• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Palpatine

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possibility the weirdest of all the Star Wars type calls is that of Emperor Palpatine being an INTJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Palpatine: INTJ 6w5 Sp/So.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Darth Sidious is the ultimate Mastermind, behind only the Ultimate Architect Darth Revan.
Darth Sidous - INTJ 5w4
Darth Revan - INTP 5w6

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w6 (maybe even 5w4), not 6w5

wookieepedia said:
Plagueis manipulated Palpatine's fear and hatred of his father, until his protégé committed patricide and murdered his entire family.

Palpatine was afraid by authorities figures and was driven to get more and more power to overcome his fear and feel powerful. Also, he has a compliant, affable, mellow and maternalistic style that 5s don't have.

[youtube=W0TFVILS2dg]Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious[/youtube]

At 1.39, youy can see how Palpatine is flippant and coward. Though his behavior at the beggining of the video is more counterphobic, assertively facing the opponents.

2136554451_1_5.jpg

pope_1367673c.jpg

250px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Palpatine is extremely similar with the other INTJ 6w5 Sp/So Benedict XVI. Also with the ENTJ 6w5 Sp/So Dick Cheney. Palpatine is an evil politician and overlord, such as Dick Cheney tend to be.

Dick Cheney said:
"Principle is okay up to a certain point, but principle doesn't do any good if you lose."

Very similar with the Palpatine's way to consider life.

He's also similar with the ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So Richard Nixon, Palpatine was initially inpired from Nixon, and also Hitler, another 6w5, who had the same problem of fear/rebellion toward the parental figure when he was young.

But he is too much openly warm and projecting a public image to be a 5, he has too much strong reactions about things. He is on the reactive triad, not the withdrawing triad.

wookieepedia said:
Despite his exceptional skills in lightsaber combat and his mastery of the dark side, Palpatine was no less susceptible to fear, one of the primary emotions of the dark side, than any other Sith. Contrary to Darth Bane's strict belief that the Apprentice must prove his worthiness by striking down the Master in open combat, Palpatine chose to murder his Master, Darth Plagueis in his sleep, rather than confront him directly. In an effort to gain Anakin Skywalker's sympathy, Palpatine appeared to cower before Windu, which may have been out of both practicality and desperation due to such a calculated risk. Nevertheless, he only attacked Mace Windu after the Jedi Master had been disarmed and rendered helpless by Skywalker.

After his ascension as Emperor, Palpatine displayed visible fear after being attacked by a powerful Force push from Yoda. He attempted to flee rather than fight, and only confronted Yoda when he appeared to have no other choice in the matter.
During the battle over Coruscant, General Grievous considered Palpatine a coward when deducing that the Chancellor was hiding under the consoles while Grievous's battle droids fought Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Invisible Hand. However Grievous did not know that Palpatine was actually Darth Sidious.

Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life. Before his death, Mace Windu sensed Palpatine's fear and believed that it was the cause of the Sith Lord's defeat.[19] Many years later, Luke Skywalker also detected the same traces of fear that resided with Palpatine, as it did inside all who adhered to the Dark side of the Force. Fear ultimately proved to be Palpatine's achilles' heel as it caused him to constantly plot and devise schemes against his enemies, which ultimately lead to the unexpected creation of the Rebel Alliance and the eventual downfall of his empire.

Palpatine is a 6!

also, I lean INFJ as opposed to INTJ (he has really good Fe and persuasion skills)

That's in part why he's not a 5. INFJ 5 are not like this. But as opposed to Dooku who was a true idealist, and a true INFJ, Palpatine's decision process is guided by rationality only, not by idealism or collective values.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Palpatine was afraid by authorities figures and was driven to get more and more power to overcome his fear and feel powerful. Also, he has a compliant, affable, mellow and maternalistic style that 5s don't have.

[youtube=W0TFVILS2dg]Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious[/youtube]

At 1.39, youy can see how Palpatine is flippant and coward. Though his behavior at the beggining of the video is more counterphobic, assertively facing the opponents.

2136554451_1_5.jpg

pope_1367673c.jpg

250px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Palpatine is extremely similar with the other INTJ 6w5 Sp/So Benedict XVI. Also with the ENTJ 6w5 Sp/So Dick Cheney. Palpatine is an evil politician and overlord, such as Dick Cheney tend to be.

Very similar with the Palpatine's way to consider life.

He's also similar with the ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So Richard Nixon, Palpatine was initially inpired from Nixon, and also Hitler, another 6w5, who had the same problem of fear/rebellion toward the parental figure when he was young.

But he is too much openly warm and projecting a public image to be a 5, he has too much strong reactions about things. He is on the reactive triad, not the withdrawing triad.

Palpatine is a 6!

That's in part why he's not a 5. INFJ 5 are not like this. But as opposed to Dooku who was a true idealist, and a true INFJ, Palpatine's decision process is guided by rationality only, not by idealism or collective values.

LOL

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
okay, this convinced me.

Despite his exceptional skills in lightsaber combat and his mastery of the dark side, Palpatine was no less susceptible to fear, one of the primary emotions of the dark side, than any other Sith. Contrary to Darth Bane's strict belief that the Apprentice must prove his worthiness by striking down the Master in open combat, Palpatine chose to murder his Master, Darth Plagueis in his sleep, rather than confront him directly. In an effort to gain Anakin Skywalker's sympathy, Palpatine appeared to cower before Windu, which may have been out of both practicality and desperation due to such a calculated risk. Nevertheless, he only attacked Mace Windu after the Jedi Master had been disarmed and rendered helpless by Skywalker.

After his ascension as Emperor, Palpatine displayed visible fear after being attacked by a powerful Force push from Yoda. He attempted to flee rather than fight, and only confronted Yoda when he appeared to have no other choice in the matter. During the battle over Coruscant, General Grievous considered Palpatine a coward when deducing that the Chancellor was hiding under the consoles while Grievous's battle droids fought Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Invisible Hand. However Grievous did not know that Palpatine was actually Darth Sidious.

Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life. Before his death, Mace Windu sensed Palpatine's fear and believed that it was the cause of the Sith Lord's defeat.[19] Many years later, Luke Skywalker also detected the same traces of fear that resided with Palpatine, as it did inside all who adhered to the Dark side of the Force. Fear ultimately proved to be Palpatine's achilles' heel as it caused him to constantly plot and devise schemes against his enemies, which ultimately lead to the unexpected creation of the Rebel Alliance and the eventual downfall of his empire.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay, this convinced me.

Other types, such as 8s, don't feel fear?

"Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life."

It looks like hiding was an act to disguise his true identity as a Sith Lord.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, he has a compliant, affable, mellow and maternalistic style that 5s don't have.

I'm not advocating a particular enneagram type for him, but these traits are about as opposite from Palpatine as you can get. He's only pretending to be a mentor/people-person type as a facade to the world (galaxy)--in reality, he's obsessed with making other people bend to his will for his own selfish reasons without any regard to the havoc he wreaks on everyone else's lives.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Other types, such as 8s, don't feel fear?

"Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life."

It looks like hiding was an act to disguise his true identity as a Sith Lord.

His fear was real, and 8s are not coward. Read the enitire post.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not advocating a particular enneagram type for him, but these traits are about as opposite from Palpatine as you can get. He's only pretending to be a mentor/people-person type as a facade to the world (galaxy)--in reality, he's obsessed with making other people bend to his will for his own selfish reasons without any regard to the havoc he wreaks on everyone else's lives.

Palpatine was not a truly good guy, but that doesn't matter. Palpatine sacrifies his personal life for social ambition, something that a 5 would not do.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a pretty traditional INTJ-mold villain.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Then I'm advocating for 8w7. Whodathunk that a manipulative, power-crazed dictator would be an 8? Unhealthy, of course.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a pretty traditional INTJ-mold villain.

I don't know what "INTJ-mold villain" means. But the INTJs I've known were kind of nerdy. And the INTJ title at personalitypages is "The Scientist." So perhaps someone is thinking of the Evil Scientist stereotype.

ENTJ, however, is a perfect fit for Palpatine due to such things as the far-reaching idea of ordering a clone army years in advance of the time when he will need them, without even a clue that he would someday, somehow reach that point in his subtle machinations.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what "INTJ-mold villain" means. But the INTJs I've known were kind of nerdy. And the INTJ title at personalitypages is "The Scientist." So perhaps someone is thinking of the Evil Scientist stereotype.

That may be, but I doubt you've ever met anyone of any type who is that much like the Emperor.

Depending on the specifics, I think you'd see INTPs more in the "mad scientist" group (for example Dr. Frankenstein, Herbert West from Re-Animator or the Scarecrow from Batman). It's different if the character is building something they have a practical idea what they want to do with it, something that will give them power and control. That could be INTJ.

I find the "INTJ-villain" is pretty common, and can sometimes be a result of lazy writing. A disproportionate number of Bond villains are INTJ, and a lot of comic book villains are too (Dr Doom, Lex Luthor in some interpretations, often Magneto, Darkseid or Apocalypse, etc). Scar from Lion King plays as INTJ., as are Jafar and Judge Frollo. Hannibal Lecter. Sauron. Light Yagami. You see a lot of "big plan take over the world"-style villains cast as INTJs. It seems to me whenever you see a fairly generic villain who just wants to gain power for himself through some duplicitous scheme, he's usually INTJ (sometimes ENTJ).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then I'm advocating for 8w7. Whodathunk that a manipulative, power-crazed dictator would be an 8? Unhealthy, of course.

Was Hitler a 8w7?

Manipulative power-crazed dictator are not necessarly 8w7. Fear is not 8w7 Achille's hell, but it is the one of the 6s. Palpatine is 6w5 evil ùanipulative politican, just like Hitler, Nixon or Dick Cheney.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That may be, but I doubt you've ever met anyone of any type who is that much like the Emperor.

Depending on the specifics, I think you'd see INTPs more in the "mad scientist" group (for example Dr. Frankenstein, Herbert West from Re-Animator or the Scarecrow from Batman). It's different if the character is building something they have a practical idea what they want to do with it, something that will give them power and control. That could be INTJ.

I find the "INTJ-villain" is pretty common, and can sometimes be a result of lazy writing. A disproportionate number of Bond villains are INTJ, and a lot of comic book villains are too (Dr Doom, Lex Luthor in some interpretations, often Magneto, Darkseid or Apocalypse, etc). Scar from Lion King plays as INTJ., as are Jafar and Judge Frollo. Hannibal Lecter. Sauron. Light Yagami. You see a lot of "big plan take over the world"-style villains cast as INTJs. It seems to me whenever you see a fairly generic villain who just wants to gain power for himself through some duplicitous scheme, he's usually INTJ (sometimes ENTJ).

You forgot to mention Stewie.

I intended to distinguish "mad scientist" from "evil scientist." Reanimating a dead person is mad scientist, reanimating a zombie army to help take over the worid is evil scientist. I don't see Palpatine as either of those tropes.