User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 197

Thread: Palpatine

  1. #81
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Would you agree though that this does NOT sound like Anakin Skywalker, despite how many people type him as an 8?
    He has the authority issues of a 6. In the last movie his level of deterioration was around 7 or 8.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    He has the authority issues of a 6. In the last movie his level of deterioration was around 7 or 8.
    I heard before that 5s in healthy states revert to 8 behavior and in unhealthy states revert to 7 behavior, although I seriously doubt anakin is a 5.

  3. #83
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    6s have authority issues because they fear authorities. Anakin is not afraid by anybody. He's convinced he can be a master and deserve to be one, that he can kill Ob-Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, Dooky and even Palpatine easily. 6s project their strength on people, Anakin clearly project his weakness on people and think he is a protector who deserve and must have he maximal power. Therefore he is truly a 8.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #84
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I heard before that 5s in healthy states revert to 8 behavior and in unhealthy states revert to 7 behavior, although I seriously doubt anakin is a 5.
    The types can move backward or forward along the arrows for any reason.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

  5. #85
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s have authority issues because they fear authorities. Anakin is not afraid by anybody.
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeSix.asp
    "The reason Sixes are so loyal to others is that they do not want to be abandoned and left without support—their Basic Fear. Thus, the central issue for type Six is a failure of self-confidence. Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges."

    This perfectly describes Anakin's fear of not being able to save Padme from the fate prophesied in his nightmares. And then, in typical fashion, his belief that he cannot save Padme became a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

  6. #86
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    Mal, you're on my ignore list.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #87
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeSix.asp
    "The reason Sixes are so loyal to others is that they do not want to be abandoned and left without support—their Basic Fear. Thus, the central issue for type Six is a failure of self-confidence. Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges."

    This perfectly describes Anakin's fear of not being able to save Padme from the fate prophesied in his nightmares. And then, in typical fashion, his belief that he cannot save Padme became a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others. That's projecting your weakness on the others, the projection of Type 8.

    And Anakin is actually overly confident in his power, judging that he only have to unleash himself from rules to release all his potential. Therefore he is a 8, not a 6.

    That was your lesson of the day. Go for your howework.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #88
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others. That's projecting your weakness on the others, the projection of Type 8.

    And Anakin is actually overly confident in his power, judging that he only have to unleash himself from rules to release all his potential. Therefore he is a 8, not a 6.

    That was your lesson of the day. Go for your howework.
    I don't have housework. "6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others" makes no sense from the perspective of 6s, who want to protect their source of security in another person, a group, or an ideology. The dark side provided Anakin with that sense of security and the "internal resources to handle life’s challenges."
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

  9. #89
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't have housework. "6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others" makes no sense from the perspective of 6s, who want to protect their source of security in another person, a group, or an ideology. The dark side provided Anakin with that sense of security and the "internal resources to handle life’s challenges."

    You don't understand.


    Anakin have never doubted of his ability to meet his own life's challenge. He always considered himself as a strong person protecting the weak, and always considered himaslef as stronger than the authority. Therefore he is a Protector -8-, not a Loyalist -6-. 8s are very concerned about their closed ones and want to protect them.If they fail to do it, they criticize themselves extremely. 8s, like Anakin, are afraid for peoples, and deny their own weakness. 6s are afraid by people, and deny their own strength. So you are wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #90
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You don't understand.


    Anakin have never doubted of his ability to meet his own life's challenge. He always considered himself as a strong person protecting the weak, and always considered himaslef as stronger than the authority. Therefore he is a Protector -8-, not a Loyalist -6-. 8s are very concerned about their closed ones and want to protect them.If they fail to do it, they criticize themselves extremely. 8s, like Anakin, are afraid for peoples, and deny their own weakness. 6s are afraid by people, and deny their own strength. So you are wrong.
    "Strong person protecting the weak" is a 6 trait on the healthy levels.

    I'm not saying that Anakin considered himself weak. Heaven forbid! Indeed, he considered himself a match for any foe except death itself, because he is "afraid of being afraid." The problems started with Padme, and his inability to prevent her eventual fate which he foresaw. But even before that, Anakin was a rebel against authority.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts