• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

D and D allignments of fictional characters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, imagined in the minds of Star Wars fan back then? No wonder why that is inaccurate!

It seems that the average people who likes the trilogy had a better understanding of Anakin and Star Wars overall than Goerge Lucas Himself actually.

You guys should have known that he was going to be different than the other Jedi.

No. There was nothing lik ea clue which indicated that.

If you mean by how he was described in the Original Trilogy, it was too vague to be able to know what his personality was like.

But it's enough to invalid the entire acting of Hayden C and the "writing" of George L.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

it seems there are really two types of "Neutral" people on the Good/Evil spectrum
a) those who are impartial and out for personal gain. someone who may help people or hurt those they consider enemies, but someone who doesn't put a lot of time or thought into either
b) those who exhibit both traits of Good (helping others, service, protecting the innocent) and Evil (vengeance, blood lust, punishing those who are different)
in the case of Code Geass
- Lelouch
- Kallen
- Ohgi
- Suzaku
and
- Charles
all fall under the category of the latter form of neutral

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Although I'd call Fett neutral evil (he isn't working for the Empire because he sees the rebels as an evil threat. He's working with them because they offer a "substantial reward" for finding the Falcon, and because he can then hand Solo over to Jabba for another reward. One of the Imperial soldiers even says "we don't need that scum". He's a bounty hunter, and bounty hunter implies bounty. I'll bet he gives fuck-all about outlaws without a price on their head), this is what I was getting at. I'm not sure what criteria is used to find Fett, Magneto and Kiddo on chaotic evil.

That's actually a fairly good argument for Neutral Evil for Boba Fett; movie wise anyway he would be that. The aspect of him 'working for the empire' was a blurb that I read off of Wookieepedia, and that may relate to EU works that portray his character in a different light, and thus portray a Boba Fett that is fundamentally different from the movie version.

Joker's obviously the poster boy for Chaotic Evil. The thing Alfred says about people like him in Dark Knight ("Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.") is pretty much their definition.

Indeed.

Some chaotic evils I'd toss up (as a point of comparison):

-Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs ("I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop" is 100% chaotic evil. A neutral evil would call torturing someone who knows nothing a waste of time)
-Alex DeLarge (most characters who sing while they do horrible things are probably chaotic evil)
-Jack Torrence from The Shining (at the end, obviously)
-Marlo Stanfield from the Wire (a cool-headed chaotic evil, he hurts people just to do it sometimes, like the rent-a-cop at the store)
-Most serial killer characters (as well as real life ones) fit this, unless they think they serve a higher power (lawful evil) or they are getting something else they want out of it (neutral evil). So basically you can tack on Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, Chucky, etc.

EDIT:

Also:
-Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The guy wants to destroy the world while he's on it, basically because he's bored and he likes to hurt people.
-Joffrey from Game of Thrones: his idyllic pastimes include torturing whores, shooting rabbits with a crossbow and cutting open cats.

And indeed.

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

it seems there are really two types of "Neutral" people on the Good/Evil spectrum
a) those who are impartial and out for personal gain. someone who may help people or hurt those they consider enemies, but someone who doesn't put a lot of time or thought into either
b) those who exhibit both traits of Good (helping others, service, protecting the innocent) and Evil (vengeance, blood lust, punishing those who are different)
in the case of Code Geass
- Lelouch
- Kallen
- Ohgi
- Suzaku
and
- Charles
all fall under the category of the latter form of neutral

I would attribute it to the fact that good and evil don't exist on an absolute scale . . . or at all really. What one may define as good will be considered evil by another and vice versa, and even if they were defined as a whole, people have a tendency to do both good and evil things (although for such characters, it may just be more appropriate to designate them True Neutral). The same principle can be said for the choas/order dichotomy.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's actually a fairly good argument for Neutral Evil for Boba Fett; movie wise anyway he would be that. The aspect of him 'working for the empire' was a blurb that I read off of Wookieepedia, and that may relate to EU works that portray his character in a different light, and thus portray a Boba Fett that is fundamentally different from the movie version.
Indeed.
And indeed.
I would attribute it to the fact that good and evil don't exist on an absolute scale . . . or at all really. What one may define as good will be considered evil by another and vice versa, and even if they were defined as a whole, people have a tendency to do both good and evil things (although for such characters, it may just be more appropriate to designate them True Neutral). The same principle can be said for the choas/order dichotomy.

it seems to me though that, in the instance of D&D, good and evil have more objective definitions rather than just something as simple as "good and bad". Inuyasha for instance, is clearly a protagonist, but he is of an evil alignment because he is bent on vengeance and the destruction of his enemies.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I made an in depth rebuttal to your last post, however I posted it exactly at 10:00 pm, just as the site went off for regular maintance. Yeah. I don't quite remember how I posted my response, and I'm far too livid to try and repost (doing so would just result in a really shoddy post).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I made an in depth rebuttal to your last post, however I posted it exactly at 10:00 pm, just as the site went off for regular maintance. Yeah. I don't quite remember how I posted my response, and I'm far too livid to try and repost (doing so would just result in a really shoddy post).

LOL been there
if you ever feel a surge of energy to re post it, feel free to do so. in the mean time, any thoughts you have are welcome :)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL been there
if you ever feel a surge of energy to re post it, feel free to do so. in the mean time, any thoughts you have are welcome :)

If I recollect my thoughts and can form a good argument, then I'll post it sometime in the near future.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems that the average people who likes the trilogy had a better understanding of Anakin and Star Wars overall than Goerge Lucas Himself actually.

Oh yeah, because you guys are obviously the ones who write the story.

No. There was nothing lik ea clue which indicated that.

It doesn't matter. He ended up going off the deep end, unlike the rest of the Jedi, so there was SOMETHING that made him different.

But it's enough to invalid the entire acting of Hayden C and the "writing" of George L.

No, not at all. Show me examples of where they describe Anakin like you say he was.

Inuyasha for instance, is clearly a protagonist, but he is of an evil alignment because he is bent on vengeance and the destruction of his enemies.

Nope, I'm not watching it then lol.