential to be all-powerful. The emperor is just there to make him realease that potential, and he think he can kill him whenever he wants. So, yes, he is a 8.

What makes you say Obi-Wan is a 6? I don't have a strong opinion on this, so I want to hear your reasoning.

I don't want to explain it. Too long. Too complicated. And I've waste enough time with that for today.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Typically 8.

A 6 is rather "Luke, join me and together we could overthrow our powerful ennemy and conquer the galaxy...or else I WILL DIE".

Anakin is excited, that's why his speech is jerky, not because he is unsure and anxious. Also, Palpatine is the master of Anakin, but Anakin minimizes the power than Palpatin has on him. 8.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the contrary he used his Te to ruthlessly bring his vision/purpose/ideas (Ni) in to reality.

His lifestyle wasn't Te dom at all. He was if anything - was an introvert.

Te-dom is not a lifestyle. J or P is lifestyle. Palpatine lived his J life externally, he didn't live in his head. He shows no signs of living in his head.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Te-dom is not a lifestyle. J or P is lifestyle. Palpatine lived his J life externally, he didn't live in his head. He shows no signs of living in his head.

I have to admit if you contrast him with Yoda he was more of a 'put this into practice' type of person. Whereas Yoda most definitely was one to ponder.

Of course this is a superficial evaluation.

R

Riva

That doesn't prove he is ENTJ. Infact that could very well be INTJ.

Sometimes it is best to go with Jung terms to type a person (I, N, P, J etc) rather than typing him on MBTI terms - Te, Ni, Fe etc.

If anything, he was clearly introverted. I do not see a shred of extroversion in him. Besides he is the ultimate symbol of deception in movies. And ENTJs aren't the best at deception. Organizing, authority, long term planning yes. But not so much at deception. INTJs on the otherhand are as deceptive as it gets - for the better or the worst. (Mostly for the best, but in movies it is always for the worst.)

I have to admit if you contrast him with Yoda he was more of a 'put this into practice' type of person. Whereas Yoda most definitely was one to ponder.

That could very well be him secondary Te. We only see Palpatine's perspective from his actions. It is crucial for the movies to keep his perspectives hidden, to create the mystery of the character thus the thrill.

He is an INTJ as it gets.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That doesn't prove he is ENTJ. Infact that could very well be INTJ.

Sometimes it is best to go with Jung terms to type a person (I, N, P, J etc) rather than typing him on MBTI terms - Te, Ni, Fe etc.

Focusing on this part of your post - and ignoring the fact that you confused Jungian with MBTI nomenclature - sometimes it is best to look at type descriptions. Either Jungian or MBTI will do.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTJ.html
ENTJ - "ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people. [Palpatine attacking Mace Windu without a moment's hesitation.]

ENTJs are very career-focused, and fit into the corporate world quite naturally. They are constantly scanning their environment for potential problems which they can turn into solutions. They generally see things from a long-range perspective, and are usually successful at identifying plans to turn problems around - especially problems of a corporate nature. ENTJs are usually successful in the business world, because they are so driven to leadership. They're tireless in their efforts on the job, and driven to visualize where an organization is headed. For these reasons, they are natural corporate leaders. [Palpatine visualized the need for a clone army 10 years before actual needing one.]

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency." [I don't see Palpatine as having much patience with incompetence and inefficiency, although I imagine you will see it - just because.]

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html
"INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others. [Palpatine had high expectations of others.]

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. [Palpatine was not focused on observing the world, but controlling it.] Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. [Palpatine shows no indication of drawing associations about the world.] They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. [Palpatine was more interested in applying the ways of the dark force, not studying it like a scientist or bookworm.]

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists."

The archetypes of the INTJ vs. ENTJ suggest that palpatine was not the scientist type, but rather the natural-born leader type. ENTJ.

[edit - fixed.]