• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Johnny Cash and June

martin87

MBTI Type
INTJ
Does anyone know what personality types Johnny and June were?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
moved from bonfire- interesting question!

martin87

MBTI Type
INTJ
Johnny Cash (pure guess here!) ENFP

Yes on stage and on drugs Johnny sure was an E. However he loved being alone and going out in the woods all by himself. Thats where he got most of his inspiration from. I would rather guess that June was an E and Johnny was an I.

Which one of the eight "I" types is the most successful in becoming loved by the general population? :p

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Actually I've heard that some type Cash as an ENTP. His later music to me, sounds ENTPish.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretty sure Cash was an ISTP. His voice is known to be "steady as a freight train and sharp as a razor". That's a pretty accurate description of an ISTP right there. Also if you've seen video footage of him, he comes across as ISTP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm going with either ESTP or ISTP.
He's more of an Artisan than a Rational or Idealist.

heart

heart on fire
Yes on stage and on drugs Johnny sure was an E. However he loved being alone and going out in the woods all by himself. Thats where he got most of his inspiration from. I would rather guess that June was an E and Johnny was an I.

Which one of the eight "I" types is the most successful in becoming loved by the general population? :p

Many of the ENFP here say they like spending time alone for inspiration and to think, I would imagine that came from being in good touch with Fi...not saying you aren't in the right here, just wondering what an ENFP would say about it.

His feeling does not feel Fe in his music and he doesn't seem at all like a J, but is is possible he could be ISTJ with very well developed Fi...the ISTJ innerself Si-Fi connection coming out in his music... but hey I am just offering my opinion.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought Johnny was ISTJ.

alicia91

Johnny - ISTP, June, not sure but in Walk the Line she came across as Guardian - ESFJ?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I recall a story about him that made me think "ISTJ".

After he got his first recording deal, he walked out of the studio, still totally broke, had a dime in his pocket and that was it. There was a homeless guy outside panhandling, and John said "I couldn't get food with it. I couldn't get cigarettes with it. So I gave it to HIM."

That to me is the generosity, decisiveness and tough-minded "That's the way it goes - The end" mentality of an ISTJ.

I could be wrong. :-\

June, I have no clue about. I do know that Johnny had a big crush on Jane Seymour and she always struck me as an SF, so I think June may be one too?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hard to say with Johnny due to all the drug use over the years. Seems definetely ISTx to me however. June probably ESFJ despite knowing little about her asides from Walk The Line.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
For an SJ he certainly did act a lot like an SP. ;)

Because he was. ISTP or ISFP are the only real choices for Cash. In "Walk the Line", which follows his autobiography “Man in Black”, he’s also clearly an ISP - I might lean a little towards ISFP. He’s definitely not a J.

June Carter was the J (ENFJ). You could see the J/P differences in their relationship.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why N for June? In Walk the Line she was ESFJ, but that's all I really know about her.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why N for June? In Walk the Line she was ESFJ, but that's all I really know about her.

Call it the N vibe. His first wife was the ESFJ, much more conventional/conservative, who wanted a “normal” life.

Mattman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cash is ISFP. Very Fi.

Interesting that Trent Reznor (Nine inch nails) is also ISFP. Johnny Cash covered the song "Hurt" shortly before his own death.