User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 197

Thread: Palpatine

  1. #121
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Darth Vader is cnnected to 5 and then is premiditating. Anakin is not, ans is impulsive and reckless like a 8, never spend time thinking.
    No, he thinks and worries. He's just so reactive and touchy with his Fi that he likes to jump into action to fix the problem as fast as he can.

    Also, remember, Anakin is Sx-dom, and if he is an Sx-dom 6, he is likely to be counterphobic. Counterphobic 6s often look like 8s on the surface level.

    6s need protection. Anakin protect people and don't find any need to be protected. 8.
    He sought protection from the Dark Side and power, because he was afraid of bad things happening. Why do you think he went to Palpatine for reassurance? Why would he so easily manipulated, if he was an 8? 8s have a radar for manipulation, and I highly doubt they'd go that long without sensing it.

    6s seek protection showing their loyalty. Not by having power.
    Says whom? This is just one way of seeking protection. Power is another way.

    Also, living in a violent and chaotic galaxy like that, being loyal can only get you so far. Power is far more efficient in that situation.

    And he certainly was loyal to those close to him and even with the Jedi up to a certain point until he felt betrayed by them, and he had an internal struggle with whether being loyal to the Jedi and Obi-Wan or to Sidious and the Dark Side, which approve of strong attachment.

    Again, you ignore the facts and speculate on what was tryed to be conveyed without any evidence. You try to invent a new reality, hoping that we believe it istead of face the reality and admit that you are wrong.
    What facts have I ignored? I've watch the movie multiple times (facts, evidence), and this is what seems clear to me.

    This is all just a matter of interpretation.

    He feels more powerful than anybody. It's just not enough for him. But he is convinced that he has the potential to be all-powerful. The emperor is just there to make him realease that potential, and he think he can kill him whenever he wants. So, yes, he is a 8.
    The whole reason why he joined the Emperor at first was out of fear of losing Padme (plus, he had come to trust Palpatine over the years when he was being manipulated by him).
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  2. #122
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    No, he thinks and worries. He's just so reactive and touchy with his Fi that he likes to jump into action to fix the problem as fast as he can.

    Also, remember, Anakin is Sx-dom, and if he is an Sx-dom 6, he is likely to be counterphobic. Counterphobic 6s often look like 8s on the surface level.
    True, and the 6w5 becomes 8-like at a certain level of dysfunction.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #123
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here to spark debate (or try to, anyway):

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeSix.asp
    "The reason Sixes are so loyal to others is that they do not want to be abandoned and left without support—their Basic Fear. Thus, the central issue for type Six is a failure of self-confidence. Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges."

    This perfectly describes Anakin's fear of not being able to save Padme from the fate prophesied in his nightmares. And then, in typical fashion, his belief that he cannot save Padme became a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Where do you see fear of abandonment in Anakin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't have housework. "6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others" makes no sense from the perspective of 6s, who want to protect their source of security in another person, a group, or an ideology. The dark side provided Anakin with that sense of security and the "internal resources to handle life’s challenges."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "Strong person protecting the weak" is a 6 trait on the healthy levels.

    I'm not saying that Anakin considered himself weak. Heaven forbid! Indeed, he considered himself a match for any foe except death itself, because he is "afraid of being afraid." The problems started with Padme, and his inability to prevent her eventual fate which he foresaw. But even before that, Anakin was a rebel against authority.
    "Strong protecting the weak" is common in many healthy types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    (Watches movie...)

    Nope, Anakin looks like a 6 deteriorating to 3. He is over-compensating for a disintegrating lack of self-confidence and eventually resorting to psychopathic behavior.
    How is he over-compensating?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    He's so self-confident that he went over to the dark side looking for help. Yeah right.
    It's not impossible for 8s to go look for help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    And if you'll listen more closely, Anakin does not sound sure about being able to defeat the Chancellor. "I..I can overthrow him."
    No, he's 100% confident when he says that.

    Anakin was a bit of a rebellious teenager, but, for the most part, I think he was just trying to contain his wild instincts. He tries to respect authority and fit into the Jedi mold, but he's just not cut out for it.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #124
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here to spark debate (or try to, anyway):
    I'll take this as a test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Where do you see fear of abandonment in Anakin?

    Padme's abandonment of Anakin is her dying in childbirth. Anakin does not understand that death is a transformation and not an ending. His perceptions are all in black-and-white terms, as Obi-wan stated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    "Strong protecting the weak" is common in many healthy types.
    It's not, actually. Would you like to specify some healthy types who champion or protect the weak?



    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    How is he over-compensating?
    Anakin is over-compensating for a lack of self-confidence by acting more powerful than he really is, like some guy with a tiny dick buying a jacked-up truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    It's not impossible for 8s to go look for help.
    Straw man. I'm not looking at what's possible for a person outside of the typological sphere, but at the range of possibilities within a type itself. But at the moment I'm looking at archetypes. Type 8 - wants power for it's own sake; type 6 - wants to be empowered to overcome certain obstacles, whatever they may be for that individual. At the healthy levels, the 6 has overcome these personal obstacles and seeks to help others with their own by championing their causes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    No, he's 100% confident when he says that.
    Sounding confident and being confident are two different things. Braggadocio, as in this case, only sounds confident. Observe that he couldn't even beat Obi-wan at the end of Revenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Anakin was a bit of a rebellious teenager, but, for the most part, I think he was just trying to contain his wild instincts. He tries to respect authority and fit into the Jedi mold, but he's just not cut out for it.
    These should have been trained out of him from a young age. I'm not sure where you're going with this question.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #125
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    No, he thinks and worries. He's just so reactive and touchy with his Fi that he likes to jump into action to fix the problem as fast as he can.
    Anakin rush into action lead by anger, not because he is afraid by someone.

    He sought protection from the Dark Side
    No. He sought protection for The oththers and don't feel the need of protection for himself. 8, not 6.

    And he certainly was loyal to those close to him and even with the Jedi up to a certain point until he felt betrayed by them, and he had an internal struggle with whether being loyal to the Jedi and Obi-Wan or to Sidious and the Dark Side, which approve of strong attachment.
    8s are loyals too, and hyperreactive too toward abiguity in loyalty. But the key difference is that they see them as protectors and don't feel the need to be protected by others. Therefore Ankin is 8 and not 6.


    This is all just a matter of interpretation.
    That's the problem. You interpret, byut you're interpretation are not based on facts bu your imaginaton only and don't make sense.



    The whole reason why he joined the Emperor at first was out of fear of losing Padme (plus, he had come to trust Palpatine over the years when he was being manipulated by him).
    Again, to preotect others, not to protect himself. 8, not 6.

    Learn
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  6. #126
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Anakin rush into action lead by anger, not because he is afraid by someone.



    No. He sought protection for The oththers and don't feel the need of protection for himself. 8, not 6.



    8s are loyals too, and hyperreactive too toward abiguity in loyalty. But the key difference is that they see them as protectors and don't feel the need to be protected by others. Therefore Ankin is 8 and not 6.




    That's the problem. You interpret, byut you're interpretation are not based on facts bu your imaginaton only and don't make sense.





    Again, to preotect others, not to protect himself. 8, not 6.

    Learn
    "To protect other not himself" doesn't mean he's an 8.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #127
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    That's one of the most crucial aspects of the Type 8.

    You havn't done your homework.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #128
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    That's one of the most crucial aspects of the Type 8.

    You havn't done your homework.
    Type 8 at what level of integration?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #129
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Every levels. That's one of the basic proposition which rule their life.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #130
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Every levels. That's one of the basic proposition which rule their life.
    I did my homework and that wasn't part of being the 8.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Emperor Palpatine?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO