Thread: Palpatine

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You just said that 6 and 8 can both be agressive, but you did not explain how theses two types differ to each other. I explained how they differ, and Anakin is a 8.

Your feebles skills can't match with me.
    I linked you to an entire page describing the differences. They can both be aggressive AT LEVEL 6. This is nothing new, the same info appears in Personality Types.

I have decided that this is the main difference in archetypal terms -

Type 8 is the authoritarian Boss type; type 6 is the anti-authoritarian Rebel type.

According to that page (and Jennifer explained this also), the Type 6 has problems with controlling impulses, the type 8 on the other hand is in control of him or herself at all times. The type 8 does not lash out wildly. The type 8 does not force-choke anybody out of impulse. The type 8 has a plan and sticks to it, even if that plan is murderous. The type 6, at that level, has lost control.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I linked you to an entire page describing the differences. They can both be aggressive AT LEVEL 6. This is nothing new, the same info appears in Personality Types.

I have decided that this is the main difference in archetypal terms -

Type 8 is the authoritarian Boss type; type 6 is the anti-authoritarian Rebel type.

According to that page (and Jennifer explained this also), the Type 6 has problems with controlling impulses, the type 8 on the other hand is in control of him or herself at all times. The type 8 does not lash out wildly. The type 8 does not force-choke anybody out of impulse. The type 8 has a plan and sticks to it, even if that plan is murderous. The type 6, at that level, has lost control.
    Are there some phobic 6s that are traditionalists and some counter-phobic 6s that are rebels, or can they be both?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

8s are anti-authoritarians and rebels too.

You did not prove anything.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

8s are anti-authoritarians and rebels too.

You did not prove anything.
    No they are not, they are the authority not the anti-authoritarian rebel. Come meet my boss and then explain to me in what way he is anti-authority.

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses" describes Anakin toward the end.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Are there some phobic 6s that are traditionalists and some counter-phobic 6s that are rebels, or can they be both?
    Counter-phobics such as Anakin are far more likely to lash out against authority. Phobics keep their aggressive impulsives internalized.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

No they are not, they are the authority not the anti-authoritarian rebel.
    Anakin is pretty at ease in authority roles. Watch the animated serie Clones Wars.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Palmer
    If 8s are in a subordonate position, they will minimize the power that the authority have on them. They'll push the limits of the rules.
    6s rebel against authority, 8s are stronger than the authority. That's Anakin, and he is not afraid by anyone, that's his focus, always, not only at the end of the movie.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Anakin is pretty at ease in authority roles. Watch the animated serie Clones Wars.
    I'm not interested in animated series or comic books, thanks anyway. So what if Anakin takes the leadership role in a cartoon. You're so involved in your fantasy world that you forget these aren't real people, and that their characters are written by different people.

Also:
    Yes?

6s rebel against authority, 8s are stronger than the authority. That's Anakin, and he is not afraid by anyone, that's his focus, always, not only at the end of the movie.
    Anakin is self-deluded by the end of the movie. He brags that he can take Palpatine, but he can't even take Obi-wan.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but if we work together perhaps we can discover the secret.
    Palpatine to Anakin

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but if we work together perhaps we can discover the secret.
    Palpatine to Anakin
    He certainly cheated death, didn't he.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

He certainly cheated death, didn't he.
    He gave Anakin a false promise like the demons do to serve his own selfish ends when in reality he had no idea what he was talking about.