• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Homeland

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't find any other threads on this show so I thought I'd start one. The two main characters are difficult to type as they are/have been going through mental problems and aren't always themselves, but here goes:

Carrie - INTP 6w5 sx/sp
Brody - ISTJ 6w7 sp/so
Saul - IXFJ 1w9 sp/so

Jessica - XSFJ
David - ESTJ
Mike - ISFJ
Dana -ESTP

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think most of that is pretty spot-on, but I think Carrie is Sx/So.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd go with INFJ for Saul. He's pretty obviously intuitive to me.
I agree that Carrie is sp last.

This is like the only show I've followed in awhile... :D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
nice avatars, beat me to the punch

jdegallo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Carrie is more INFJ than INTP. Brody is ISTJ.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Carrie is ENFJ.

Lots of Fe, geez the amount of Fe she admits throughout the show is immense, and a very good use of Ni. She also has superb people skills, obvously polished by her profession, but partly stemming from her natural extravertedness. Also, she has a tendency to go out in the world to seek 'shelter', dressing up to go out when breaking down, etc. She doesn't react how an introverted person would react. On meds and deep depression staying inside you could also see that this was not how she was able to work herself out. She needed to get out first. And the level of trueness when she plays her CIA role while staying true to herself and her own emotions is another thing that is very consistantly seen amongst ENFJ's.

The writers of Homeland are exceptionally skilled, it is rarily seen in tv shows, but this is the main reason I watch this show. Awesome writers.

zenspirit

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
What do you all think are the types of the Homeland characters? Along with mbti, any guesses on their enneagram and instinctual variants?

Carrie
Brody
Saul
Quinn
Jessica
Estes
Mike
Dana
Chris
Virgil
Max

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Carrie - 6w7 ENTP
Brody - 6w5 ISFJ
Saul - 1w2 INFJ
Quinn - 6w5 ESTP
Estes - 1w9 ESTJ (a lot of compliant types in the CIA/military)
Jessica - 2w1 ISFJ
Dana - 6w7 ISFP
Chris - 6w5 ISFJ

A lot of Sixes...

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This show is great.

Carrie - ENTP 6 sx/sp

Saul - INFJ 1 sp/so (possibly INTJ)

Brody - ISFP 6 sp/so

Jessica - ISFJ

David - ESTJ 3

Dana - INFP

Chris - ISFJ

Mike - ISXJ

I feel preeetty darn solid on all of them but the kids and Mike.

Shudder

MBTI Type
INTJ
I can buy Carrie being ENTP and she does seem to be sx/sp, but I could even see her being 7w6 instead of a straight 6. But with Saul, I don't know if i just desperately want him as my type or what, but I could see him as INTJ more than INFJ.

He just just seems to be more of a thinker.

plus, If Saul were INTJ, his shadow functions would match Carries ENTP functions. That could explain why he understands the method to her madness better than others. Especially better than ESTJ David.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was leaning towards 6w7, but I guess 7w6 isn't tooo much of a stretch (or is it?) haha. I just want that 6 in there.

And with Saul, I dunno. He strikes me as a feeler just as much as thinker. I went with feeling because he seems more comfortable using that function. Either way, INxJ is a definite in my opinion.

IntpB

Have to comment:
Saul - INTJ
He cared more about work than his marriage, smacks of T

Carrie - INTP
She is very analytical and has a strong sense of right and wrong, T, she also found it easy to be detached and turn on and off in her relationship with Brody (who I agree is ISFJ - he seemed genuinely hurt by her deception).

No one has factored in the effect of mania which can make an intraverted person behave both irrationally and extravertedly. During periods of wellness she hid.her thoughts and perpersonality, she was not an open book. The hypersexuality is also a symptom of mania, not her normal personality. A "god complex" is also a symptom of mania, as well as being able to make rapid connections between things.

The writers have done a lot of research into BP and it is portrayed very accurately. Be careful not to confuse symptoms of the illness with personality. Think about her behaviour when she is well rather than unwell.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Carrie - 6w7 ENTP
Brody - 6w5 ISFJ
Saul - 1w2 INFJ
Quinn - 6w5 ESTP
Estes - 1w9 ESTJ (a lot of compliant types in the CIA/military)
Jessica - 2w1 ISFJ
Dana - 6w7 ISFP
Chris - 6w5 ISFJ

A lot of Sixes...
This is still more or less true, but I think Saul might be INTJ.

Also there's Quinn, who is ISTP. Maybe 3w4.

Nicodemus

With every new episode, the show is getting a little bit worse. We are currently down to 'ludicrous'.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
With every new episode, the show is getting a little bit worse. We are currently down to 'ludicrous'.
This season is certainly off to a slow start. Nobody cares about the dumb teenager and her angst. That story line should be discarded asap. Carrie and her crazy is been there done that. Put her back on her meds and move on.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
This season is certainly off to a slow start. Nobody cares about the dumb teenager and her angst. That story line should be discarded asap. Carrie and her crazy is been there done that. Put her back on her meds and move on.
Eh, what's the rush? I happen to like the more "interior" direction it's taking so far. Can't wait until Brody next week.

As for Dana, I'm intrigued as to whether she'll actually practice Islam, or if that was just a way of connecting to Daddy.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Im just waiting to see where this season takes us before I make my judgement.

Conversely, I'm ecstatic that F. Murray Abram's character is playing a larger role in the show.

Thelema

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Carrie INTP? C'mon... makes me wonder if I'm watching the same show as you guys.

I think Carrie is either an ESTP or an ENTP. Very quick to take action, uses Fe when she needs to manipulate people. 6w7 seems right though.

Brody is an ISFP, I think. Sometimes he looks like a 9, sometimes he looks like a 6, but still ISFP to me.

I think Saul is an INTJ. I see the argument for INFJ, but I think he is more Te/Fi oriented. I could see E5 or E1.

Clegane

MBTI Type
ISTP
Didn't watch the serie, but my parents started to call me Peter Quinn, and I was curious about his type. We share indeed the same type.