User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Tony Stark's Type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

14 56.00%
  • ESTP

8 32.00%
  • ENTJ

2 8.00%
  • ESTJ

1 4.00%
First 7891011 Last

Thread: Iron Man

MBTI
    INTJ

From the first one (haven't seen the second) he is inventive but seems to be inventive to serve a purpose, usually fun, like creating a cool flying suit, rather than because he loves inventing. It seems he is just blessed with a supergenius IQ but rarely feels any desire to use it when he is not working. Most of the time, he just likes to have fun and look impressive. He seems a definite S.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    From the first one (haven't seen the second) he is inventive but seems to be inventive to serve a purpose, usually fun, like creating a cool flying suit, rather than because he loves inventing.
    And this is proof of Sensing, how?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

What I mean is that inventing is not his passion. It's just something he's really really good at. His passion is just going around having a good time and having a thrill-ride. Inventing is just an end to his present, sensing related end.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    And this is proof of Sensing, how?
    You speak like "sensing" is a crime...
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I always wondered to what extent the "mechanics" of a personality mean that fictional characters necessarilly fit into MBTI types or not.

For example does it "naturally" happen that if you give a acharacter dom-Te, that their inferior will be Fi, etc., regardless of th author never havign ehard of MBTI?

I think it kind of makes sense.
    That's an interesting question...

I honestly have no idea. I suspect that at the very least it would occasionally happen that an author/"authors" would "naturally" provide a character with correlative dominate and inferior functions. I would also suspect that an author/"authors" might create an entirely fictional type with all of the ideal components of the varying personality types and possibly even increase the maximum number of correlations but I haven't really spent any time researching evidence to back any of that up.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    What I mean is that inventing is not his passion. It's just something he's really really good at. His passion is just going around having a good time and having a thrill-ride. Inventing is just an end to his present, sensing related end.
    To me if he were a Sensor, he'd be much more hands-on. As in, he'd assemble the robot himself, or something. I don't think the fact the man likes having a good time is proof of Sensing; God knows I myself love a good party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    To me if he were a Sensor, he'd be much more hands-on. As in, he'd assemble the robot himself, or something. I don't think the fact the man likes having a good time is proof of Sensing; God knows I myself love a good party.
    But msot people are snsors, and most people don't spendtheir lvies making things with their hands.

it is in large part to do the fact of whether one likes concrete facts or theories, for example. a flying suit is a very concrete concept.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

But msot people are snsors, and most people don't spendtheir lvies making things with their hands.

it is in large part to do the fact of whether one likes concrete facts or theories, for example. a flying suit is a very concrete concept.

Most real world inventors like Edison or Steve Jobs are considered N. (In fact they are usually considered ENTP.) How is a lightbulb or a home computer less concrete than a flying suit?

My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post

Most real world inventors like Edison or Steve Jobs are considered N. (In fact they are usually considered ENTP.) How is a lightbulb or a home computer less concrete than a flying suit?

Clealry in the parallel universe of Iron Man, it is a concrete idea.

I didn't watch the 2nd one as I disliked the first one so much, but in the first one, the guy is like "it was ok when I was selling arms to Amerkins to smoke out A-rabs, but now I'm pissed off at these A-rabs using my guns to kill white innocent people, so Ima make me a suit and go massacre some myself".

Then he goes and makes the suit in order to fulfill that immediate purpose, whcih he then proceeds to fulfill.

At no point is he an abstract personality speculating with ideas as his main form of operating.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Clealry in the parallel universe of Iron Man, it is a concrete idea.
    You still haven't told me how a flying suit is more concrete than a lightbulb or home computer. Every human artifact in the world today started out as simply an idea. The first person who has an idea significantly different from what exists needs a significant imagination to go with it. That is why inventors tend to be N's.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com