Thread: Palpatine

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It's the 6 which is the Thinking type and the 8 who is the Guts type. You make my point and you fail again.
    You are forgetting that the 6 is only superficially a thinking type. The type in the middle of a center represses the energies of that center. Anakin's non-6 behaviors are found at 3, his point of disintegration for his type. Palpatine's 8 is deteriorated to 5. That doesn't mean Palpatine is an thinking type either, only that he is given to plotting.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

6s are at the center of the Thinking triad, which mean that they have the potential to think with maestria, as well as they can supress thier thinking ability. So, 6s can be Mastermind, and Palpatine is one. However, I've ever explained why Anakin is 8 and Palpatine is 6, that doesn't need to be discussed anymore.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

6s are at the center of the Thinking triad, which mean that they have the potential to think with maestria, as well as they can supress thier thinking ability. So, 6s can be Mastermind, and Palpatine is one. However, I've ever explained why Anakin is 8 and Palpatine is 6, that doesn't need to be discussed anymore.
    Even if that's true (which it isn't), theoretical possibilities mean nothing here. I'm talking about real characters, not theories.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Even if that's true (which it isn't),
    Prove it.

I'm you are talking about real characters, not theories.

Fixed.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Prove it.
    The thinking ABILITY is not repressed, the thinking CENTER is repressed. You said ABILITY.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The thinking ability is resides in the thinking center. 6 repress the thinking center, and then the thinking ability, but also have a preference for the thinking center and then the thinking ability.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The thinking ability is resides in the thinking center. 6 repress the thinking center, and then the thinking ability, but also have a preference for the thinking center and then the thinking ability.
    If you think to pull a miracle save out of your ass, you failed. The thinking center has nothing to do with ability.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

A preference for the use of one center lean to an ability. Enneagram authors frequently speak and write about the prodigious intelligence that 6s frequently have, and that Head Types frequently have as a general rule.

You still have not proved anything.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

A preference for the use of one center lean to an ability. Enneagram authors frequently speak and write about the prodigious intelligence that 6s frequently have, and that Head Types frequently have as a general rule.

You still have not proved anything.
    All I can prove is that the evidence points in a certain direction, and it points toward Anakin being a 6 and Palpatine being an 8. It's all there in my posts.

That's nice that their intelligence is prodigious. However, with 6s you're looking at a Head type that develops a certain amount of smarts in an effort to calm anxiety which comes from - self-doubt. This self-doubt is the intellectual repression characteristic of the type in the middle of the thinking triad.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Anakin has not self-doubt. He is cocksure.

There's no evidence in your posts. However, the evidence is that Anakin doesn't fear anybody and see himself as a protector, while Palpatine is fearful and strategic/ Anakin is 8, Palpatine is 6. You can't argue againt that. End of the story.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%