• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Sherlock Holmes characters: specify which versions

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I know there are a bunch of Holmes threads already but they mostly seem specifically related to the RDJ version, or Doyle's original, etc.

I'd just like to create a general thread for typing Holmes and his associated characters, in whatever versions you like, but please specify which versions you mean. (ie. Doyle; new BBC Sherlock; Jeremy Brett; RDJ; etc)

General Sherlock Holmes discussion and appreciation would be great too :D For the record, Jeremy Brett is my favourite Holmes along with his Watsons Edward Hardwicke and David Burke - a traditional Victorian version, mostly very faithful to the originals. My second favourite is the current modern version with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

Here are a few of mine (tentative, as my typings usually are):

Original Conan Doyle stories

Holmes: INTJ
Watson: ISFJ
Mycroft: INTP
Moriarty: INTP
Mrs Hudson: ISFJ
Lestrade: ISTJ

Granada series starring Jeremy Brett, from 80s and 90s

Holmes (Jeremy Brett): ENTP
Watson: ISFJ (there were two Watsons, David Burke and Edward Hardwicke. I'd say Hardwicke was definitely ISFJ, David Burke could have been ISFP or ESFP)
Moriarty (Eric Porter): INTJ
Mycroft: INTP
Mrs Hudson: ISFJ
Lestrade (Colin Jeavons): ISTJ

New BBC Sherlock - modern-day

Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch): ISTP
John Watson (Martin Freeman): ISxJ
Mycroft (Mark Gatiss): INTJ
Mrs Hudson: ESFJ
Lestrade (Rupert Graves): ESTJ
Moriarty: ENTP
Molly: INFJ

40s movies with Basil Rathbone

Holmes (Rathbone): ISTJ
Watson (Nigel Bruce): ESFP

New films with Robert Downey Junior

Holmes (RDJ): ESTP
Watson (Jude Law): ISTP

(I only saw the first of these films so far and it was a while ago so I'd need a refresher...)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Holmes is a Social 5w6 is every versions, I'd say.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Holmes is either ISTP, INTP, or INTJ, since those types excell at detailed analysis and investigation.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holmes is a Social 5w6 is every versions, I'd say.

5w6 I can see; why so-first?

I'm interested in hearing opinions about different versions (original stories, and adaptations) because they differ pretty widely... I mean, there is a huge difference between Robert Downey Jr's version and Benedict Cumberbatch, or Jeremy Brett and Basil Rathbone.

Plus, opinions on the secondary characters are welcome!

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sigh...I think this is just proof that I'm still way more obsessed with Sherlock Holmes than pretty much anyone I know. :doh:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen some of the Basil Rathbone movies. Okay, the first movie and part of the second. He's easy to type imo, ISTJ 6w5 sp/sx