MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    okay, this convinced me.
    Other types, such as 8s, don't feel fear?

"Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life."

It looks like hiding was an act to disguise his true identity as a Sith Lord.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Also, he has a compliant, affable, mellow and maternalistic style that 5s don't have.
    I'm not advocating a particular enneagram type for him, but these traits are about as opposite from Palpatine as you can get. He's only pretending to be a mentor/people-person type as a facade to the world (galaxy)--in reality, he's obsessed with making other people bend to his will for his own selfish reasons without any regard to the havoc he wreaks on everyone else's lives.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Other types, such as 8s, don't feel fear?

"Since Palpatine was in no position to reveal his Sith identity until the right time, he was forced to refrain from using his Force powers to protect himself while in an extremely dangerous situation that presented considerable risk to his life."

It looks like hiding was an act to disguise his true identity as a Sith Lord.
    His fear was real, and 8s are not coward. Read the enitire post.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    I'm not advocating a particular enneagram type for him, but these traits are about as opposite from Palpatine as you can get. He's only pretending to be a mentor/people-person type as a facade to the world (galaxy)--in reality, he's obsessed with making other people bend to his will for his own selfish reasons without any regard to the havoc he wreaks on everyone else's lives.
    Palpatine was not a truly good guy, but that doesn't matter. Palpatine sacrifies his personal life for social ambition, something that a 5 would not do.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a pretty traditional INTJ-mold villain.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Then I'm advocating for 8w7. Whodathunk that a manipulative, power-crazed dictator would be an 8? Unhealthy, of course.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I thought pretty much everyone agreed he was a pretty traditional INTJ-mold villain.
    I don't know what "INTJ-mold villain" means. But the INTJs I've known were kind of nerdy. And the INTJ title at personalitypages is "The Scientist." So perhaps someone is thinking of the Evil Scientist stereotype.

ENTJ, however, is a perfect fit for Palpatine due to such things as the far-reaching idea of ordering a clone army years in advance of the time when he will need them, without even a clue that he would someday, somehow reach that point in his subtle machinations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know what "INTJ-mold villain" means. But the INTJs I've known were kind of nerdy. And the INTJ title at personalitypages is "The Scientist." So perhaps someone is thinking of the Evil Scientist stereotype.
    That may be, but I doubt you've ever met anyone of any type who is that much like the Emperor.

Depending on the specifics, I think you'd see INTPs more in the "mad scientist" group (for example Dr. Frankenstein, Herbert West from Re-Animator or the Scarecrow from Batman). It's different if the character is building something they have a practical idea what they want to do with it, something that will give them power and control. That could be INTJ.

I find the "INTJ-villain" is pretty common, and can sometimes be a result of lazy writing. A disproportionate number of Bond villains are INTJ, and a lot of comic book villains are too (Dr Doom, Lex Luthor in some interpretations, often Magneto, Darkseid or Apocalypse, etc). Scar from Lion King plays as INTJ., as are Jafar and Judge Frollo. Hannibal Lecter. Sauron. Light Yagami. You see a lot of "big plan take over the world"-style villains cast as INTJs. It seems to me whenever you see a fairly generic villain who just wants to gain power for himself through some duplicitous scheme, he's usually INTJ (sometimes ENTJ).
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Then I'm advocating for 8w7. Whodathunk that a manipulative, power-crazed dictator would be an 8? Unhealthy, of course.
    Was Hitler a 8w7?

Manipulative power-crazed dictator are not necessarly 8w7. Fear is not 8w7 Achille's hell, but it is the one of the 6s. Palpatine is 6w5 evil ùanipulative politican, just like Hitler, Nixon or Dick Cheney.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    That may be, but I doubt you've ever met anyone of any type who is that much like the Emperor.

Depending on the specifics, I think you'd see INTPs more in the "mad scientist" group (for example Dr. Frankenstein, Herbert West from Re-Animator or the Scarecrow from Batman). It's different if the character is building something they have a practical idea what they want to do with it, something that will give them power and control. That could be INTJ.

I find the "INTJ-villain" is pretty common, and can sometimes be a result of lazy writing. A disproportionate number of Bond villains are INTJ, and a lot of comic book villains are too (Dr Doom, Lex Luthor in some interpretations, often Magneto, Darkseid or Apocalypse, etc). Scar from Lion King plays as INTJ., as are Jafar and Judge Frollo. Hannibal Lecter. Sauron. Light Yagami. You see a lot of "big plan take over the world"-style villains cast as INTJs. It seems to me whenever you see a fairly generic villain who just wants to gain power for himself through some duplicitous scheme, he's usually INTJ (sometimes ENTJ).
    You forgot to mention Stewie.

I intended to distinguish "mad scientist" from "evil scientist." Reanimating a dead person is mad scientist, reanimating a zombie army to help take over the worid is evil scientist. I don't see Palpatine as either of those tropes.