• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lolita (Nabokov)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Humbert: INFP
Lolita: ESTP
Charlotte: ESFJ

Bonus

Nabokov: INFP 5w4 So/Sx.

Thoughts?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Humbert: ISFP. .. . Far too self i mportant about looks, style to be INFP, lacks empathy towards both Charlotte and Dolores, could be explained by Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but he's so immersed in the sensual, the stylish, the intellectually pretentious, he actually has Lolita jerk him off while he's watching playgrounds, he's far too immersed in the sensory experience. Instead of being satisfied by memoirs of Lola in socks, he seeks out new positions, experiences, even new "nymphets" ...constantly remarks on the animal sexuality of others, Lola, her mother, the neighbor, Lolas new man, all the women who supposedly want him. He is a hilariously unhealthy ISFP, who has an Fi moral reckoning at the end, none the less at the sound of children playing, not a fantasy, idea or artwork.

Lolita: definitely Se dom, but I considered her more ESFP

Charlotte: ESFJ is good, even ENFJ. ..She's messy and impossibly romantic...yeah ENFJ is better for Charlotte, her romantic delusion, suicide, power play with her own daughter...Charlotte is unusual, frustrated, ESFJ doesn't make sense.

I don't speculate upon Nabokov, don't know him well enough, would have to read a lot more.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Humbert is ISFP - it's evident from the first line of the novel where he's obsessing about the sensation of "Lolita's" name when he speaks it. An INFP Humbert would introduce himself as believing Lolita is his soul mate or something...

The Phantom from Phantom of the Opera is a "rapey" INFP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t75STnoaR1w

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP all the way for Humbert.

Pervey perv...

scasey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
After having read the book, I would most certainly categorize Humbert as an INTP. I am one myself, and I can recognize a fellow INTP without much difficulty. His writings express many melodious compositions of thought identical to those of a philosophical logician. He is known as the "unreliable narrator" due to his ability to veil his deviating mind with a symphonic architecture. If anything, T is probably one of his most governing traits.