• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is Yoda?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you prefer to stick on one line which doesn't prove anything. Anyway, the entire movie is online, watch it.

Obviously there is no such quote. Why must you always play to lose?

No, they are focused on what they do, not on the future.

Luke, who is Se-aux, is focused on bombing womp rats from his speeder. When his uncle and aunt are killed he wants to follow in his father's footsteps (of course he didn't know who that was at the time). There you have Fi and Se.

Spending a long time doing diplomacy and negotiating with Jabba. Luke is more focused on diplomacy than on tactic. He is an NF, not an SP.

Where are you getting this crap from? You're just throwing crap to the wind and asking me to track down your sources for you.

Prove it.

See?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously there is no such quote. Why must you always play to lose?

[youtube=3A_uOaA3e_0]Star Wars: Yoda's Training and Wisdom[/youtube]

At 2.00, Yoda critic the too much strong leaning to be focused on the future and not enough on wha he is doing. So he is N, not S.

Take that in your face and do your homework.

Also, Yoda has no problem to express his critical judgement openly to Luke and desn't care about how he feels about this. He is T, not F.

Luke, who is Se-aux, is focused on bombing womp rats from his speeder. When his uncle and aunt are killed he wants to follow in his father's footsteps (of course he didn't know who that was at the time). There you have Fi and Se.

You can have Se without being an Ne dom. We all have the 8 functions. Actually, when Ben talk about him joining the rebellion for the first time, he suddendly become focused on the concrete routine, in balance with his usual daydreaming and future oriented nature. Luke is Ne-Si. Daydreaminjg but tend to be routine bound.

Where are you getting this crap from? You're just throwing crap to the wind and asking me to track down your sources for you

Book about MBTI.

No proof. Try again.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[youtube=3A_uOaA3e_0]Star Wars: Yoda's Training and Wisdom[/youtube]

At 2.00, Yoda critic the too much strong leaning to be focused on the future and not enough on wha he is doing. So he is N, not S.

Take that in your face and do your homework.

Also, Yoda has no problem to express his critical judgement openly to Luke and desn't care about how he feels about this. He is T, not F.

You can have Se without being an Ne dom. We all have the 8 functions. Actually, when Ben talk about him joining the rebellion for the first time, he suddendly become focused on the concrete routine, in balance with his usual daydreaming and future oriented nature. Luke is Ne-Si. Daydreaminjg but tend to be routine bound.

Book about MBTI.

No proof. Try again.

What the hell is a "future-oriented nature"? That's just psycho-babble.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What the hell is a "future-oriented nature"? That's just psycho-babble.

Preference for being focused on the future.

See what happened: you skipped all my arguments because you had noting to counter them, and try to save that nip-ticking about the sense of the words. You losed.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I'm doing my homework now.

Luke: "How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" (Asks specific, concrete questions)
Luke: "Come on... How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am." (Skeptical Sensing questions)
Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: "I am ready. I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Yoda: (pointing to Luke) "You are reckless." Yoda doesn't really understand Luke. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Yoda: (mockingly at Luke) "Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh." (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html "Always looking to the future." Luke prefers excitement and adventure over farming, these are future possibilities of novel sensory experiences. Luke's future goals are all sensory in nature.
Luke: "Is the dark side stronger? How am I to know the good side from the bad?" (Specific, concrete Sensing questions.)
Luke: "There's something not right. I feel cold... What's in there?" (Sensory statements and questions.)
Luke: "Will they die?"

There is utterly nothing of an Intuitive nature about Luke Skywalker.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I'm doing my homework now.

Luke: "How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" (Asks specific, concrete questions)
Luke: "Come on... How could you know my father? You don't even know who I am." (Skeptical Sensing questions)
Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: "I am ready. I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready!" (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Yoda: (pointing to Luke) "You are reckless." Yoda doesn't really understand Luke. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Yoda: (mockingly at Luke) "Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh." (ISFPs are action-oriented individuals. They are "doers" http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html "Always looking to the future." Luke prefers excitement and adventure over farming, these are future possibilities of novel sensory experiences. Luke's future goals are all sensory in nature.
Luke: "Is the dark side stronger? How am I to know the good side from the bad?" (Specific, concrete Sensing questions.)
Luke: "There's something not right. I feel cold... What's in there?" (Sensory statements and questions.)
Luke: "Will they die?"

There is utterly nothing of an Intuitive nature about Luke Skywalker.

Luker is more focused on the future than on the sensory details of the present. Therefore he is N over S. That's all. INFPs, as many Ps have an appel for adventure too, so you did not prove anything. If Luke was truly a doer, he would have jumped into action when Ben talked him about this. But he suddendly became focused on routine. Luke is tertiary Si, not auxilary Se.

"This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing! Adventure, heh! Excitement, heh!… A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"

Luke, as an INFP is adventurous and future oriented. ISFPs are adventurous and present oriented.

wookieepedia said:
In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.

A sensor, hum?

According to Han Solo, his first impression of Skywalker was a naïve kid who needed to be taught a thing or two.[163]

That's the typical impression that STPs get about INFPs. For ISFPs, they see them as more sensitive than them, but ressourceful and not naive kids. Also, what Han, an STP think about Luke is quite similar with what Yoda, as an NTP, thinks about Luke, except that Yoda is more abstract than Han, but not more emotional ofr Feeler than Han.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Luker is more focused on the future than on the sensory details of the present. Therefore he is N over S. That's all. INFPs, as many Ps have an appel for adventure too, so you did not prove anything.

You're just picking and choosing. This is called confirmation bias. There is nothing intuitive about focusing on future goals, as Yoda said, of excitement and adventure. Luke, according to all the evidence, is a concrete-bound Sensor. All of the quotes, here and on websites, show Luke's Sensing nature.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000273/quotes
Luke: I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole. ("Slimy mudhole" is a statement of simple fact - Sensor).
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it. (Luke failing to raise his fighter out of the swamp; Sensors disbelieve in extra-normal events.)
Luke: But Han and Leia will die if I don't. (A concrete statement based on what Luke knows about the facts.)
Luke: (asking Yoda) Vader... Is the dark side stronger? (IOW, does the fact that Vader is powerful with Force mean the dark side is stronger?) They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says that he belongs to someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? (Asking for specific, concrete Sensor information)
Luke: I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. (A simple concrete goal, being a future goal does not make it intuitive.)
Luke: [indicating R2-D2] This little droid. I think he's searching for his former master. I've never seen such devotion in a droid before. Ah, he claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know what he's talking about? They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: [angry] Okay. Take care of yourself Han. I guess that's what you're best at isn't it? (Fi-dom statement chiding Han for being selfishly concerned)
Luke: [on first seeing the Millennium Falcon] What a piece of junk!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're just picking and choosing. This is called confirmation bias. There is nothing intuitive about focusing on future goals, as Yoda said, of excitement and adventure. Luke, according to all the evidence, is a concrete-bound Sensor. All of the quotes, here and on websites, show Luke's Sensing nature.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000273/quotes
Luke: I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole. ("Slimy mudhole" is a statement of simple fact - Sensor).
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it. (Luke failing to raise his fighter out of the swamp; Sensors disbelieve in extra-normal events.)
Luke: But Han and Leia will die if I don't. (A concrete statement based on what Luke knows about the facts.)
Luke: (asking Yoda) Vader... Is the dark side stronger? (IOW, does the fact that Vader is powerful with Force mean the dark side is stronger?) They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: Well, I stumbled across a recording while I was cleaning him. He says that he belongs to someone named Obi-Wan Kenobi. I thought he might have meant old Ben. Do you know what he's talking about? (Asking for specific, concrete Sensor information)
Luke: I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father. (A simple concrete goal, being a future goal does not make it intuitive.)
Luke: [indicating R2-D2] This little droid. I think he's searching for his former master. I've never seen such devotion in a droid before. Ah, he claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know what he's talking about? They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
Luke: [angry] Okay. Take care of yourself Han. I guess that's what you're best at isn't it? (Fi-dom statement chiding Han for being selfishly concerned)
Luke: [on first seeing the Millennium Falcon] What a piece of junk!

Same. Luke is asking question, have "maybe" thinking, and is focused on the future. So he is N, not S. Luke is a Perceiver of his external environment, and then is a questioner. SP are Perceiver of their external environment and then are Doers.

"This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing!

In his youth, Luke was often impatient, looking ahead to the future with little regard for his present surroundings.

You must prove that it doesn't mean that Luke is a N.

At first you said there was no quotes. Now you are saying that the quotes mean nothing. That lack of consistency is a good clue that you are wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Naturally.

Luke is asking question,

concrete questions...

have "maybe" thinking,

Psychobabble. There is no such thing as "maybe thinking."

and is focused on the future.

In terms of the concrete goals he set forth. Are you saying that Sensors don't think about the future?

So he is N, not S.

Non sequitur.

You're certainly not behind on your Star Wars homework. But you're definitely lacking in the MBTI department.

Luke is a Perceiver of his external environment, and then is a questioner. SP are Perceiver of their external environment and then are Doers.

Close. Luke is a Perceiver, his perceptions are externally driven - and then he asks typical ISFP questions so he can then do something with the answers.
Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (In more ways than one...)

You must prove that it doesn't mean that Luke is a N.

I have already done so many times.

At first you said there was no quotes. Now you are saying that the quotes mean nothing. That lack of consistency is a good clue that you are wrong.

My clue that you are wrong is that fact that you are always wrong.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
concrete questions...

Not especially. "Will they die" "maybe it's the old ben"... Luke coniders possbilities, the future.

Psychobabble. There is no such thing as "maybe thinking."

One more y from tou to avoid the eviden with nip-ticking about the sense of the words. If you think "maybe", you are considering possibilities and therefore using Ne.

In terms of the concrete goals he set forth. Are you saying that Sensors don't think about the future?

This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away. To the future. To the horizon. Never his mind on where he was… what he was doing!

They are certainly not like this. Face the evidences.

You're certainly not behind on your Star Wars homework. But you're definitely lacking in the MBTI department.

You have no argument to support you assertions, so it has no value.

Close. Luke is a Perceiver, his perceptions are externally driven - and then he asks typical ISFP questions so he can then do something with the answers.
Luke: "I don't even know what I'm doing here, we're wasting our time!" (In more ways than one...)

uke is reckless but lack of focus on the present moment and sensoryawareness. Therefore he is an NP.

I have already done so many times.

Never.

My clue that you are wrong is that fact that you are always wrong.

You say I'am wrong without anything to support the idea that I'am wrong. Therefore you are wrong. End of the story.

Coluche said that it was easy to say an intelligent thing: you just have to read a bullshit and say the contrary. It worls pretty well in your case.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not especially. "Will they die" "maybe it's the old ben"... Luke coniders possbilities, the future.

He's considering his friends. Are you seriously saying that a Sensor doesn't consider the possibility that someone will die if x happens? How far are you willing to take this whole "future" argument before you finally snap and jump off the Eiffel Tower?

One more y from tou to avoid the eviden with nip-ticking about the sense of the words. If you think "maybe", you are considering possibilities and therefore using Ne.

Possibilities of WHAT? That's the point I'm making here.

Is it the possibility of this future scientific city?
Scientific%20Ghost%20Town%201-thumb-550xauto-91198.jpg

Or is it the possibility of someone dying in a garbage smasher?

Learn to focus on the essentials of what creates a type.

You say I'am wrong without anything to support the idea that I'am wrong. Therefore you are wrong. End of the story.

There you have offered two clues that you are wrong:

1. You wrote "end of story," a common signal that you are wrong again and are waving the white flag of surrender.
2. You tried to use logic, which with you is always a last resort.

But your logic is wrong, as always. If I were to say that you are wrong, without offering evidence, it would still remain a fact that you are either right or wrong. Or to put it another way, my mere assertion that you are wrong does not prove that you are right or I am wrong.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's considering his friends.

Chewbacca, a true SFP is considering his friends too. Every good guys in the movies consider their friends. But they are not that focuse on what "could" happen. That's what intuitors do, but not the S.

Possibilities of WHAT? That's the point I'm making here.

Possibilites about his friends for example. As you've said it just before.

Learn to focus on the essentials of what creates a type.

I do:

That's the essential, face it and learn.

2. You tried to use logic, which with you is always a last resort.

Hum, even if it is just a last ressort, it still more used than it is by you.

But your logic is wrong, as always. If I were to say that you are wrong, without offering evidence

Evidence.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJ . . . is very unlikely. Unless of course your talking about canon outside the films, however I'm not really familiar with the Star Wars EU.

Why INTP?

Yoda reminds me of this really old chinese landlady I had. I definitely think if she had another 700 years she would have morphed into yoda. She offered to pay me $15,000 to marry her neice from Shanghai. It was hilarious

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chewbacca, a true SFP is considering his friends too. Every good guys in the movies consider their friends. But they are not that focuse on what "could" happen. That's what intuitors do, but not the S.

Bullshit, pure and simple.

Possibilites about his friends for example. As you've said it just before.

Yup, and the possible ways of losing their lives are endless. However, those are concrete possibilities.

I do:

That's the essential, face it and learn.

Hum, even if it is just a last ressort, it still more used than it is by you.

Evidence.

Yes, learn to use it wisely and "maybe" you "could" create a convincing argument.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bullshit, pure and simple.

Prove it.

Yup, and the possible ways of losing their lives are endless. However, those are concrete possibilities.

Contradiction. As long as it is possibilities, it's not concrete.

Yes, learn to use it wisely and "maybe" you "could" create a convincing argument.

Luke don't pay atention to details and is focused on the futuren therefore he is a N, that's all. Admit it and learn.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prove it.

Prove it yourself by reading something on the MBTI.

Contradiction. As long as it is possibilities, it's not concrete.

At best, you have (accidentally) located the Ni tertiary of the ISFP.

A possibility is an idea - duh - an Se idea about excitement and adventure, or about not dying in a garbage smasher, or about being like his adventurous father when he grows up, or about being some place other than the farm on a dry desert planet. Se has goals too. If Se can't live in the moment because it is dull and boring, then the only way out is to visualize other possibilities of excitement where they CAN live in the moment.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prove it yourself by reading something on the MBTI.

Prove us that I never read about MBTO

At best, you have (accidentally) located the Ni tertiary of the ISFP.

A possibility is an idea - duh - an Se idea about excitement and adventure, or about not dying in a garbage smasher, or about being like his adventurous father when he grows up, or about being some place other than the farm on a dry desert planet. Se has goals too. If Se can't live in the moment because it is dull and boring, then the only way out is to visualize other possibilities of excitement where they CAN live in the moment.

Ni is about a planned single vision of the future. Luke is not a planner of the future. He is just opened about possibilities. While SPs are opened about opportunities, but when Ben offers it, he does not take it and jump into action, as a true SP would do, but is bond by his tertiary Si and "what if" thinking.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not sure if this has been brought up but Yoda has a tendency to use improper grammar structure, which would tend to rule out T.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys are really, really off with the INTP guess. I suggest studying Introverted Thinking, but first you'll need to stop manipulating facts to fit theories and start doing the opposite.