User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Harry Potter fans - what's your type?

Also which of the personality types do you think are most likely to be fans of Harry Potter? and what about the types most likely to hate it?
    And why...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

The fans I know are all over the board type wise. Although there is a tendency toward introverts, I suppose.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Enneagram

I'm an INFP.

I'm not sure I can type such a popular phenomenon. I doubt there are a lot of ESTJ's, but you never know.

On Pottermore this is how the members sort:

Gryffindor: 388,047 members

Slytherin: 375,926 members

Hufflepuff: 373,820 members

Ravenclaw: 356,717 members

Not that you can type people based on their house, but I imagine people who identify with the brave and fiery Gryffindor would tend towards ESXP, Slytherins with their sort of cold misunderstood rep would tend towards IXTX, Hufflepuff would tend towards SJ, and Ravenclaw with its emphasis on eccentrics and dreamers would tend towards N or T or both.

The problem is almost any type could be in any house. I wish they all had to list their types, so I had all of that data to work with!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I'm an INFP.

I'm not sure I can type such a popular phenomenon. I doubt there are a lot of ESTJ's, but you never know.

On Pottermore this is how the members sort:

Gryffindor: 388,047 members

Slytherin: 375,926 members

Hufflepuff: 373,820 members

Ravenclaw: 356,717 members

Not that you can type people based on their house, but I imagine people who identify with the brave and fiery Gryffindor would tend towards ESXP, Slytherins with their sort of cold misunderstood rep would tend towards IXTX, Hufflepuff would tend towards SJ, and Ravenclaw with its emphasis on eccentrics and dreamers would tend towards N or T or both.

The problem is almost any type could be in any house. I wish they all had to list their types, so I had all of that data to work with!
    I don't know, mate. Me and my ISTP buddy both ended up in Gryffindor, and the ESFJ in Slytherin.
    1w9 sx/sp

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I don't know, mate. Me and my ISTP buddy both ended up in Gryffindor, and the ESFJ in Slytherin.
    To quote myself:
    The problem is almost any type could be in any house.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    To quote myself:
    I think Rowling deliberately constructed it that way, though, that any type of person could be in any house.
    1w9 sx/sp

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    I think Rowling deliberately constructed it that way, though, that any type of person could be in any house.
    Me too

The whole thing about Harry choosing Gryffindor, and how Hermione seems like a Ravenclaw on the surface, but her values and choices make her a Gryffindor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

I know that ANY type could like Harry Potter as equally as any type could hate it, but I reckon the most likely type to *love* it would probably be I*FP, the most likely to hate - ISTJ. My HP hating brother is an ISTJ so I may be a bit biased here...

As far as the houses thing goes, I think Gryffindor and Hufflepuff could be seen as being S over N, Ravenclaw and and Slytherins more T over F. But that's just guesswork (which can be enjoyable, don't get me wrong.)

I (an INTP) was sorted into Gryffindor, my ENFP and 2 ISFP friends are Slytherin, I also have an ISFP friend in Ravenclaw. Which just about contradicts everything I said above

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

Side note: Pottermore's sorting hat has a random component, so even if we had MBTI data for the houses we would have to adjust for that first.

This is more about what types fit which houses than what types are hp fans/haters.

Gryffindors are motivated by bravery. Hufflepuffs, by loyalty. Slytherins, ambition, and Ravenclaws, knowledge.

Overall, I see Gryffindor and Hufflepuff as F's and Slytherins and Ravenclaws as T's. Both Fi and Fe fit well in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff might also see some STJ's who value steadfast loyalty. Calculating Slytherins strike me as predominately T's, including ST and NT. I think Ravenclaws are overwhelmingly NT.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm an HP fan, partly because I enjoy all the layers of symbolism and probably read all sorts of stuff into it that might not be there. I enjoy fanfic, too. (And I generally get Slytherin on sorters, too.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...