First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm not questioning my type in case you're wondering, but yes it is. MBTI has nothing to do with how emotional, social, ambitious or whatever one is and everything to do which the cognitive functions one is most comfortable with.
    Have you ever taken a version of the MBTI, with all the I/E and J/P questions that are omitted from cognitive functions tests? Of course it's not going to ask you how emotional you are, it's going to ask how you make decisions, with your head or your heart. And it's going to ask if you prefer interpersonal harmony over objectivity.

I am a feeler, but there is nothing emotional or compassionate about me. I might be subjective, but I am a logical and emotionally stable person and I feel a lot of ENFPs are, particularly those with strong Te. the questions of most MBTI tests are shallow and surface level and don't give an accurate description of anything (though Enneagram tests are even worse lol)
    You don't seem to have read Psychological Types, because Jung preceded each chapter on types with a section on types in general: feeling in general, thinking in general, sensing in general, intuition in general.

Given this, it is simply a matter of creating a test geared toward those functions in general - i.e., not related to attitudes, I and E. And there you have half of the MBTI. The other half of the questions is devoted to determining I/E and J/P.

this doesn't work. there are different types of introversion measured by different kinds of tests. in MBTI, it simply has to do with function order, and many ENFPs in other models of E/I test as introverts, self included.
    The question is, can you get to the E in ENFP through an I/E test alone? Not if you are an ambivert (even ignoring all the variations not related to any of this). But that's a limitation upon both JCF and MBTI too, as they both assume an I/E dichotomy. So it's really a matter of you admitting that none of these tests work for you because they are based in crappy systems.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    We need a seance. Or a hologram.
    a seance by a sham psychic who has power over holograms?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    a seance by a sham psychic who has power over holograms?
    a seance by a sham psychic who has power over a sham technology to settle a debate over a sham theory

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    a seance by a sham psychic who has power over a sham technology to settle a debate over a sham theory
    excellent... I shall find some investors who will happily invest in such an enterprise... I'm sure that it shall go along quite swimmingly

the ghost of tupac may finally tell us what HIS MBTI type is
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Well, it looks like I was wrong about you.

That's exactly what I pegged him as. The fact that he'd been doing the same routine every New Years Eve for who knows how long (no matter how ill he was), probably because he felt it was his responsibility, is what led me to think Guardian. Combined with his outgoing personality and friendly demeanor, I concluded ESFJ, as well. He's a great example of a masculine ESFJ (they seem stereotyped as being effeminate, where I tend to see them as more salesmanlike).

I concluded 3w2, as well. Not sure about the instinctual variants, but I was thinking so/sx.

He made me quicly think about Regis Philbin, another ESFJ. He seems more protective than him though, so rather Sp/Sx than So/Sx. Sames instinctual variant than Johnny Carson, I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IsFJ

Huh, didn't know he had passed away. Requiescat in pace.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    You would have totally been in love with Dick Clark...when Dick Clark was 16.
    Starry's right, imo. Dick Clark was a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Wait, have you guys actually not heard of Dick Clark? I'm not old (early 20s) but I thought almost everyone knew who he was.
    Yeah, that was my first thought. I'm about the same age as Elfboy (early 20s), and younger than Speed Gavroche (I think?), but I'd heard of Dick Clark.

Also, Uber's not that old either!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Starry's right, imo. Dick Clark was a cutie!

Yeah, that was my first thought. I'm about the same age as Elfboy (early 20s), and younger than Speed Gavroche (I think?), but I'd heard of Dick Clark.

Also, Uber's not that old either!
    As far as I can tell, SG is about 16.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    As far as I can tell, SG is about 16.
    Really. He looks like he's in his early twenties, in his photos!

But it's possible, I guess.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Really. He looks like he's in his early twenties, in his photos!

But it's possible, I guess.
    Not sure, but that may have been a joke implying Speed is immature.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?