User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 197

Thread: Palpatine

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Was Hitler a 8w7?

    Manipulative power-crazed dictator are not necessarly 8w7. Fear is not 8w7 Achille's hell, but it is the one of the 6s. Palpatine is 6w5 evil ùanipulative politican, just like Hitler, Nixon or Dick Cheney.
    I don't see Hitler as a Palpatine or vice versa. Hitler's strength lie in his speeches. He was a talker. Palpatine could actually fight. He only played the coward (like Clark Kent) in order to disguise the fact that he was a Sith Lord.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #22
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't see Hitler as a Palpatine or vice versa. Hitler's strength lie in his speeches. He was a talker. Palpatine could actually fight. He only played the coward (like Clark Kent) in order to disguise the fact that he was a Sith Lord.

    Palpatine has strength in speeches too. When he talks, the whole senate just listent him and nod. And he his actually coward in fight, as it is explained in the quotes I posted.

    Elfboy is inteligent enough to see his mistake and understand. Why couldn't you be?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  3. #23
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Palpatine has strength in speeches too. When he talks, the whole senate just listent him and nod. And he his actually coward in fight, as it is explained in the quotes I posted.

    Elfboy is inteligent enough to see his mistake and understand. Why couldn't you be?
    That last is called "Argument from Intimidation." I'm supposed to be convinced, not by your argument, but by this idea that I don't want to be branded as "unintelligent," or at least "not as intelligent as Elfboy."

    Yes I know Palpatine can give a speech - a poor and obviously deceptive one. But speech-giving is not where his strength lies.

    As usual, you are pointing to some minor characteristics of people and not to their strengths. The fact that Palpatine gave a speech does not make him a Hitler personality type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #24
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

    Yes I know Palpatine can give a speech - a poor and obviously deceptive one. But speech-giving is not where his strength lies.
    Palpatine is Sp/So, Hitler was Sx/So. So the first is poor and deceptive in his speech, the second is charismatic, magnetic and passionate.

    However, I never said that speech was his main strenght, but it's not especially the strength of 8s either. And fear/cowardice is his main Achille's Heels, which mean hat he is a 6, not a 8.

    As usual, you are pointing to some minor characteristics
    I'am pointing the main characteristics.

    of people and not to their strengths.
    Palpatine has not the 8's strenght, and have weakness that 8s hardly have, therefore he is not 8.

    The fact that Palpatine gave a speech does not make him a Hitler personality type.
    No, but I explaine the reason of their difference, the key common characteristic is a combination of fear and hatred of the parental figure.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Palpatine is Sp/So, Hitler was Sx/So. So the first is poor and deceptive in his speech, the second is charismatic, magnetic and passionate.

    However, I never said that speech was his main strenght, but it's not especially the strength of 8s either. And fear/cowardice is his main Achille's Heels, which mean hat he is a 6, not a 8.



    I'am pointing the main characteristics.



    Palpatine has not the 8's strenght, and have weakness that 8s hardly have, therefore he is not 8.



    No, but I explaine the reason of their difference, the key common characteristic is a combination of fear and hatred of the parental figure.
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typeeight.asp
    "When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), self-confident Eights suddenly become secretive and fearful at Five." This aptly describes Palpatine's deceitfulness the whole time he was plotting to become Emperor.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #26
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typeeight.asp
    "When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), self-confident Eights suddenly become secretive and fearful at Five." This aptly describes Palpatine's deceitfulness the whole time he was plotting to become Emperor.

    Bullshit. Any type can feel fear. But fear is not the Type 8 Achille's Heels. But it is of 6. So, Palpatine is 6, not 8. It's you who refuse to look at the dominant trait of Palpatine, not me.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Bullshit.
    My, that is a compelling argument!

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Any type can feel fear. But fear is not the Type 8 Achille's Heels. But it is of 6. So, Palpatine is 6, not 8. It's you who refuse to look at the dominant trait of Palpatine, not me.
    I didn't say that fear was Palpatine's Achille's Heel. I've only said that it is his Stress Point as well as part of a Clark Kent act he put on for disguising the fact that he is a Sith Lord.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #28
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    I see the stereotypical archetypes of what people believe an INTJ to be in the characterisation of Palpatine, but do I see the functions of one? Not really.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I see the stereotypical archetypes of what people believe an INTJ to be in the characterisation of Palpatine, but do I see the functions of one? Not really.
    Palpatine put Te first. Ni was only used for plotting purposes, as in thinking so far ahead as to order a clone army years in advance of needing one. His lifestyle was definitely not Ni, but Te. Ni was only a support function for his Te lifestyle.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #30
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    [QUOTE=Mal+;1848168]

    I didn't say that fear was Palpatine's Achille's Heel. [quote]

    But that's what said the link from the Star Wars Encyclopedia that I posted. Which proves that you are wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Emperor Palpatine?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO