User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Michael Savage

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I said homophobic conservatives. Are you suggesting that all Republicans are homophobic? Does that mean you are homophobic?

Are you afwaid o wittle ol me?

I wonder what that makes Log Cabin Republicans.
    Haha. No, I'm not homophobic (though maybe I could be according to some's definition) nor am I a Republican though...

To some, the definition of a homophobe is one not fighting for the rights of gays. Typically, the Repub party can't be attributed with doing that. So...

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    Haha. No, I'm not homophobic (though maybe I could be according to some's definition) nor am I a Republican though...

To some, the definition of a homophobe is one not fighting for the rights of gays. Typically, the Repub party can't be attributed with doing that. So...
    Um...I've never heard that definition before. Must be your personal interpretation of the word. Interesting.

Homophobe: a person who hates or fears homosexual people

Homophobia: the fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

That is normally what I mean. Although I would say those who fight against the rights of gays could be considered homophobic. It's one thing to say you don't support gay rights, and it is another to actively fight against them. Most republicans I know would do the former, not the latter.

Clearly Savage is of the latter, and a clear homophobe. Although another hint is where he says he will bust out his Glock and shoot a homo in the head. I found that comment to be a tad bit derisive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Gotcha. Fair enough.

An ISTJ standing down. Who woulda thunk it?

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Keep in mind that Savage is competing for ratings on a national level.
    As for being a homophobe; not all men that detest homosexuals are gay, that's more of a wives' tale used by others to piss them off. I know you will probably furnish some statistics offering a correlation, but you already know my stance on statistics.
    Now, let me ask you this, you are against persecution of homosexuals, yes? Now why, when a conservative/republican/"anti-homosexual" gets "outed" do you find it neccesary to proliferate this? Is that not persecution? Would true wisdom not be aceeptance? No, I'm not a conservative, nor am I "anti-gay", just posing a question.

Well, I've said my piece, and now I've gotta get going, internet connections are a commodity in the middle of "tent city".
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    As for being a homophobe; not all men that detest homosexuals are gay, that's more of a wives' tale used by others to piss them off.
    I dunno. There has to be some basis for that irrational hatred.

But in Savage's case, the evidence is pretty compelling.
    Now, let me ask you this, you are against persecution of homosexuals, yes? Now why, when a conservative/republican/"anti-homosexual" gets "outed" do you find it necessary to proliferate this?
    Would you embrace Benedict Arnold? These are liars, deceivers, and in some senses, traitors. Many of them have been working against the GLBT movement for decades, and even when they are outed, many continue to do so. That level of hypocrisy is disgusting.

Is that not persecution? Would true wisdom not be aceeptance? No, I'm not a conservative, nor am I "anti-gay", just posing a question.
    True wisdom says that you don't accept people of poor character into your group. We can be forgiving of them, even pity them, but to accept them, they need to stop lying about themselves and persecuting others.

It's not much different than why the military keeps gays out. They don't want "immoral" people in because it would decrease the morale of all those conservative troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.