• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

D and D allignments of fictional characters

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
correlations:
Lawful: SJ, NFJ, Social Instinct, 1s, 2s,
Neutral: 3s, 5s 6s, 9s
Chaotic: NP, SP NTJ, Sexual Instinct, 4s 7s, 8s,

Good: NF, SJ, Social Instinct, 1, 2
Neutral: Self Preservation Instinct, NT, 5, 7, 9
Bad: SP, 3, cp6, 8

I'm going to agree with what SuchIrony said here:
I agree with most of this. I don't see NTJ as being chaotic though. I also think phobic 6s can be quite lawful.

I'd modify your list as such:

correlations:
Lawful: SJ, FJ, NFJ, Social Instinct, 1s, 2s, p6s
Neutral: 3s, 5s, 6s, 9s, NTJ, TJ
Chaotic: NP, SP, Sexual Instinct, 4s, cp6s, 7s, 8s

Good: NF, SJ, SFJ, Social Instinct, 1s, 2s, p6s, 9s
Neutral: Self Preservation Instinct, T, 5s, 7s, 9s
Bad: SP, 3s, cp6s, 8s

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to agree with what SuchIrony said here:
I'd modify your list as such:

- STJs are usually Lawful, not Neutral
- I already included SFJs (all SJs) under "Good"
- you included 9s twice
- you included NFJs twice
- you included STJs twice

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- STJs are usually Lawful, not Neutral

My reasoning for that was that Te is a pragmatic function and goes with "whatever works", but I suppose STJs, especially ISTJs, are more Lawful. I guess you can make it NTJ, then.

- I already included SFJs (all SJs) under "Good"

True; I must have skipped over that.

- you included 9s twice

You're right. They correlate with both Good AND Neutral.

- you included NFJs twice

I probably should have just left it at FJ, but I guess I was focusing on distinguishing between NTJ and NFJ.

- you included STJs twice

Where?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My reasoning for that was that Te is a pragmatic function and goes with "whatever works", but I suppose STJs, especially ISTJs, are more Lawful. I guess you can make it NTJ, then.
True; I must have skipped over that.
You're right. They correlate with both Good AND Neutral.\
I probably should have just left it at FJ, but I guess I was focusing on distinguishing between NTJ and NFJ.
Where?

you included SJs in Lawful and TJs in Neutral. that said, I suppose their could be overlap

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you included SJs in Lawful and TJs in Neutral. that said, I suppose their could be overlap

Yeah, that's what I was going with when I put TJs in Neutral. That SJ usually correlates with Lawful, but TJ is sometimes neutral. It applies more to NTJs, though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's what I was going with when I put TJs in Neutral. That SJ usually correlates with Lawful, but TJ is sometimes neutral. It applies more to NTJs, though.

also, depends on the type of phobic 6. some phobic 6s are dutiful and compliant while others are phobic for the sake of survival and don't really have strong allegiance to an organization. the former would be lawful, the latter neutral

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13609]Hazashin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]

Lawful Evil:
- Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
- Light Yagami (Death Note)
- Magneto (X Men)
- Kiyomi Takada (Death Note)
- Spiral King (Gurren Lagann)
- Aoshi Shinomori (Rurouni Kenshin)

Lawful Neutral:
- Spiral King (Gurren Lagann)

Lawful Good:
- Padme (Star Wars)
- Rassiu (Gurren Lagann)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
- Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)
- most Jedi (Star Wars)
- Professor X (X Men)

Neutral Evil:
- Darth Vader (Star Wars)
- Count Dooku (Star Wars)
- Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Boba Fett (Star Wars)

True Neutral:
- L (Death Note)
- Anakin Skywalker before Darth Vader (Star Wars)
- Mark Zuckerburg (the Social Network)

Neutral Good:
- Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Link (Legend of Zelda)
- Spider Man (Spider Man)
- Luke Skywalker

Chaotic Evil:
- Kratos (God of War)
-
- The Joker (Batman)

Chaotic Neutral:
- Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
- Misa Amane (Death Note)
- Sano (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Sean Parker (The Social Network)
- Han Solo (Star Wars)
- Gambit (X Men)
- Wolverine (X Men)
- Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill)

Chaotic Good:
- Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
- Kallen Statfeld (Code Geass)
- Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
- Keaton (Gurren Lagann)
- V (V for Vendetta)
- Simon (Gurren Lagann)

Darth Vader is the epithome of Lawful Evil, an by the way, the fact that Anakin is a True Neutral is anothe clue that his characterisation was bad. He should rather have been a lawful good turning lawful evil.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Darth Vader is the epithome of Lawful Evil, an by the way, the fact that Anakin is a True Neutral is anothe clue that his characterisation was bad. He should rather have been a lawful good turning lawful evil.

No, Anakin was supposed to be Chaotic Good.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also, depends on the type of phobic 6. some phobic 6s are dutiful and compliant while others are phobic for the sake of survival and don't really have strong allegiance to an organization. the former would be lawful, the latter neutral

True. However, there is still somewhat of a correlation. I may be Neutral Good, but I certainly have Lawful tendencies.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, Anakin was supposed to be Chaotic Good.

Anakin was supposed to be nothing but chaotic. But a noble family man who was stiongly commited to the republic and the emperor, at a point which gone to far. Lawful Good.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True. However, there is still somewhat of a correlation. I may be Neutral Good, but I certainly have Lawful tendencies.

you are neutral because you are INFP. an NFP could never comfortably be lawful (though they can turn very Lawful Evil when they go off the deep end. I've been there myself)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin was supposed to be nothing but chaotic. But a noble family man who was stiongly commited to the republic and the emperor, at a point which gone to far. Lawful Good.

No, it was always against his character to be obligated by laws, rules, and order. That's why they made a point to show that he struggled with that, being that he was supposed to originally be a "Good" person.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
O'Brien - and, by extension, the entire Party - from 1984 represent the Lawful Evil type very well.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

The Ace Attorney series is also an interesting example of the spectrum:

* Phoenix and the Fey sisters are spread across the Good scale: Maya, the free spirit, is Chaotic Good; Phoenix, the lawyer who sometimes chooses to take the less "legitimate" path to help others, is Neutral Good; Mia, who was a passionate advocate for justice when alive, is Lawful Good.

* The Von Karma family is spread across the Lawful scale: Manfred, who pursued his perfect win record with highly unsavory tactics, is Lawful Evil; Franziska, who is career-driven, aggressive and uncooperative but fair, is Lawful Neutral; Edgeworth, despite starting off as a Lawful Neutral jerk, became Lawful Good after redefining his priorities and facing his own self-loathing issues.

The series, due to its very nature, also has quite a few Lawful Evil antagonists, particularly [Damon Gant] from the first game and [Kristoph Gavin] from the fourth.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it was always against his character to be obligated by laws, rules, and order. That's why they made a point to show that he struggled with that, being that he was supposed to originally be a "Good" person.

You describe the bland, lame and insipid whiny character created for the prequel, not Anakin as he was imagined in the 70s. Which is completely different.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You describe the bland, lame and insipid whiny character created for the prequel, not Anakin as he was imagined in the 70s. Which is completely different.

I think that the contrast between Anakin's more wild streak and the blatantly Lawful, SJ-ish tendencies of the Jedi was supposed to be obvious

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What, imagined in the minds of Star Wars fan back then? No wonder why that is inaccurate! You guys should have known that he was going to be different than the other Jedi.

If you mean by how he was described in the Original Trilogy, it was too vague to be able to know what his personality was like.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Someone do the matrix!

the characters I remember
Neo: neutral good
Trinity: chaotic good
Morpheus: not evil and not chaotic, but other than that I'm not sure
Agent Smith: lawful evil
The Oracle: lawful good
The Architect: true neutral

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the oracle is chaotic good. She seeks to disrupt the nature of control the matrix exerts on manifestation of being. Correspondingly I think the architect is lawful neutral. What about the Merovingian and his spouse? The guardian of the oracle? (Btw that guy is the most badass istp of all time)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that the contrast between Anakin's more wild streak and the blatantly Lawful, SJ-ish tendencies of the Jedi was supposed to be obvious

Again, that's the Anakin created for the Prequel. Anakin was initially supposed to be a noble and stable jedi knight who was seduced by the Darth Side and that's all.

Also, the SJ-ish tendencies of the Jedi was also an error of the prequel. To preserce the noble, mystic and magical aura that they had in the Trilogy, the Jedi should have been more NF-ish, not necessarly as much as Luke, but still NF-ish.

This video explain well the misconceptions of George Lucas about Darth Vader:

[youtube=N1yjG2W52u8]Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Review (Part 6 of 8)[/youtube]