• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Iron Man

What is Tony Stark's Type?

• ENTP

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • ESTP

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay I know he was very smart in doing it, but what I meant is that he just did what was necessary to achieve his goal and not for the sake of inventing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think a case can be made for both ESTP and ENTP, based on the movie (just saw it last night)

The sheer building of the suit, the 'hardware' as he calls it, the flying and manoevring, the exuberant Expo he made, his driving everyone around him crazy coz he cannot be controlled, is kinda...STP, I'd say.

The conception of the suit, the software that goes into it, the making a new element (also the way he gets to that point), the crazy ideas, etc scream ENTP

Both types do the womanizing thing and having a penchant for chaos. Both types take their time growing up and controlling their chaotic and destructive nature.

I haven't read the comic, but based on the vibe of the actor in the movie, I have to go with ENTP. Yes, he's a womanizer, however, he doesn't pull off the alpha vibe that ESTPs rock at. Charm and wit, yes...primal vibe when hitting on women...no.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
And yes, I've read the comic book Iron Man, and that Tony is more ENTJ.

Yeah I agree. Often when these comic book personalities are adapted to movies, their type ends up changing. For example I think comics Spider-Man is ENTP, but in the movie he's more of an INFP.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
We had this discussion before in another thread and it became quite an argument I recall. :D

I still stand by: ESTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which Stark? In the movies it's ENTP. In the comics it's INTJ.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, I remember this conversation. I'm still with the ESTP's on this one. Especially movie stark; perhaps this is more second movie than first, the first I could see ENTP seeing as he invented the suit, whereas the second he just showed it off a lot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ExTP.

With the plot driving the character as the movie chain continues, it's hard to tell what is Stark and what is a contrivance.

I think Iron Man in the comic book originally was more ESTJ.
But not RDJ's version.

EDIT: Is there a reason this is in the NT forum? Are you screening to just get NT votes, to see how Stark is perceived? Typically this will be moved to the Type and Culture forum.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm stuck between ESTP and ENTP for him. The way he builds his image is grand, I would have thought that to be a visionary, ENTP thing to do. But overall he seems more concrete than imaginative, and more of an SP than an NT in general. I don't want to go into more depth than that.

He's Enneagram, 7w8 yeah?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
in Iron Man 2?
He's obviously A Jerk-face Douchebag

Poor Pepper Pots...

In other news Black Widdow + Mace = Pure Greatness

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
This movie was really awsome.
It is perhaps the closest a superhero movie has come to feeling like it was written by Stan Lee.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
My bet is that Tony Stark is either an ENTP or ESTP.
Robert Downey Jr. is definitely an SP actor, that's for sure.