User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 197

Thread: Palpatine

  1. #91
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    6s protecting the weak form an us-against-them alliance against a more powerful ennemy. He protect the weak, but consider himself as weak too. Anakin don't think that anybody is more powerful. And 6s applies to themselves the rules that they applies to others. Anakin, as a 8, don't feel any obligation to follow rules, not because he is rebellious against, since he is determined to serve in the Jedi order and for the Republic, but he simply consider himself above the rules, and that the others need rules and a strong protector like him.

    So he is a 8, not a 6. And yes, go for your homework because you obviously don't know your stuff, but act like if you did, which is both stupid and arrogant.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #92
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s protecting the weak form an us-against-them alliance against a more powerful ennemy. He protect the weak, but consider himself as weak too. Anakin don't think that anybody is more powerful. And 6s applies to themselves the rules that they applies to others. Anakin, as a 8, don't feel any obligation to follow rules, not because he is rebellious against, since he is determined to serve in the Jedi order and for the Republic, but he simply consider himself above the rules, and that the others need rules and a strong protector like him.

    So he is a 8, not a 6. And yes, go for your homework because you obviously don't know your stuff, but act like if you did, which is both stupid and arrogant.
    That sounds like something Anakin would say.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #93
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    That sounds like any smart guy would say.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Ever since I ressurected the Yoda thread it seems to have caused @Mal+ and @Speed Gavroche to have formed a most interesting relationship with each other... can they agree on anything lol

  5. #95
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ever since I ressurected the Yoda thread it seems to have caused @Mal+ and @Speed Gavroche to have formed a most interesting relationship with each other... can they agree on anything lol
    I have an authoritarian intellectual tone that 6s find quite disagreeable. It's like the relationship between type 6 Anakin and "smart guy" Obi-wan.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #96
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    That completely describes Darth Vader. Who is the type 8 Ankin disintegrated in 5.
    How so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    He has the authority issues of a 6. In the last movie his level of deterioration was around 7 or 8.
    At least someone agrees with me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s are afraid that they can't protect their own life not the life of others. That's projecting your weakness on the others, the projection of Type 8.
    8s, like Anakin, are afraid for peoples, and deny their own weakness. 6s are afraid by people, and deny their own strength. So you are wrong.
    No, that's bullshit. Remember, 6's (especially Sexual and Social 6s) are loyal to those close to them, so they ARE concerned for their well-being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Anakin have never doubted of his ability to meet his own life's challenge. He always considered himself as a strong person protecting the weak, and always considered himaslef as stronger than the authority. Therefore he is a Protector -8-, not a Loyalist -6-. 8s are very concerned about their closed ones and want to protect them.If they fail to do it, they criticize themselves extremely.
    And Anakin is actually overly confident in his power, judging that he only have to unleash himself from rules to release all his potential. Therefore he is a 8, not a 6.
    No, not really. It wasn't until he was twisted by Sidious and the Dark Side that he actually started to be overly confident. Before, he wanted to prove to himself that he was, but he didn't feel that way on the inside. He just wanted to come across like he did.

    Look at how he responded by not being able to save his mother. He was upset because he thought he had failed her. An 8 would not feel like he was so responsible for her death and would just get angry that he couldn't save her, not a sense of failure or dejection. He does blame Obi-Wan, but this is projection, the defense mechanism of the 6.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    6s protecting the weak form an us-against-them alliance against a more powerful ennemy. He protect the weak, but consider himself as weak too. Anakin don't think that anybody is more powerful. And 6s applies to themselves the rules that they applies to others. Anakin, as a 8, don't feel any obligation to follow rules, not because he is rebellious against, since he is determined to serve in the Jedi order and for the Republic, but he simply consider himself above the rules, and that the others need rules and a strong protector like him.

    So he is a 8, not a 6. And yes, go for your homework because you obviously don't know your stuff, but act like if you did, which is both stupid and arrogant.
    Actually, below-average and unhealthy 6s, especially Sexual ones, have a very "us-against-them" mentality, because they feel threatened. And he truly felt like was more powerful than anyone, then he would not feel persuaded by Palpatine to go to the Dark Side, because he would feel like he could save her himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I have an authoritarian intellectual tone that 6s find quite disagreeable. It's like the relationship between type 6 Anakin and "smart guy" Obi-wan.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  7. #97
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    How so?
    Watch the movie.

    At least someone agrees with me!
    So you are both wrong.


    No, that's bullshit. Remember, 6's (especially Sexual and Social 6s) are loyal to those close to them, so they ARE concerned for their well-being.
    6s are loyals because they expect to find protection and security in return. Anakin see himself as a protector and want more on more powe for this, but he don't see himself as vulnerable at all. 8, not 6.




    No, not really. It wasn't until he was twisted by Sidious and the Dark Side that he actually started to be overly confident. Before, he wanted to prove to himself that he was, but he didn't feel that way on the inside. He just wanted to come across like he did.
    That's idiot; Anakin have always been confident and arrogant.

    Look at how he responded by not being able to save his mother. He was upset because he thought he had failed her. An 8 would not feel like he was so responsible for her death and would just get angry that he couldn't save her, not a sense of failure or dejection. He does blame Obi-Wan, but this is projection, the defense mechanism of the 6.
    6s are loyals because they expect to find protection and security in return. Anakin see himself as a protector and want more on more power for this, but he don't see himself as vulnerable at all. 8, not 6.


    Actually, below-average and unhealthy 6s, especially Sexual ones, have a very "us-against-them" mentality, because they feel threatened. And he truly felt like was more powerful than anyone, then he would not feel persuaded by Palpatine to go to the Dark Side, because he would feel like he could save her himself.
    Anakin didn't felt that anyone was more powerful than him. 8.


    No.

    Obi-Wan is a true 6, him.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #98
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Watch the movie.

    Anakin didn't felt that anyone was more powerful than him. 8.
    (Watches movie...)

    Nope, Anakin looks like a 6 deteriorating to 3. He is over-compensating for a disintegrating lack of self-confidence and eventually resorting to psychopathic behavior.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #99
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Anakin doesn't lack of self-confidence. He is overly confident and project his weakness on people. Watch the show/learn more etc..
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  10. #100
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Anakin doesn't lack of self-confidence. He is overly confident and project his weakness on people. Watch the show/learn more etc..
    Over-compensating, more like.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Emperor Palpatine?
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO