• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Iron Man

What is Tony Stark's Type?

• ENTP

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • ESTP

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just saw the new movie and Tony Stark is about as ENTP as they come.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Still, why the zillionth superhero movie?
Why should we go and spend money on this?

LordPwnage

MBTI Type
INTP
He is a perfect example of an ENTP. I think Pepper was likely an ISTJ and Obadiah an INTJ.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
*sigh* Why is the evil villain always branded as the INTJ? ... don't answer that :rolli:

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good movie. However, if you have never heard of IronMan before this movie, are not at all interested in comic books or sweet engineering gadgets and prototypes...you may not enjoy the movie quite as much as the rest of us fans.

Without giving anything away (stay through the credits if you're going to see it!!!) ... I look forward to the sequel.

Ultimately, I think I enjoyed Transformers better, but its still a decent movie without any glaring problems.

One last question... can Stan Lee sink any lower for a cameo?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I saw it last night, and it was good. My son and I were discussing whether there would be sequal. It was my understanding that the sequel would be the Avengers. BTW, anyone who has followed the comics and have MBTI knowledge would agree that Stark is the ultimate ENTP, but I would not discount ESTP:
Such strongly expressing ESTPs can sometimes find themselves without any truly close relationships, for their behavior often provides a strong signal to others, who sense that “here be dragons”, and consequently offer as little as possible of their personal feelings or worldly knowledge as grist to the ESTPs one-upmanship mill. Under these circumstances, whilst the ESTP may have lots of acquaintances and partners in fun, there will be very few who will befriend them at any truly supportive, emotional level.

Apart from the reasons given above, some narrowly expressing ESTPs can sometimes find themselves isolated because of the unusual things they believe about people and the world - particularly in regard to the reasons they believe certain things happen. The ESTP is extremely familiar with the workings of the immediate, rational world of the senses, but because their Intuition is a virtually unconscious function, their ideas about things outside their ken can quite often be extraordinarily quaint, superstitious or just downright bizarre, and their thinking can weave some amazing logic to support these beliefs. This rarely affects their day to day life, for these ideas and superstitions quite often support their keenness and abilities, but in a situation where truly intuitive or theoretical notions are considered relevant and important, the ESTP can find themself very much the odd man out.
On second thought, this may have sounded more like Stark as ENTP:
Without a solid thinking function, the ENTP can easily discount or fail to notice the essential ethics of social and interpersonal relationship, often considering themselves “above” or untouched by such limiting values and often discounting the possibility that their actions might be or hurtful or seen as unethical by others. It is not that the one sided ENTP is deliberately hurtful, but simply ignorant of the effects which can flow from their often compulsive need for change or need to show how clever or individual they are. In the ENTP, the lack of a well developed Feeling Function means that they must learn to “understand” feeling in both themselves and others and come to terms with its affects. This understanding can only come from thinking carefully about the ways feeling affects not only themselves, but others, and the importance others place on this function. The ENTP has a feeling function more or less global in character and one which does not judge fine differences. This inability to discriminate feelings can allow the ENTP to say and do much that leaves others in the cold, so an effort to think about the feeling process can be essential. Without the understanding this brings, the ENTP can separate themselves from the ground of their life, from the constancy of their friends and family and, without even realizing it, they can easily find themselves in untenable positions where, without support, they wonder why they are suddenly alone and lost.

Another significant problem arises where the ENTP has grown within or is locked by circumstances to an environment which limits their freedom or their ability to utilize their specific abilities. This forces the ENTP to narrow down their intuitive process to the point where it retains at least some freedom to operate within their life. Under such conditions however, the intuition is free only to range over a small and limited field of vision, a field which usually consists only of the very things the ENTP is normally unconcerned about: the small details of life and its familiar objects. Without the ability to take stock and apply careful thought to the ways they might expand their horizons, the ENTP in such situations can become morose, niggardly and obsessed with the most minor or intangible details – to the point where such minutiae fill their life and each day becomes a frustrating process of eliminating again and again the little problems which ever seem to stand in the way of the “big” picture – a picture which, as those around them know only too well, will never be realized.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not a sequel, but a movie is in the works... ^_^

Never read any of the comics, but I enjoyed it just the same; I guess I really am my father's son.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
He is a perfect example of an ENTP. I think Pepper was likely an ISTJ and Obadiah an INTJ.

Pepper seemed more like an ISFJ: her constant comments about Tony's emotional insensitivity, her obsession with how random strangers at a party think of her (which seems to surpass even the most community oriented ISTJ). Yensen was an INTJ and I agree that Tony Starks could've been an ESTP if not for the fact that putting together a scifi reactor from a collection of scrap metal seems like it would require a rediculous amount of Extraverted Intuition.

Still, why the zillionth superhero movie?
Why should we go and spend money on this?

Because this one’s actually good.

batman_and_robin_1-1.jpg

Atomic Fiend

*sigh* Why'd you have to bring that movie into this? Seriously, some people are trying to forget.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
There is definately a reason they started over...Clooney killed the franchise, but at least Hollywood seems to be marginally learning from their mistakes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just saw the new movie and Tony Stark is about as ENTP as they come.

No wonder. I want. To pull his clothes off. (@#!*, Robert Downey! You're killing me!)

For what it's worth, I always saw the character -historically speaking- as an ENTJ (my sis used to collect Iron Man). But I think you're right. Played as an ENTP in the movie.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I always thought ENTJ, but now that I think about it you are all right with the ENTP.

By the way, what was Stan Lee's cameo in it? I didn't notice it...

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Ohhh, ok :laugh: I remembert hat, and I remember thinking "that isn't Hugh Heffner :huh:" Hhahahaha

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you pressing your bosom to this thread, Silent? :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
No wonder. I want. To pull his clothes off. (@#!*, Robert Downey! You're killing me!)

For what it's worth, I always saw the character -historically speaking- as an ENTJ (my sis used to collect Iron Man). But I think you're right. Played as an ENTP in the movie.

I never followed Iron Man too closely in the comics, but I thought of him more as an ENTJ there. In the movie he is most like an ENTP.

raincheckx3

iron man is just a drunk that happened to come upon a sweet suit.

batman is the one I'm waiting for.

RunnDMC

MBTI Type
ENTP
He didn't happen to come upon a sweet suit. He built it in a cave.