User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Type George Takei

He played Lt. Sulu in Star Trek TOS (doesn't everybody know this?) I'm interested in knowing the actor's type, not Sulu's.

INFP?

I can tell from his famous "douchebag" video that his is a kind of quiet anger but he uses intellectual language to express it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UACK93xF-FE
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

On Celebrity Apprentice he stayed quiet and in the background a lot, though he worked hard. He wanted every one to get along and be respectful of each other. On FaceBook, he posts a lot of punny stuff. I would guess INFx.

ETA: When he was Project Manager on CA, he let everyone do their own thing. He seemed to get lost in thinking about possibilities. During another task, when he had an unfamiliar script to read from, he had trouble focusing on just reading through it, mistakes and all, so that they could figure out the timing of the lights and other effects. He wanted to try to memorize it instead of reading from the script, so he kept stopping when he messed up and then starting over from the top. His very J Project Manager got very frustrated with him.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    On Celebrity Apprentice he stayed quiet and in the background a lot, though he worked hard. He wanted every one to get along and be respectful of each other. On FaceBook, he posts a lot of punny stuff. I would guess INFx.

ETA: When he was Project Manager on CA, he let everyone do their own thing. He seemed to get lost in thinking about possibilities. During another task, when he had an unfamiliar script to read from, he had trouble focusing on just reading through it, mistakes and all, so that they could figure out the timing of the lights and other effects. He wanted to try to memorize it instead of reading from the script, so he kept stopping when he messed up and then starting over from the top. His very J Project Manager got very frustrated with him.
    From my theoretical perspective then, that converts your INFX to INFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

@Mal+, although they cut things to make people appear a certain way, I found it interesting to watch Celebrity Apprentice with an eye on type (at least until it got so back-stabbing that I couldn't take it any more). If I remember right, poor George was brought back to the boardroom, to possibly be fired, from task one until he did actually get fired. The others perceived him to be lazy (though he wasn't), too quiet, and a bit scattered. I think the only person to consistently stick up for him was Penn Jillette, who also got picked on for being too quiet, as well as too negative, condescending, and not a team player (none of which were true, IMO).
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Why doesn't someone just twitter/facebook him and ask him to take the test? He's pretty involved with his fans.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    @Mal+, although they cut things to make people appear a certain way, I found it interesting to watch Celebrity Apprentice with an eye on type (at least until it got so back-stabbing that I couldn't take it any more). If I remember right, poor George was brought back to the boardroom, to possibly be fired, from task one until he did actually get fired. The others perceived him to be lazy (though he wasn't), too quiet, and a bit scattered. I think the only person to consistently stick up for him was Penn Jillette, who also got picked on for being too quiet, as well as too negative, condescending, and not a team player (none of which were true, IMO).
    It's no different from being kicked off of The Weakest Link. They just think up a bunch of reasons.

Takei seems more like an INFP now than ever, and type 9.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Why doesn't someone just twitter/facebook him and ask him to take the test? He's pretty involved with his fans.
    George has an intern taking care of his fb page. This video may represent Takei at his angriest.

It probably takes an awful lot to piss off this dude.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

All I have seen is the Star Trek movie 2009 and I thought Spock was INTJ 5w6 and Kirk was ENFP 3w4, but I have no idea about any of the other characters.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    All I have seen is the Star Trek movie 2009 and I thought Spock was INTJ 5w6 and Kirk was ENFP 3w4, but I have no idea about any of the other characters.
    Those calls seem pretty spot on. But it's a different topic. Haven't we seen it here before? Why does Star Wars get all the attention?

It's more difficult to type the actors/actresses themselves. But "Spock" as Leonard Nimoy is well-established as an INTP who plays an INTJ.