User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Tony Stark's Type?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

14 56.00%
  • ESTP

8 32.00%
  • ENTJ

2 8.00%
  • ESTJ

1 4.00%
First 56789 Last

Thread: Iron Man

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    And are most of them quick-witted womanizers who love jetting round the world shooting up foreigners?
    Quick witted? Yes
    Womanizers? If they are good looking, perhaps.
    Who love jetting around the world? ENTP's, sure.
    Shooting up foreigners? ENTP's, sure.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quick witted? Yes
    Womanizers? If they are good looking, perhaps.
    Who love jetting around the world? ENTP's, sure.
    Shooting up foreigners? ENTP's, sure
    ok dude, I will just have take your word for it that NASA is filled with reckless, action-man playboys whose personality resembles Stark from Iron Man, and not highly theoretical physics geeks as I would have expected.

You learn something new every day I guess.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ok dude, I will just have take your word for it that NASA is filled with reckless, action-man playboys whose personality resembles Stark from Iron Man, and not highly theoretical physics geeks as I would have expected.

You learn something new every day I guess.
    You took what I said WAY out of context. I said NASA was filled with NT's, not playboys. But, some of those NT's are going to be ENTP's - some of which will be good looking and have the playboy mentality. Just because NT's are smart doesn't mean they can't get women or that they can't be suave.

I totally see where you're coming from in regards to Stark's playboy persona. Heck, maybe he's ESTP for all I know. I just don't see ESTP's hanging out in that "sphere" of society all that often. The ESTP's I know are middle management, construction, low-tech government, etc. I don't see ESTP's making space suits and discovering new elements. I'm not saying they aren't capable of it or that there aren't some doing it, I'm just saying it doesn't really fit what I've seen in real life.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Tony Stark is ESTP. Even my ESTP room mate, who is an engineer, has no issue saying that he is tony stark .

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    You took what I said WAY out of context. I said NASA was filled with NT's, not playboys. But, some of those NT's are going to be ENTP's - some of which will be good looking and have the playboy mentality. Just because NT's are smart doesn't mean they can't get women or that they can't be suave.

I totally see where you're coming from in regards to Stark's playboy persona. Heck, maybe he's ESTP for all I know. I just don't see ESTP's hanging out in that "sphere" of society all that often. The ESTP's I know are middle management, construction, low-tech government, etc. I don't see ESTP's making space suits and discovering new elements. I'm not saying they aren't capable of it or that there aren't some doing it, I'm just saying it doesn't really fit what I've seen in real life.
    Stark really wasnt that into discovering though. He spends most of his time playboying! He spent maybe an hour building a hadron colider and "Welding" away a new element. He does not spend very much time researching. He is extremely hands on. I would say Stark is closer to halla than oberon.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    He spent maybe an hour building a hadron colider and "Welding" away a new element. He does not spend very much time researching. [/B][/I]
    Hey, what can I say, his Ti is only auxiliary!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Tony Stark is a super-genius and therefore NTP!

CASE CLOSED

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Well IRL I have known womanizing NT's and all the rest of it but certainly not in the way Stark was.

These people defined themselves ultimately as intellectual. As I remember this was not at all Stark's defining feature, rather that he is an action-man who lives in the moment, i.e. the defining feature of an Se-dom.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

IDK I only saw the first one. The reason I thought he was an S is because he is into action and sensorary indulgence and at no point showed any intuition. he just seemed like the typical son of an executive trained in political savvy and bureaucratic vocabulary (which many people mistake for intuition).
    In the second one, he's even MORE S than the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah, believe it or not, as I watched the movie I thought "people on the forum would totally type this guy as an S except that he is smart and OBVIOUSLY S's can't be smart." I knew he would end up ENTP.

If he wasn't actually shown as being extremely smart what would people type him as? You guys do realize that there have to be maybe a few anomalies to the "anyone who is exceptionally smart is an NT" right? Oh, never mind.
    I think the problem is that a lot of ENTPs on this forum believe that they have "strong Se". Even ENTJ makes more sense to me for stark (Te - Se).

I didn't type him as ENTP because he was smart. I typed him as ENTP because he seemed to have Ne as a primary function with Ti as a back-up (lots of careful analysis, like when he was looking at the new element, etc.).
    Look, I have an ESTP room mate who IS AN ENGINEER. He is very smart, does tons of crazy math and graduate classes etc. I would never, nor would he ever, agree with a Ne world view. Ne people are often risk takers because they just either dont know any better, or dont care to (ie inferior Si, wont save for a rainy day, wont worry about the future etc). Se people appear to be more risk takers because they believe they just are that much of a bad ass (im being serious). Stark seemed to fall more into the latter. I felt like I was watching a james bond movie (with the one liners etc). Not exactly "Ne = wit" ever went off in my head.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm going agree with Babylon Candle and tcda on this one. Stark has a ton of Se. He's putting things together and making it work, not brainstorming and mapping out everything before proceeding. That's one of the major differences between the two. They both have analytical Ti to back up their primary function, but Se is "do it right now and see if it works" while Ne "brainstorm on paper first".

He also seems very focused on -current- fame and fortune. Ne users are more future oriented
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.