User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 50 of 50

  1. #41
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    What, imagined in the minds of Star Wars fan back then? No wonder why that is inaccurate!
    It seems that the average people who likes the trilogy had a better understanding of Anakin and Star Wars overall than Goerge Lucas Himself actually.

    You guys should have known that he was going to be different than the other Jedi.

    No. There was nothing lik ea clue which indicated that.

    If you mean by how he was described in the Original Trilogy, it was too vague to be able to know what his personality was like.
    But it's enough to invalid the entire acting of Hayden C and the "writing" of George L.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  2. #42
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @Savage Idealist

    it seems there are really two types of "Neutral" people on the Good/Evil spectrum
    a) those who are impartial and out for personal gain. someone who may help people or hurt those they consider enemies, but someone who doesn't put a lot of time or thought into either
    b) those who exhibit both traits of Good (helping others, service, protecting the innocent) and Evil (vengeance, blood lust, punishing those who are different)
    in the case of Code Geass
    - Lelouch
    - Kallen
    - Ohgi
    - Suzaku
    and
    - Charles
    all fall under the category of the latter form of neutral
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Although I'd call Fett neutral evil (he isn't working for the Empire because he sees the rebels as an evil threat. He's working with them because they offer a "substantial reward" for finding the Falcon, and because he can then hand Solo over to Jabba for another reward. One of the Imperial soldiers even says "we don't need that scum". He's a bounty hunter, and bounty hunter implies bounty. I'll bet he gives fuck-all about outlaws without a price on their head), this is what I was getting at. I'm not sure what criteria is used to find Fett, Magneto and Kiddo on chaotic evil.
    That's actually a fairly good argument for Neutral Evil for Boba Fett; movie wise anyway he would be that. The aspect of him 'working for the empire' was a blurb that I read off of Wookieepedia, and that may relate to EU works that portray his character in a different light, and thus portray a Boba Fett that is fundamentally different from the movie version.

    Joker's obviously the poster boy for Chaotic Evil. The thing Alfred says about people like him in Dark Knight ("Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.") is pretty much their definition.
    Indeed.

    Some chaotic evils I'd toss up (as a point of comparison):

    -Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs ("I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop" is 100% chaotic evil. A neutral evil would call torturing someone who knows nothing a waste of time)
    -Alex DeLarge (most characters who sing while they do horrible things are probably chaotic evil)
    -Jack Torrence from The Shining (at the end, obviously)
    -Marlo Stanfield from the Wire (a cool-headed chaotic evil, he hurts people just to do it sometimes, like the rent-a-cop at the store)
    -Most serial killer characters (as well as real life ones) fit this, unless they think they serve a higher power (lawful evil) or they are getting something else they want out of it (neutral evil). So basically you can tack on Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, Chucky, etc.

    EDIT:

    Also:
    -Angelus from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The guy wants to destroy the world while he's on it, basically because he's bored and he likes to hurt people.
    -Joffrey from Game of Thrones: his idyllic pastimes include torturing whores, shooting rabbits with a crossbow and cutting open cats.
    And indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Savage Idealist

    it seems there are really two types of "Neutral" people on the Good/Evil spectrum
    a) those who are impartial and out for personal gain. someone who may help people or hurt those they consider enemies, but someone who doesn't put a lot of time or thought into either
    b) those who exhibit both traits of Good (helping others, service, protecting the innocent) and Evil (vengeance, blood lust, punishing those who are different)
    in the case of Code Geass
    - Lelouch
    - Kallen
    - Ohgi
    - Suzaku
    and
    - Charles
    all fall under the category of the latter form of neutral
    I would attribute it to the fact that good and evil don't exist on an absolute scale . . . or at all really. What one may define as good will be considered evil by another and vice versa, and even if they were defined as a whole, people have a tendency to do both good and evil things (although for such characters, it may just be more appropriate to designate them True Neutral). The same principle can be said for the choas/order dichotomy.

  4. #44
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    That's actually a fairly good argument for Neutral Evil for Boba Fett; movie wise anyway he would be that. The aspect of him 'working for the empire' was a blurb that I read off of Wookieepedia, and that may relate to EU works that portray his character in a different light, and thus portray a Boba Fett that is fundamentally different from the movie version.
    Indeed.
    And indeed.
    I would attribute it to the fact that good and evil don't exist on an absolute scale . . . or at all really. What one may define as good will be considered evil by another and vice versa, and even if they were defined as a whole, people have a tendency to do both good and evil things (although for such characters, it may just be more appropriate to designate them True Neutral). The same principle can be said for the choas/order dichotomy.
    it seems to me though that, in the instance of D&D, good and evil have more objective definitions rather than just something as simple as "good and bad". Inuyasha for instance, is clearly a protagonist, but he is of an evil alignment because he is bent on vengeance and the destruction of his enemies.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    @Elfboy

    I made an in depth rebuttal to your last post, however I posted it exactly at 10:00 pm, just as the site went off for regular maintance. Yeah. I don't quite remember how I posted my response, and I'm far too livid to try and repost (doing so would just result in a really shoddy post).

  6. #46
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    @Elfboy

    I made an in depth rebuttal to your last post, however I posted it exactly at 10:00 pm, just as the site went off for regular maintance. Yeah. I don't quite remember how I posted my response, and I'm far too livid to try and repost (doing so would just result in a really shoddy post).
    LOL been there
    if you ever feel a surge of energy to re post it, feel free to do so. in the mean time, any thoughts you have are welcome
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    LOL been there
    if you ever feel a surge of energy to re post it, feel free to do so. in the mean time, any thoughts you have are welcome
    If I recollect my thoughts and can form a good argument, then I'll post it sometime in the near future.

  8. #48
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    If I recollect my thoughts and can form a good argument, then I'll post it sometime in the near future.
    do you remember any of it?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #49
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It seems that the average people who likes the trilogy had a better understanding of Anakin and Star Wars overall than Goerge Lucas Himself actually.
    Oh yeah, because you guys are obviously the ones who write the story.

    No. There was nothing lik ea clue which indicated that.
    It doesn't matter. He ended up going off the deep end, unlike the rest of the Jedi, so there was SOMETHING that made him different.

    But it's enough to invalid the entire acting of Hayden C and the "writing" of George L.
    No, not at all. Show me examples of where they describe Anakin like you say he was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Inuyasha for instance, is clearly a protagonist, but he is of an evil alignment because he is bent on vengeance and the destruction of his enemies.
    Nope, I'm not watching it then lol.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    do you remember any of it?
    Nope. It wasn't really a great rebuttal anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] What's your favourite fictional character of ALL-TIME?
    By astroninja in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 11-23-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 10:41 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 04:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO