User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: The Avengers

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Alright, alright, everyone go ahead and ride me out on a rail but...
    Oh, you're about to get it, Dom!

I agree with you on Loki--he definitely is a heavy Fe user. Didn't see it before.
    I now type Loki either ENFJ or INFJ.

Bruce Banner is an INFJ. He's angry all the time. Seriously.
    I wouldn't take the "...I'm always angry" quote literally.

I saw it as his round-about way of saying that in exile he has learned to accept his volatile emotional state, managed to channel it into a constructive means while simultaneously allowing it to simmer beneath the surface.

Ti-doms are also notorious for exploding with sporadic rage under stressful situations.
    To counter this--to control it--Banner has extensively developed his inferior Fe.

Hawk-eye is ALSO an ENFJ, a 3 which makes him harder to scratch. He mirrors Black Widow who is ISTP. That's why them beating the crap out of each other was so hot and evenly matched.
    No--that's because they're both ISTPs. It's like locking a King Kong and a T-Rex in a steel cage.
    You'll get yourself a show. No talking--just spontaneous and violent ass-kicking galore.

Iron Man, in the actual comic, is an ENTJ. On screen, the character is ENTP, simply because tertiary Fe is so appealing. The comic book character is urbane and difficult to relate to, so they made the wise choice to cast RDJ.
    Absolutely. Iron Man from the comics isn't even likable, really.

Thor, again, is NOT ESTP in the comic book. He's an ISTJ. I still say he was playing it SJ, possibly ESTJ. Thor could pass as ESTx, at any rate.
    My Man Thor has the trademark SP rage down pat (see the beginning of Thor).
    He also desires action over social order (see the sly smirk during his fight with Hulk in the hangar).

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I will fight you, Duck of Death! *waves little bunny paws menacingly*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Listen to the Fe-Dom, she knows -for the most part at least. Seriously though, Loki Fe-Dom? Ain't he too playful, too pouty, too 'the world is my stage', too spoiled brat? It ain't like he really cares about any one else but himself due to his feeling rejected by his family. You'd think that an Fe-Dom, even an unhealthy one would be more group minded, no? I'd say this is tertiary Fe being butthurt, which is why Stark recognizes it so well (he was an equally obnoxious brat at some point after all)

Youre right on the Fe flying about though. Holy shit. Only Fury and his men go for Fi.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Keep the comic books out of this.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

^It's sort of funny if you read the above with a slight lisp. Haha!
    But seriously. Let's talk about this Loki guy some more.

His type is kind of irrelevant when you get down to it--the movie character is clearly molded after The Dark Knight's Joker: A catalyst for mischief and mayhem that our principle cast must navigate through.

So naturally, he would resemble an ENTP on-the-surface.
    Again, irrelevant.

He was psychotic. His functions were completely out of whack. From the look of things, he was relying on shadow functions (which as an INTJ would give him an appearance of an ENTP or ESFP).

What I'm trying to get at is: Loki is pretty much untypeable in The Avengers.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I dunno.. I still think an unhealthy Fe-Dom would be more sanctimonious and nagging instead of whiny and petulant.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno.. I still think an unhealthy Fe-Dom would be more sanctimonious and nagging instead of whiny and petulant.
    Or yknow....flipside it all and kill everyone for unappreciating them? We're talking about someone who is clearly an unhappy chappy here.

Just because someone is an Fe dom doesnt mean they will always be a martyr for others. Often the considerations of Fe are to do with groups, I suppose,....but it doesn't mean they want to help or get along with said group, in fact they could reject it, want to destroy it or put it out of the way. So lets take that group and blow it up into an extreme objective stance: An entire race.

Values are just what you learn along the way; Fe is a template to use these values through....so what happens when your experience teaches you bad values?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Loki is different from his INTJ comic book counterpart (Calm down, Rex--just using it as a reference).
    Obviously a heavy Ni user (probably leads with it).
    And the manipulative orchestrations reek of Fe, except it is an underdeveloped version.

I can see him as ENTP for The Avengers, but it is clearly not Loki's natural state.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Thor: ESTP 3w2 Sx/So
    Iron Man: ENTP 7w8 Sp/Sx - 8 wing, he's very much in touch with anger and very aggressive
    Captain America: ISFJ 6w5 So/Sx - cautious, strong sense of duty and responsibility, yadda yadda, typical e6
    Hulk: INTP 5w6 Sp/Sx (he's 9w8 in the comics) 9w8 - don't know where you're seeing e5, lacks detachment
    Black Widow: ISTP 3w4 Sp/Sx - she seems 6ish as well, but not too confident about it
    Hawkeye: ISTP or ISTJ 3w2 Sp/??
    Nick Fury: ENTJ 8w7 So/Sx

Loki: INFJ 4w3 Sx - classic sx 4 average to unhealthy level behavior
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I can see him as ENTP for The Avengers, but it is clearly not Loki's natural state.
    Iron Man and Loki are not the same types. How are you seeing ENTP? I can see FJ or TJ for him. One is methodical, structured, deliberate, he plans for the outcome and scenarios. The other is spontaneous, scattered, his thoughts are branching, make it up as you go type of person.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Iron Man and Loki are not the same types. How are you seeing ENTP? I can see FJ or TJ for him. One is methodical, structured, deliberate, he plans for the outcome and scenarios. The other is spontaneous, scattered, his thoughts are branching, make it up as you go type of person.
    He is naturally an INxJ, but is in dreaded "shadow" mode during The Avengers (ENTP).